BY NEUTROGENA #21 in Toners & Astringents

Benefits

Our daily, oil-control astringent helps treat acne and prevent future breakouts and blackheads. It’s also gentle enough to use morning, noon and night, because it won't over-dry or irritate your skin. This maximum strength formula contains Salicylic Acid, an acne-fighting ingredient recommended by dermatologists. It penetrates deep into pores to help remove the dirt, oil and makeup that can cause breakouts. It also instantly eliminates and controls excess surface oil, so you’re always ready to face the day.

• Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment

HOW TO USE

• Cleanse skin thoroughly before applying this product
  • Cover the entire affected area with a thin layer one to three times daily

Drug Facts

Active ingredient

Salicylic Acid 2%

Purpose

Acne Treatment

Uses For the treatment of acne.

Warnings: For external use only. Flammable: Keep away from fire or flame. When using this product skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical medication at a time. If eye contact occurs, flush thoroughly with water Keep out of reach of children.If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

Directions cleanse skin thoroughly before applying this product cover the entire affected area with a thin layer one to three times daily because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor if bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day. if irritation or sensitivity develops, stop use of both products and ask a doctor.

Other information Store at Room Temperature.

Inactive ingredients

Water, alcohol denat., hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, butylene glycol, glycereth-7, methyl gluceth-20, alcohol, fragrance, propylene glycol, benzophenone-4, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, blue 1

• I've never used this but I would like somebody's opinion on it so...2 Answers
  • Neutrogena is the best branch for skin care, does this really pre...2 Answers
  • Does this reduce oil productions, is there a cleanser that does r...2 Answers
Ingrid R.
Brooklyn, NY
I use this as the last step when taking my make up off for the day. It smells a bit strong, but that’s astringent so I don’t mind. It is easy on the skin and does not over dry it (but it does control the oil). Even after washing my face and using make up remover wipes, this still cleans a bunch of dirt and make up off my face that I didn’t know was still there. I find this at my local drugstore for an affordable price and it lasts me a long time since you only need a small amount on a cotton ball for the whole face. Definitely recommend.
Tayler G.
Winston-Salem
So I've used this for a little over a year. It's does what it says but it is every harsh. It's like straight alcohol. If you have sensitive skin I do not recommend. Instead of using as a toner I would suggest using it as spot treatment because it's very drying. Warning: don't put this on your face after exfoliating, it feels like your face is getting burned off.
Samara W.
Hayward, CA
I’ve used this for a few years, and to be honest- I haven’t explored many other options. This astringent removes a ton of dirt and oil from my face because I can see it all on the cotton pad. However, it’s quite harsh and leaves my face super dry and tight. It may be because i have combo skin, but I immediately have to put moisturizer on. I would recommend this to people with an oily skin type, since it basically removes all the oil from your face.
Krissy I.
Chico
This stuff is super strong and it almost feels like putting pure alcohol with a couple other cheap ingredients on your face. I would only recommend this as a spot treatment maybe twice a week at most and not all over the face otherwise you may notice that it will completely dry out your skin which can cause over production of oil to make up for lack of it which really just defeats the purpose of the entire product anyways.
Ashlee D.
Huntington, WV
Are use this almost every night because it helps so much with my breakouts! I recently just went through a horrible break out and I can guarantee this will help a lot are use this in the spot treatment from Neutrogena and it’s a perfect pair! I would recommend you start off a couple days applying this because it does dry out your skin a lot so pair with a very good moisturizer as well!
Liliana C.
LOS ANGELES, CA
OMG. Es el mejor tónico que eh usado en mi vida aparte siempre lo he comprado con buenas especiales. No lo cambio por nada me ayuda a nivelar el tono de mi piel y me ayuda a mantener mi cara libre de grasa. Es un producto q nunca falta en mi caja de maquillaje. NEUTROGENA sin duda la mejor.
Lillian S.
Woodside, NY
I wanted to use an astringent so what better than my go to Neutrogena. I love there products, but i have to say this pore oil eliminating astringent did not pair well with my skin, it caused irritation and redness. the scent is very strong, and it feels like putting alcohol directly into the skin. it also made my skin dry out.
Angela S.
This astringent is not really oil controlling because of the alcohol in it. The alcohol does dry the skin of oil temporarily but then the skin feels dry and will produce more oil! This product just was not worth me buying again now if you use it and then put moisturizer on that is good cuz the alcohol does dry out the pimples!
Christina S.
Poughkeepsie , NY
I like this toner because it leaves my skin feeling clean, but not dry. I use after my cleanser, but before my acne treatment so I really appreciate something that gets the job done but doesn’t irritate my skin since I’m using so many products. It has a good price point and does work!!

Pros
Good price point
It works!
Kathleen F.
Oswego, NY
This astringent needs to be used before a moisturizer because it can make your skin a bit dry. With that being said, it works to dry out and get rid of your pimples and black heads! I love this product and use it in my morning and nightly face washing routine. I’ve always had acne and it helps to minimize break outs.
Meagan C.
Virginia Bch, VA
Will using this dry my skin out?
Fawn M.
Warren, PA
Does this have alcohol in it?
Katherine B.
Indianapolis, IN
Am I the only one that adores this product? I really feel this clean my face so well.
Ivana S.
Do you really control the oil excess in your face?
Candra E.
Lizton, IN
I've been looking for something for my pores for a couple years now. I have large pores. Does this really reduce the size of your pores?