BY NEUTROGENA

• Does this dry out your skin? 2 Answers
  • Hello!! What's your morning routine?? I start my day using Neutro...1 Answers
  • I still have some acne because I have a very sensitive skin and I...1 Answers
Neutrogena® Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask
  • "I've been using this mask occasionally in the shower as a cleanser for the past few months. It does help you skin feel clean and fresh but be careful if you have sensitive skin. I've gotten rashes from using this as a mask when i left it on for a few minutes. It may be because i am allergic to benzoyl peroxide but it seems to work fine when i use it as a cleanser every few days. " in 92 reviews
  • "My dermatologist recommended this to me, along with the scrub that is also Benzoyl Peroxide based, and the 2 together are perfect." in 9 reviews
  • "The daily cleanser from this Neutrogena product is amazing but as a mask it seemed to break out my face and my face turned bright red with a burning sensation to match it and I will never use it as a mask again." in 7 reviews
Marylou C.
Bronx, NY
My daughter bought this at Walgreens and I decided to try it out for myself. It is a pretty good acne fighter (has a nice tingly feeling), but if you have sensitive skin as I do, it will make your face red (moreso if you are not used to products with benzoyl peroxide) and may dry out your skin. I would start off using a very small amount once a week - as a cleanser, not a mask - until your skin gets used to it.
Sophia B.
Rohnert Park, CA
I'm not 100% on this product or not. I love it sometimes and I can feel the cooling sensation when I'm using it like the bottle says, but when I take it off and I get out of the shower it always leaves my skin sensitive and redness patches than I have to put on moisturizer quickly to relive the redness.
Karina M.
Stony Brook, NY
I'm very choosey with face washes and my skin is super sensitive. I've been using this for about a year now and I love it. I don't use it as a mask but if I have an angry pimple I'll use it as a spot treatment over night. It's not a miracle worker but it definitely does it's job. My skin has been significantly better since I started using this. You're not going to see results in one use- you need to stick to it.
Genesis D.
Palm Bay, FL
This product is all that it claims to be BUT be warned, it can be too strong for certain sensitive skin types. It is cooling and leaves your skin feeling squeaky clean but if used too often or left on for too long it WILL dry out your skin. My skin reacts and gets red in certain areas when I use it but over all it is an AWESOME cleanser and mask.
Alli H.
This stuff saved my life. I have pretty bad acne that is normally too deep for most cleansers to clear. However, this little beauty did the trick and continued to for months to come. It took a little while for my skin to adjust to it (the high percentage of benzyl can dry your skin out.) But after getting in the routine it easily did the trick. I would recommend it to people with deeper, more severe acne. I can imagine if your acne is more surfacey it will dry out your skin too much. But give it maybe a week and a half- two weeks before you judge it.
Mickaela R.
Loving this product at the moment! I had a huge breakout because of the change of the weather. My forehead and nose were completely acting up and oily. Using the mask was just perfect for my skin, took the oiliness away and left my skin ready for moisturizer. It doesn't even take that long to dry and you can feel the results in just 5 minutes.
Mary M.
I don't think this is a bad cleanser, I've only been using it for about 5 weeks now. I can definitely notice a difference in pimples after using this, but i do wish it came with more product. I would buy again to see if it clears up my skin
Octavia M.
Seattle, WA
The effect this is supposed to have isn't quite as great as it could be. The cleanser works really well and I normally just used it like that and let it sit just while I brushed my teeth which led to really smooth, soft, and clean skin. I found that leaving the mask on for much longer made any difference though. It helped to clear acne and didn't dry my skin out when followed by a proper moisturizer
Amanda P.
West Chester , OH
I typically use the Proactiv system, but if I am in between treatments this is my favorite face wash. My acne is too stubborn for Salicylic acid, I need Benzoyl Peroxide as it's a stronger acne-fighter. This product is a great value, too, only about $5.
Se Young K.
San Francisco, CA
This product is meant to be used as a cleanser and a mask but I found that it can be a bit too drying when used daily as a cleanser. I do love using it occasionally as a mask. It makes my skin feel refreshed and clean. But make sure you don't leave it on too long because it can be very drying and leave your skin feeling overly tight!
Priyanka P.
Suwanee, GA
Does this help reduce/eliminate blackheads?
Pamela B.