BY NEUTROGENA

• Hello!! What's your morning routine?? I start my day using Neutro...1 Answers
  • I still have some acne because I have a very sensitive skin and I...1 Answers
Ashley S.
Monroe
I love this product. It can be used as a cleanser or a mask, which is great when my skin starts breaking out. I've been using this product for years, it's super affordable but does the work of an expensive cleanser.
Abi A.
I have been using this cleanser for quite a while and I really like the results. For my skin type, I do not usually have trouble with acne but once in a while I may break out due to stress and little sleep. Based on the active ingredient benzoyl peroxide, this can be used to cleanse the impurities in the pores and can prevent break outs. I think it is more effective as a mask instead of a face wash since there is more contact time with the skin. When I use it as a mask, I feel a cooling sensation but others may think of it as a stinging feeling.

However, I would suggest using this as a mask only once a week after cleaning your face. The reason is that this product can dry your skin. If used as a mask, your skin may be red after rinsing off the product but for me it does not stay red that long. In addition, you must be careful when being out in the sun since your skin may be sensitive if you continuously use this product everyday.

Whereas, when I feel like a pimple may form, I may use this product as a spot treatment. I'll place the product on the area I feel a pimple forming and let it dry for 5 minutes before washing it off. Usually by the next day the pimple will not form completely and so I wouldn't have a pimple.

Overall, I would recommend this product since it has been effective for me. However, I would suggest going to a dermatologist to find the best type of skin care routine for your acne troubles and skin treatment.
Tara S.
Racine, WI
OMG!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! I have very oily skin and very large pores. In turn I get black heads and lil bumps all over my face. I have tried so many different facial products and haven't found ANYTHING that has cleared my face up like this Neutrogena stuff has. My problem is I'm almost out and can't find it ANYWHERE! I bought on the clearance shelf at Walgreens. It can be used as a mask or a regular daily face wash. I usually use it as a face wash, but about once a week I put it on as a mask and wash off after about 10 mins. It's white and sort of gritty, which I like products that have that "scrub texture" as I said my face it pretty oily and scrubs seem to cleanse better. There is also a microderm ingredient that is stated on the bottle that aids in cleansing pores, clearing up skins, and reduces large pores. My face has never been so clear and smooth, I think... Probably EVER!! I hope I can find this product again! I totally recommend for anyone with the same issues, oily skin, blackheads, acne bumps, and/or large pores, to try this product out and literally in just a few days of daily use my face cleared up dramatically! Not to mention my face almost glows clean and feels good. I've gotten compliments on how my skin looks and that hasn't happened in a very long time as I am getting close to 40 years old!! Thank you, Neutrogena, and I hope this product is not discontinued as I believe its a GREAT PRODUCT!!
Lorena M.
La Habra, CA
I really love how you could use this in two different ways from a cleanser to a mask. It feels fantastic on the skin with a filling effect. Although this is my first time using it I will definitely buy again.
Sarah B.
Fort Wayne, IN
I've only just used it about an hour ago and I have a massive rash on my forehead😣 I did use it as a mask though, so I'm hoping just as a cleanser it won't be as bad. Don't use if you have sensitive skin!!!!
Hayden W.
If you are struggling with acne this is a great face wash. It was recommended to me by a dermatologist and it really helps me combat acne. You can purchase this product at any drug store, Target, or Walmart.
Aaliyah P.
This product is really good at getting into your pores for combination skin. Leaves your face feeling absolutely soft and clean. Blemishes are gone within the next day.#influensterawards #contest @Influenster
Ysabelle S.
Kapolei, HI
this product makes my skin really clean & fresh and helps to clear my acne overnight! this is amazing stuff and would highly recommend if you like the brand and if you want your acne to clear up!
Jodi H.
Grafton
This is a go to for face wash for me. The formula is great! I love the smell it's very fresh and clean to me. It does dry my pores up and the mask is great but I usually just use it for the wash.
Lynn M.
Rowlett, TX
This is by far one of my absolute favorite cleanser/mask products. I looooove the mask it does not dry out my face too much. It's a great price, I will be forever a repeat user of this product.
Priyanka P.
Suwanee, GA
Does this help reduce/eliminate blackheads?
Pamela B.