BY NEUTROGENA

• Does this dry out your skin? 2 Answers
  • Hello!! What's your morning routine?? I start my day usin...1 Answers
  • I still have some acne because I have a very sensitive sk...1 Answers
Neutrogena® Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask
  • "I've been using this mask occasionally in the shower as a cleanser for the past few months. It does help you skin feel clean and fresh but be careful if you have sensitive skin. I've gotten rashes from using this as a mask when i left it on for a few minutes. It may be because i am allergic to benzoyl peroxide but it seems to work fine when i use it as a cleanser every few days. " in 92 reviews
  • "My dermatologist recommended this to me, along with the scrub that is also Benzoyl Peroxide based, and the 2 together are perfect." in 9 reviews
  • "The daily cleanser from this Neutrogena product is amazing but as a mask it seemed to break out my face and my face turned bright red with a burning sensation to match it and I will never use it as a mask again." in 7 reviews
Lorelei C.
Palm Coast, FL
This is by far my favorite breakout fighting mask/cleanser! About once a week I try to use it as a mask instead of using my normal facial cleanser to keep breakouts at bay. It doesn’t dry me out totally and gets rid of pimples quick! It’s not too expensive and I happened to find this on clearance myself so I paid even less! The active ingredient is benzoyl peroxide, which has always worked for my skin care needs. Benzoyl peroxide doesn’t work well for everyone, but if it does or you’ve never tried it I DEFINITELY recommend this product!
Alisha B.
It's really a great product. However, there are a few things some should know before buying. This product has a cooling effect. Some mistake it for burning. Benzoyl Peroxide is an acne treatment, it gets in the nitty gritty areas of your face to really clean those pores out. I typically use this at night. So, after I've taken off all of my makeup, I'll wet my face with a warm, wet cloth to open my pores a little. Then I add a thin layer to all of my problem areas and I leave it on for no longer than 5 minutes. This product is very drying, so you have to be careful about how long it's left on. It greatly diminishes my acne and excess oil. I started this product with some crazy acne, and I'm almost out of product and my skin has improved greatly. It's great for every other day use. It's a great price, the smell doesn't bother me.
Marg H.
Dallas, TX
Been using this since college. Potent benzoyl peroxide kills acne causing bacteria and helps with my inflamed cystic acne whenever it decides to show up, usually during my period. It is so strong it can even stain your clothes. It’s versatile as you can use it as a daily wash or a mask. Since my break outs are usually around my chin and forehead, this is where I apply it as a mask and spare my already dry cheeks. Holy grail acne mask right here.
Helen S.
The Absolute Best product I have found. I have tried almost everything and found myself going back to the original Neutrogena face wash. Whether you want a detoxifying mask or your normal facial cleanse this is everything in one bottle. This product doesn't over dry your skin at all. I simply wash off and spray with hazel as my toner. It gives the PERFECT balance. This way I can go expensive on my eye creams. Highly Recommended!!
Hannah W.
I just used this product as a face mask for the first time today and I would NOT recommend if you have sensitive skin. I followed the instructions for the face mask and when I rinsed my face with water and cleared the mask off of my face I was very red like I had a bad sunburn all over my face and it burned. I'm currently holding a wet cold cloth to my face to try and reduce the redness. I have sensitive skin so if you do also I would not recommend this product to you.
Kengie A.
Monmouth Bch, NJ
A friend recommended this product to me because I was having sudden breakouts on my cheeks. I used this as a spot treatment and a cleanser for a few weeks and it really made my breakouts disappear. However, I used it recently in the shower and must have left it on a minute too long because when I got out my face was bright red and tingly and it didn’t go away for over an hour. I do not recommend for sensitive skin!
liz q.
Johnston, RI
I use this product in my morning skincare routine and in the shower. It is super effective in clearing pimples and works for the chest and back. It has a cooling effect that leaves my skin feeling clean and tingly. On an average day I use it as a cleanser but I also use it as a mask when my skin needs some extra help. I've also found that it works as an overnight spot treatment.
Bailey S.
Schenectady, NY
Dermatologist recommended this to me as a daily morning face wash. It definitely helped clear my pores and help with my cystic acne. I also really liked using it as a mask but it was a little frustrating because it did not dry.
The one thing I will say about this product is its a little drying so always protect your face with moisturizer and scarves during super windy cold months.
Karla V.
So when I tell you this is one of THE BEST face washes to use, I am being honest! I really love this mask/cleanser. When I use it as a mask I love the cooling sensation it brings to my face. Even when using it as a cleanser it brings the same sensation just not as harsh. It helps with my pores around my nose. I currently have to bottles of this and I really recommend it to any one who enjoys the cooling sensation! 11/10
Aimee B.
Love this stuff for when I’m breaking out I always make sure I have it around. It has 3.5% BP so if you have dry skin, I wouldn’t use it every day. I used it as a spot treatment last night on a few pimples and they were 50 percent smaller when I woke up. I prefer using it as a scrub but you can also use it as a quick face mask.
Priyanka P.
Suwanee, GA
Does this help reduce/eliminate blackheads?
Pamela B.