• Does this dry out your skin? 2 Answers
  • Hello!! What's your morning routine?? I start my day using Neutro...1 Answers
  • I still have some acne because I have a very sensitive skin and I...1 Answers
Neutrogena® Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask
  • "My dermatologist recommended this to me, along with the scrub that is also Benzoyl Peroxide based, and the 2 together are perfect." in 9 reviews
  • "The daily cleanser from this Neutrogena product is amazing but as a mask it seemed to break out my face and my face turned bright red with a burning sensation to match it and I will never use it as a mask again." in 7 reviews
  • " am an older adult and I occasionally get breakouts I have found this works great and doesnt dry my skin out" in 6 reviews
Marci F.
I have sensitive skin, and this mask can irritate it because it has a tingly sensation, so I use this with care. I do keep coming back to it though because I really feel like it works well. If I am having a massive breakout or can tell one is coming I use this. Especially around hormonal times when I know a breakout is lurking. It makes my skin feel really clean. But I give it a 3 star rating because it is so strong and irritating and because it also will bleach any rags you use to wash your face with it. So use an old washcloth and rinse well and leave by the sink, don't throw with the rest of the towels until wash time (unless you have all white towels).
Angelica L.
I've been using this product since I was 22.  My step-sister introduced this to me.  I use to breakout constantly.  I had dry patches, scarring, and acne.  I never thought I would get rid of them.  I began using this product nights (only) and noticed a change!  I am 31 now and I cannot live without it.  My skin is extremely healthy, it glows, and I have yet to experience any issues all these years.  I do eat healthy, which I know goes a long way, but I do notice a difference in my skin when I go without using this product for long periods of time.  It has kept my skin golden for all these years.
Desiree T.
Antelope, CA
I've been using this product for years, as a cleanser and as a mask interchangeably. It is a magnificent product and it has done a fine job at keeping my skin clear. If your skin doesn't react well to salicylic acid, then try giving this one a go. This cleanser's active ingredient is benzoyl peroxide. Not only are my breakouts kept at bay, but it fades away any dark spots that would typically linger for weeks afterwards much quicker as well. This is such a versatile product for the price. I am 23 years old and my skin has never looked this good.
Devin D.
Ms State, MS
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!! I used it a few times as mostly a mask, but occasionally a cleanser. I liked it, a good clay mask. But one day I put it on as I normally would, and it tingled a little. I ignored it, because sometimes clay masks can tingle. I took it off the way I always do and my skin was as red as a fire truck! My entire face was irritated severly by this product. It was not expired either and all directions were followed I don't have sensitive skin either. I was red/pink for about 3 days afterwards. I will never use this again, and threw it away after this reaction. Be weary and test it on a patch of skin before applying!!
Jasmine E.
Raleigh, NC
I love this! I use it as a daily cleanser or 3 times a week as a mask to clear out any gunk on my face! I like to use it as a mask best. 3 times a week I would wash my face then after its clean and patted dry *not completely dry but dry enough, I put this on and leave it for 5 mins as instructed. You will feel tingling and it says on the bottle that it's "penetrating down to the pores to clear it out", which sounds pretty convincing anyways and feels that way. After the tingling cooling sensation your skin will feel back to normal and that's when I wash it off! My face feels squeaky clean, but it is a bit drying so I recommend using a good moisturizer afterward !
Emily T.
I love this cleanser/mask. I use it as the intense mask and I apply and let dry for a good 20 minutes. It has a burn to it but a good burn and you can feel it working and doing wonders on your skin.

I've been using this for 2 weeks now and my skin is so clear. I've been getting compliments from my family asking, "your skin is so beautiful and how did you do it" and all I do is use it 4 times a week. I would definitely recommend getting this if you have acne!
Liz S.
Katy, TX
I wanted a cleanser for my face being that I put my face through so much with all the makeup I wear. I purchased it during my grocery run and I went to the cosmetic aisle and after reading the benefits or what would happen to my skin using this product, I decided to purchase it. I used it a couple of times and I really didn't notice or see any changes to my face. I don't have clogged pores and maybe that's the reason I didn't see significant changes to my face.

I won't repurchase this product. It wasn't costly or anything like that I just don't think it did anything to my face.
Milan C.
Las Vegas, NV
This is a little harsh on the skin so I don't use it every week, as a cleanser or mask. But I do really like the effects of it. This has a very cooling feeling so my pores feel open. When it begins to dry and tighten I can literally feel all the dirt and oils coming out. I use this maybe every two weeks if I haven't done a mask or as a wash if I don't really want to feel the whole process. Either way I get the same great results, it is a little drying though.
Honestly I love the fact that you can use it as a mask that drys or just a regular face wash. I more times use it as a mask just because I really like how my skin feels after. I have it 4 stars only because I don't see that much a difference when it comes to getting rid of my really tiny black heads. But for the most part it leaves my skin feeling so clean and smooth and refreshed and gets rid of most of the noticeable dirt on my face ! Recommend!!
Addye S.
This product is easy to use and effective. I have been using it (or Neutrogena's very similar products) for a few years, and regularly recommend it to friends. As a mask, it is not excessively drying while working well to remove excess oil and residue on skin. I do not regularly use it exclusively as a cleanser (I let it dry a few minutes before showering), but assume it would be similarly effective. It is also affordable relative to many skin-care products. I have used much more expensive products of a similar nature, and find this to be equally effective.
Priyanka P.
Suwanee, GA
Does this help reduce/eliminate blackheads?
Pamela B.