BY NEUTROGENA

• Does this dry out your skin? 2 Answers
  • Hello!! What's your morning routine?? I start my day using Neutro...1 Answers
  • I still have some acne because I have a very sensitive skin and I...1 Answers
Neutrogena® Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask
  • "I've been using this mask occasionally in the shower as a cleanser for the past few months. It does help you skin feel clean and fresh but be careful if you have sensitive skin. I've gotten rashes from using this as a mask when i left it on for a few minutes. It may be because i am allergic to benzoyl peroxide but it seems to work fine when i use it as a cleanser every few days. " in 92 reviews
  • "My dermatologist recommended this to me, along with the scrub that is also Benzoyl Peroxide based, and the 2 together are perfect." in 9 reviews
  • "The daily cleanser from this Neutrogena product is amazing but as a mask it seemed to break out my face and my face turned bright red with a burning sensation to match it and I will never use it as a mask again." in 7 reviews
Alisha B.
It's really a great product. However, there are a few things some should know before buying. This product has a cooling effect. Some mistake it for burning. Benzoyl Peroxide is an acne treatment, it gets in the nitty gritty areas of your face to really clean those pores out. I typically use this at night. So, after I've taken off all of my makeup, I'll wet my face with a warm, wet cloth to open my pores a little. Then I add a thin layer to all of my problem areas and I leave it on for no longer than 5 minutes. This product is very drying, so you have to be careful about how long it's left on. It greatly diminishes my acne and excess oil. I started this product with some crazy acne, and I'm almost out of product and my skin has improved greatly. It's great for every other day use. It's a great price, the smell doesn't bother me.
Lorelei C.
Palm Coast, FL
This is by far my favorite breakout fighting mask/cleanser! About once a week I try to use it as a mask instead of using my normal facial cleanser to keep breakouts at bay. It doesn’t dry me out totally and gets rid of pimples quick! It’s not too expensive and I happened to find this on clearance myself so I paid even less! The active ingredient is benzoyl peroxide, which has always worked for my skin care needs. Benzoyl peroxide doesn’t work well for everyone, but if it does or you’ve never tried it I DEFINITELY recommend this product!
Helen S.
The Absolute Best product I have found. I have tried almost everything and found myself going back to the original Neutrogena face wash. Whether you want a detoxifying mask or your normal facial cleanse this is everything in one bottle. This product doesn't over dry your skin at all. I simply wash off and spray with hazel as my toner. It gives the PERFECT balance. This way I can go expensive on my eye creams. Highly Recommended!!
Hannah W.
I just used this product as a face mask for the first time today and I would NOT recommend if you have sensitive skin. I followed the instructions for the face mask and when I rinsed my face with water and cleared the mask off of my face I was very red like I had a bad sunburn all over my face and it burned. I'm currently holding a wet cold cloth to my face to try and reduce the redness. I have sensitive skin so if you do also I would not recommend this product to you.
liz q.
Johnston, RI
I use this product in my morning skincare routine and in the shower. It is super effective in clearing pimples and works for the chest and back. It has a cooling effect that leaves my skin feeling clean and tingly. On an average day I use it as a cleanser but I also use it as a mask when my skin needs some extra help. I've also found that it works as an overnight spot treatment.
Bailey S.
Schenectady, NY
Dermatologist recommended this to me as a daily morning face wash. It definitely helped clear my pores and help with my cystic acne. I also really liked using it as a mask but it was a little frustrating because it did not dry.
The one thing I will say about this product is its a little drying so always protect your face with moisturizer and scarves during super windy cold months.
Christy T.
Rose Hill, VA
I use this as a mask only about 1-2 times a week. It helps to control my oil and it clears up my blackheads around my nose really well. It has a nice cooling sensation when used as a mask. I use it so little only because I have sensitive skin and am too scared to use it more often, but I'll definitely keep a bottle always to help when my blackhead and bigger pores get too gross.
Zerlynn T.
Salt Lake City, UT
I’ve been using this cleanser/mask for almost a year now and I love it so much. The benzoyl peroxide in the formula is just the right amount and strength to show results on your face but also not be too harsh. I like that on days when my face seems to need more care, I can just leave it on for a little longer to act as a mask. It is easy to find in any grocery store.
Karla V.
So when I tell you this is one of THE BEST face washes to use, I am being honest! I really love this mask/cleanser. When I use it as a mask I love the cooling sensation it brings to my face. Even when using it as a cleanser it brings the same sensation just not as harsh. It helps with my pores around my nose. I currently have to bottles of this and I really recommend it to any one who enjoys the cooling sensation! 11/10
lynette m.
I know this is a drugstore brand, but it’s been one of my staple items, since I was a teen. I find that out of all of the acne items I’ve tried that it works best. I typically buy it at Walmart (ugh, but it’s cheapest there). I have sensitive skin and it leaves me a bit dry, but it keeps me clear. I’d recommend using it every other day and it’s a perfect night time spot treatment.
Priyanka P.
Suwanee, GA
Does this help reduce/eliminate blackheads?
Pamela B.