2 colors available

BY NEUTROGENA #49 in Face Masks

• Does this dry out your skin? 2 Answers
  • Hello!! What's your morning routine?? I start my day using Neutroge...1 Answers
  • I still have some acne because I have a very sensitive skin and I w...1 Answers
Desiree T.
Desiree T.
Antelope, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been using this product for years, as a cleanser and as a mask interchangeably. It is a magnificent product and it has done a fine job at keeping my skin clear. If your skin doesn't react well to salicylic acid, then try giving this one a go. This cleanser's active ingredient is benzoyl peroxide. Not only are my breakouts kept at bay, but it fades away any dark spots that would typically linger for weeks afterwards much quicker as well. This is such a versatile product for the price. I am 23 years old and my skin has never looked this good.
Sam L.
Sam L.
Morgantown, WV
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ive tried so many other cleansers and I always seem to come back to this one. I suffer from adult acne (didn't have any as a teen) and this helps keep it under wraps. I use it in the morning and at night and then as a mask once or twice a week. Gave it one less star because there is something in it that bleaches my clothes/towels that come in contact with it when I wash my face. When I dry my face off it leaves a bleach mark on the towel and of water runs down my arm it usually bleaches the cuff of my sweatshirt
Lizzie D.
Lizzie D.
Los Angeles , CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is the only product I use as a face-mask. It could either you be used as a daily cleanser or a facemask I personally prefer the facemask. I seem to break out a lot during the summer and this is my go to product. I've been using this product for about a year and a half. The product is very thick and you could feel it working in a matter of seconds. I always keep the mask no longer than 10 minutes and twice a week. It helps preventing pimples from coming out. The pimples that are there it helps them go away. It leaves my face clean and smooth.
Estefany N.
Estefany N.
Texas
Beauty Junkie Expert
I used this everyday throughout high school! It was great because of the dual way to use it. I used it to clean everyday but one my real oily days I would use it as a mask. It would leave me slightly dry and red on my cheeks after so I didn't use as a mask often. I still got some hormonal acne and felt it did a good job for everything else. As my skin has matured, I chose other skincare to replace this. I felt i wanted a deeper, gentler clean but this is great for oily skin and for surface issues!!
Isabel V.
Isabel V.
This mask's pretty intense, both in scent and impact.  It's definitely not for those with sensitive skin!  It smells like menthol, tingles pretty much the entire time it's on my face, and leaves me looking a little red once I've rinsed it off.  I prefer using this one as a spot-treatment as opposed to all-over mask because the fumes tend to make my eyes water, and it can feel a bit harsh on my dry patches.  I don't use this very often because it's on the harsh side, but it's pretty helpful when I'm trying to dry out a zit!  I also have small pores on my nose that trap dirt and are nearly impossible to clear out, but this mask manages to help with that.
Kimberly G.
Kimberly G.
Forest
Beauty Junkie Expert
After doing some research on face masks, I came across this miracle product. It possesses all of the things I've loved about Neutrogena's cleansing products with the option of a deep cleansing face mask. Every few nights after I shower I apply the product as a mask and let it sit for 5 minutes. There is no burning or discomfort. After I wash the mask off, my skin is SO soft and silky. I've also seen a noticeable difference in my amount of acne since using this product.
Devin D.
Devin D.
Ms State, MS
Beauty Junkie Expert
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!! I used it a few times as mostly a mask, but occasionally a cleanser. I liked it, a good clay mask. But one day I put it on as I normally would, and it tingled a little. I ignored it, because sometimes clay masks can tingle. I took it off the way I always do and my skin was as red as a fire truck! My entire face was irritated severly by this product. It was not expired either and all directions were followed I don't have sensitive skin either. I was red/pink for about 3 days afterwards. I will never use this again, and threw it away after this reaction. Be weary and test it on a patch of skin before applying!!
Natalie C.
Natalie C.
Pomona, NY
This Cleanser/Mask is okay. It does what it's supposed to and cleanse your face as a wash. Your face does feel minty fresh and free of all oils/dirt however, this cleanser is a bit harsh on the face. I would say this especially with the mask aspect of this cleanser. It burns your face a bit and leaves it red once you wash it off. I would not recommend to people with sensitive skin. Would only use this product as a cleanser and suggest you wash off right away.
Jacqueline R.
Jacqueline R.
Houston
Beauty Junkie Expert
I know several people said this burned their face, I did not have that issue. My face is accustomed to benzoyl peroxide, so that might be why. I find this to not cause any new break outs on my skin, which is a huge plus, and it helps clear up my existing acne. I believe the kaolin clay in it also helps absorb some of the oil, because it does help control shine. I leave it on ~1 minute, and use it twice a day, and it's really helped to clear up my skin.
Shomonique J.
Shomonique J.
Lake Butler , FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I absolutely love this product! I first and foremost like the fact that you can use it as a cleanser and as a mask. Anytime I get a pimple or break out of some kind I put this on that problem area and sleep with it over night. When I get up the next morning and wash it off, it's like the pimple magically disappeared or something. I purchase this every time I run out and will continue to do so because it's that good of a product.
Priyanka P.
Priyanka P.
Suwanee, GA
Does this help reduce/eliminate blackheads?
Pamela B.