Neutrogena® Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask

BY NEUTROGENA

Our dermatologist-tested formula features the acne-fighting power of Benzoyl Peroxide, which kills bacteria and treats existing breakouts. This breakthrough acne-fighting formula can be used two ways—as a daily face cleanser or a face mask.

Whether you use it as a daily facial cleanser to kill bacteria or as an intensive mask for deep cleansing and extra shine control, you’ll feel the cooling intensity build as it penetrates into the pores. Plus, it rinses clean so your skin is left feeling smooth.

• 3.5% Benzoyl Peroxide
  • Kills breakout causing bacteria

How To Use:

• To use as a cleanser: Wet face. Squeeze into hands and gently massage all over the face, avoiding the eye area. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
  • To use as a mask: Do not exceed 2 to 3 times per week. Squeeze into hands. Smooth an even layer over skin, avoiding the eye area. Allow to dry up to ¬5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
  • If going outside, apply sunscreen after using this product. If irritation or sensitivity develops, stop use of both products and ask a doctor.

• Does this dry out your skin? 2 Answers
  • Hello!! What's your morning routine?? I start my day usin...1 Answers
  • I still have some acne because I have a very sensitive sk...1 Answers
Neutrogena®  Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask
Neutrogena® Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask
Alisha B.
It's really a great product. However, there are a few things some should know before buying. This product has a cooling effect. Some mistake it for burning. Benzoyl Peroxide is an acne treatment, it gets in the nitty gritty areas of your face to really clean those pores out. I typically use this at night. So, after I've taken off all of my makeup, I'll wet my face with a warm, wet cloth to open my pores a little. Then I add a thin layer to all of my problem areas and I leave it on for no longer than 5 minutes. This product is very drying, so you have to be careful about how long it's left on. It greatly diminishes my acne and excess oil. I started this product with some crazy acne, and I'm almost out of product and my skin has improved greatly. It's great for every other day use. It's a great price, the smell doesn't bother me.
Godwin V.
Altadnea
I use this product everyday and I love it. I use this mostly at night as it does contain 3.5 Benzoyl Peroxide and can increase sensitivity to the sun as it leaves the acne medication working after washed off. Feels very cool and fresh when applied to the skin and tingles as it gets deep inside your pores. I’ve found that the mask feature with this product is best used after first exfoliating the skin. I recommend using at night or if you’re tolerable to Benzoyl Peroxide you can use morning and night, remember to wear sunscreen if used in the morning.
Lisandra T.
Tucson, AZ
This has been a product, I can’t stop repurchasing! It is so good! It’s a super effective product! I love how you can either use it as cleanser or if your feeling in the mood use it as a mask as well! I have super sensitive skin and I have no problems with his product! It also has a very nice fragrance which is bearable to smell while masking it up! I love love love this! I recommend to everyone! Neutrogena® Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask
Marggie H.
Dallas, TX
Been using this since college. Potent benzoyl peroxide kills acne causing bacteria and helps with my inflamed cystic acne whenever it decides to show up, usually during my period. It is so strong it can even stain your clothes. It’s versatile as you can use it as a daily wash or a mask. Since my break outs are usually around my chin and forehead, this is where I apply it as a mask and spare my already dry cheeks. Holy grail acne mask right here.
Hannah W.
ephrata
I just used this product as a face mask for the first time today and I would NOT recommend if you have sensitive skin. I followed the instructions for the face mask and when I rinsed my face with water and cleared the mask off of my face I was very red like I had a bad sunburn all over my face and it burned. I'm currently holding a wet cold cloth to my face to try and reduce the redness. I have sensitive skin so if you do also I would not recommend this product to you.
Kengie A.
Monmouth Bch, NJ
A friend recommended this product to me because I was having sudden breakouts on my cheeks. I used this as a spot treatment and a cleanser for a few weeks and it really made my breakouts disappear. However, I used it recently in the shower and must have left it on a minute too long because when I got out my face was bright red and tingly and it didn’t go away for over an hour. I do not recommend for sensitive skin!
Kaia L.
Vacaville
I love Neutrogena! This product can be used as a cleanser and a mask! It leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh. It’s not harsh at all. It cleared my breakouts in a matter of a few days! The mask has a cooling sensation and a little really goes a long way!Neutrogena® Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask
Karla V.
So when I tell you this is one of THE BEST face washes to use, I am being honest! I really love this mask/cleanser. When I use it as a mask I love the cooling sensation it brings to my face. Even when using it as a cleanser it brings the same sensation just not as harsh. It helps with my pores around my nose. I currently have to bottles of this and I really recommend it to any one who enjoys the cooling sensation! 11/10
Aimee B.
Love this stuff for when I’m breaking out I always make sure I have it around. It has 3.5% BP so if you have dry skin, I wouldn’t use it every day. I used it as a spot treatment last night on a few pimples and they were 50 percent smaller when I woke up. I prefer using it as a scrub but you can also use it as a quick face mask.
Ruby Z.
Dallas, TX
If you're in need of a quick, affordable solution to any kind of breakout, I would definitely recommend giving this mask a try. I don't have acne-prone skin, but when I do experience breakouts, this mask is one of my go-to solutions. I have found this to be far more effective than most acne spot treatments when it comes to minimizing and eliminating breakouts, and have seen it take down a potential cystic breakout to half the size overnight. That said, this doesn't work miracles 100% of the time, but honestly, what does? At this price point, it's a stellar product.
Priyanka P.
Suwanee, GA
Does this help reduce/eliminate blackheads?
Pamela B.