BY NEUTROGENA

• Does this dry out your skin? 2 Answers
  • Hello!! What's your morning routine?? I start my day using Neutro...1 Answers
  • I still have some acne because I have a very sensitive skin and I...1 Answers
Neutrogena® Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask
  • "My dermatologist recommended this to me, along with the scrub that is also Benzoyl Peroxide based, and the 2 together are perfect." in 9 reviews
  • "The daily cleanser from this Neutrogena product is amazing but as a mask it seemed to break out my face and my face turned bright red with a burning sensation to match it and I will never use it as a mask again." in 7 reviews
  • " am an older adult and I occasionally get breakouts I have found this works great and doesnt dry my skin out" in 6 reviews
April L.
Tarpon Spgs, FL
I used this a couple years back to help clear up my skin. The cleanser was really great for my sensitive skin, but the mask was my favorite! HOWEVER, I think the product expired or something because when I found it again when moving out of my parents after a couple years of it just sitting on my bathroom counter, I used the mask and within minutes of it being on my face, my face was on FIRE. Not even just a soft tingling, like a full on burning sensation. I washed it off as soon as I couldn’t take it anymore (3 minutes in), and where the mask was, it left my skin RED. It looked like I had a red face mask on!! It was definitely painful. The product never did that to me before however.
Alisha B.
It's really a great product. However, there are a few things some should know before buying. This product has a cooling effect. Some mistake it for burning. Benzoyl Peroxide is an acne treatment, it gets in the nitty gritty areas of your face to really clean those pores out. I typically use this at night. So, after I've taken off all of my makeup, I'll wet my face with a warm, wet cloth to open my pores a little. Then I add a thin layer to all of my problem areas and I leave it on for no longer than 5 minutes. This product is very drying, so you have to be careful about how long it's left on. It greatly diminishes my acne and excess oil. I started this product with some crazy acne, and I'm almost out of product and my skin has improved greatly. It's great for every other day use. It's a great price, the smell doesn't bother me.
Liahna R.
Orem
This stuff is fantastic. I started using it around 10 years ago. When it touches your skin, this make gives off a cool minty feeling. I like to make it more intense by sitting or standing in front of a fan. This product bleaches everything it touches, so I'm always careful that I only use white cloth when touching this product with anything other than my skin. I also noticed if you use it past expiration it burns your skin, so be careful about that. Other than those two things I've been very satisfied by this cleanser / mask. It makes my skin feel smooth and tight. I most definitely saw a reduction in breakouts in my case. I've never had a lot of breakouts, but it helped reduce what I have had in the past. This is a very strong product, so pay close attention to how your skin reacts to it. This isn't for everyone and some people with very sensitive skin might not like it. I have sensitive skin, so I'm careful about how much I use it. If I use it too often it irritates my skin. This is definitely not a daily treatment, but it is a great product.
Briana S.
I’m not sure if I got a bad batch when I first bought this but this product makes my face break out in hives. It’s suppose to give you a “cooling” sensation as it hardens but for me it was pure burning. Granted, my face felt cleaner after using this, but it’s not worth breaking out in hives almost everyday or every other day. I called the company and all they could do is basically tell me to not use the product. It is what it is. If you have sensitive skin, this is not the product you want to use.
Hannah W.
I just used this product as a face mask for the first time today and I would NOT recommend if you have sensitive skin. I followed the instructions for the face mask and when I rinsed my face with water and cleared the mask off of my face I was very red like I had a bad sunburn all over my face and it burned. I'm currently holding a wet cold cloth to my face to try and reduce the redness. I have sensitive skin so if you do also I would not recommend this product to you.
Kianna L.
Lincoln Univ, PA
I Personally did not enjoy this product. I have very sensitive skin and when used it burned my skin, not cool but burned. It made my face really red and left a hot feeling. I preferred to do the intensive mask for 5 minutes as the designated time and it really left my face dry and unhealthy. This product is more so for people who don't mind alcohol based products and can handle the burning sensation.
lynette m.
I know this is a drugstore brand, but it’s been one of my staple items, since I was a teen. I find that out of all of the acne items I’ve tried that it works best. I typically buy it at Walmart (ugh, but it’s cheapest there). I have sensitive skin and it leaves me a bit dry, but it keeps me clear. I’d recommend using it every other day and it’s a perfect night time spot treatment.
Michelle M.
On reason why i love this product is that you can use this product as a cleanser or deep cleaning mask.
Since I have sensitive skin I'll use it once in a while to wash if my skin is actively breaking out or I'll use as a mask for 20-30 mins.
You can also spot treat which I did tonight!
If your skin is looking good but one or 2 appear in the center of everything.
Along with my st daily ives I will never have this Neutrogena product at home because it definitely helps depending on what kind of acne. Sometimes I notice difference right after with redness swelling going down or in one1-4 days consistent  use acne is gone.
ϻɛɠ ∞.
Mcdonough, GA
Great product and great price. I use as a mask when I am in the shower, putting it on when I get and and washing it off right before I get out. I have not had any problems with dryness with this product unless I use it in conjunction with the Neutrogena Spot Treatment. My skin feels and looks very clear!
Mo C.
Great as a cleanser - very refreshing and helps you wake up in the morning with a minty cooling sensation. However, as a face mask, this completely destroyed my skin and irritated it. My skin was super red and the redness didn’t go away for a few days every time I tried to use it as a face mask.
Priyanka P.
Suwanee, GA
Does this help reduce/eliminate blackheads?
Pamela B.