BY NEUTROGENA #28 in Toners & Astringents

Benefits

Our daily, oil-control astringent helps treat acne and prevent future breakouts and blackheads. It’s also gentle enough to use morning, noon and night, because it won't over-dry or irritate your skin. This maximum strength formula contains Salicylic Acid, an acne-fighting ingredient recommended by dermatologists. It penetrates deep into pores to help remove the dirt, oil and makeup that can cause breakouts. It also instantly eliminates and controls excess surface oil, so you’re always ready to face the day.

• Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment

HOW TO USE

• Cleanse skin thoroughly before applying this product
  • Cover the entire affected area with a thin layer one to three times daily

Drug Facts

Active ingredient

Salicylic Acid 2%

Purpose

Acne Treatment

Uses For the treatment of acne.

Warnings: For external use only. Flammable: Keep away from fire or flame. When using this product skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical medication at a time. If eye contact occurs, flush thoroughly with water Keep out of reach of children.If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

Directions cleanse skin thoroughly before applying this product cover the entire affected area with a thin layer one to three times daily because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor if bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day. if irritation or sensitivity develops, stop use of both products and ask a doctor.

Other information Store at Room Temperature.

Inactive ingredients

Water, alcohol denat., hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, butylene glycol, glycereth-7, methyl gluceth-20, alcohol, fragrance, propylene glycol, benzophenone-4, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, blue 1

• I've never used this but I would like somebody's opinion ...3 Answers
  • Neutrogena is the best branch for skin care, does this re...2 Answers
  • Does this reduce oil productions, is there a cleanser tha...2 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Alexander W.
Alhambra, CA
The Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil-Eliminating Astringent is great at tackling a few things. Here's what it CAN do:

A few of my favorites about this toner:
+ Scent: smells has a mix of Hazel and alcohol but the smell overall mixes well!
+ Texture: since it's a clear liquid it applies onto the skin nicely and a few applications on a clean cotton pad can last your entire face.

+ Effectiveness: this product does a GREAT job to dry out acne areas that are about to form and helps to reduce the inflammation in those areas.
+ PRO tip: with everyday applications of this toner on the same acne areas, it WILL dry out your skin to the point where you may start to flake or peel in those areas. Beware and apply accordingly as you see best!

Overall, I would recommend this toner since for what it is it DOES do its job and helps tackle current as well as any upcoming breakout concerns. Use and watch as your skin may react differently than someone else!
Gracie H.
Interlochen
I love this product for unclogging pores and getting rid of pimples. Personally, I love the tingling sensation, but for sensitive skin, I believe this may be too harsh. It does burn slightly when I clean my pores out, but it is totally worth it for me. I highly would recommend this product. It is perfect for declogging pores and getting rid of any breakouts. I recommend placing a nice amount onto a cotton round and holding it on the pimple, then let it dry a little bit, and repeat.
Alissa M.
San Antonio
Firstly guys, always patch test things you’re going to put on your face. Secondly, be careful of using such harsh chemicals on your face. I use this sparingly, and I think that’s because I dislike using stronger chemicals and tend to sway more to organic and less chemical facial care products. I only use this when I’m breaking out super badly due to oils and hair products. It’s not my favourite but it does help with controlling oil for those who have nodular acne.
Bruna P.
Boca Raton
I really like this product, it’s included in my skincare routine. It it instantly remove surface oil to control shine , treats and prevent breakouts. I use this product everyday , twice a day. If your skin is too dry I’d suggest that you apply this product once a day and keep increasing the numbers of applications after a while. PS I don’t have breakouts or acne problems but I do love the texture and how dry touch my skin gets when I use this product.
Ingrid R.
Brooklyn, NY
I use this as the last step when taking my make up off for the day. It smells a bit strong, but that’s astringent so I don’t mind. It is easy on the skin and does not over dry it (but it does control the oil). Even after washing my face and using make up remover wipes, this still cleans a bunch of dirt and make up off my face that I didn’t know was still there. I find this at my local drugstore for an affordable price and it lasts me a long time since you only need a small amount on a cotton ball for the whole face. Definitely recommend.
Karyme G.
This product is great for oil control and reducing blemishes. Also, blemishes clear away faster while using this product. I use it in the mornings and at night. There are days that it dries out my skin a little bit but I don't mind because my skin is really oily, especially my nose. I also, use the astringent, on my chest, shoulders and upper back so that my skin feels fresh and clean. Effectiveness This product is effective but you have to use it frequently to help your skin
Anesia W.
Eastvale, CA
This is the only toner that ALWAYS clears my face up. Always. It is strong and it can dry your face out unless you have super oily skin or acne--I wouldn't recommend it. If you have oily skin--this might be for you. It gets EVERY THING OFF your face. And it does help keep your oils under control. My #1 Toner!
C'estMartine K.
Drexel Hill, PA
I brought the Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil -Eliminating Astringent because it has Salicyvlic Acid which is good for treating acne. After I wash my face, I use witch hazel then the Neutrogena. After the first use I can feel the difference. Once you first put it on your first face and neck you get a little tingling all over and it goes away. You will get your monies worth out of this product.
Rachael M.
Pleasant View, UT
I am giving this 5 stars, not because it's the best thing out there. But because it does it's job. I would NOT use this daily. I only use this in spots where I am acne prone and am flaring up (like PMS week). I have dry to combination + sensitive skin with rosacea. If you have oily skin with acne, maybe you can use this more. I love it for occasional use, will likely purchase again.
Aleeyah P.
I would recommend this product for someone who has acne prone oily to combo skin but make sure not to use it on a daily basis because it will cause you to have dry skin and strip your face from your natural oils. This eliminates any left over makeup or dirt that wasn’t washed away when washing your face and keeps your skin nice and prepared for your day or night skin routine!
Meagan C.
Virginia Bch, VA
Will using this dry my skin out?
Fawn M.
Warren, PA
Does this have alcohol in it?
Katherine B.
Am I the only one that adores this product? I really feel this clean my face so well.
Ivana S.
Do you really control the oil excess in your face?
marisela m.
Oklahoma City, OK
I've never used this but I would like somebody's opinion on it so if anybody has use this please let me know how you like it