Neutrogena® Clear Pore Oil-Eliminating Astringent

Benefits

Our daily, oil-control astringent helps treat acne and prevent future breakouts and blackheads. It’s also gentle enough to use morning, noon and night, because it won't over-dry or irritate your skin. This maximum strength formula contains Salicylic Acid, an acne-fighting ingredient recommended by dermatologists. It penetrates deep into pores to help remove the dirt, oil and makeup that can cause breakouts. It also instantly eliminates and controls excess surface oil, so you’re always ready to face the day.

• Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment

HOW TO USE

• Cleanse skin thoroughly before applying this product
  • Cover the entire affected area with a thin layer one to three times daily

Drug Facts

Active ingredient

Salicylic Acid 2%

Purpose

Acne Treatment

Uses For the treatment of acne.

Warnings: For external use only. Flammable: Keep away from fire or flame. When using this product skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical medication at a time. If eye contact occurs, flush thoroughly with water Keep out of reach of children.If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

Directions cleanse skin thoroughly before applying this product cover the entire affected area with a thin layer one to three times daily because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor if bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day. if irritation or sensitivity develops, stop use of both products and ask a doctor.

Other information Store at Room Temperature.

Inactive ingredients

Water, alcohol denat., hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, butylene glycol, glycereth-7, methyl gluceth-20, alcohol, fragrance, propylene glycol, benzophenone-4, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, blue 1

Has anyone had any issues with this ? I have very sensitive skin and I’m always afraid to try new facial products.
Is this good for dry skin? Does it soothe the skin?
Does this product good for oily skin?
Start your review of Neutrogena® Clear Pore Oil-Eliminating Astringent!
4 months agoKentucky
I use this as a spot treatment mainly, since the alcohol in this can be drying and also gives it a strong smell. My skin is not particularly prone to breakouts but this does a great job at drying up the occasional pimple. After one day the size and redness is significantly reduced and by day 2 it's almost undetectable. If you only suffer from the occasional pimple and just need something cheap and simple to deal with that, this is a good option. I wouldn't recommend anyone spread this over their entire face, as the high alcohol content can end up exacerbating oil production and irritate more severe acne. If Neutrogena decided to reformulate this without that darn alcohol I would be more comfortable using this or recommending this to others.
2 months agoCameron, NC
I love this astringent I use it everyday sometimes twice a day. I don’t think it’s overly drying but would recommend always using a good moisturizer after using it. It does burn a little bit so it may not be best suited for people with overly sensitive skin.
13 days agoPalm Bay
I used this on my forehead acne and it clear es so quickly in about two weeks my forehead was so clear the only thing that didn’t get this product to give stars was that it’s smells terrible and very strong
22 days agoWatertown, CT
This product dried my skin out very badly. It worked to clear pimples but it is very strong and not something that I will buy again. 2 stars for the fact that I was able to use it as a spot treatment.
a month agoDallas, TX
This is my go-to skin product. It is both super affordable and powerful! You can feel it going into your pores are you apply it. I only wish they would sell this in a travel size because I miss it when not home!
a month agoLos Angeles
Purchased at: Target
First if all, the smell is TERRIBLE. It smells just like hand sanitizer which should give an idea of how much alcohol this toner has. The fumes sting both my eyes and nose. I use this product overnight along with my other skincare products and I have noticed that when I wake up my face isn't as oily as it tends to be. I personally think the strength of the smell of this product outweighs the one positive outcome I've had. I will continue to use it only until I finish the bottle. After that, I will not be repurchasing it.
2 months agoNolensville, TN
This is a great product if you are trying to reduce the size of your pores. It doesn’t smell great, it my skin reacted very well to it and I saw a noticeable difference. I would totally recommend this product.
2 months agoFlemington, NJ
This astringent is usually my go to if I feel like I need one. Lately I have not been using one because I feel as if they can be a little harsh on your face. But when I really do have a bad break out and I noticed that moisturizing it is not helping whatsoever, I will use this as stringent and it helps take away any of those tough acne spots I really don’t want. And even if you don’t want to put it all over your face you can put it on a cotton ball and then put it on the affected area. Still really great stuff
22 days agoWaterloo, IA
Overall feel neutral about this product. I don’t feel like it really helps that much, however, it also hasn’t made my skin break out or react badly to the product. Upon applying, it’s helped make my skin matte and close off some of those larger pores for a little while, but it never lasts too long before my skin becomes a grease ball once again.
2 months agoChicago, IL
This is a great product but you have to be in constant use of this in order for your skin to clear up. It was not expensive,the only thing I would change that it shouldn't sting so bad I have very sensitive skin but I would use it again
Ask a question to the Influenster community...