2 colors available

BY NEUTROGENA #49 in Face Masks

• Does this dry out your skin? 2 Answers
  • Hello!! What's your morning routine?? I start my day using Neutroge...1 Answers
  • I still have some acne because I have a very sensitive skin and I w...1 Answers
Charnita F.
Charnita F.
Dothan, AL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is the best benzoyl peroxide cleanser I've found (and I've tried a lot). The fact that you can use it as a mask is a nice added bonus. I've tried a lot of different acne-fighting ingredients and my skin responds best to benzoyl peroxide. So, I've been using this on/off for 5 years or so.

I first discovered it on Amazon but now I just buy it from Walmart. I found that this is very gentle on my skin and doesn't tingle or irritate my skin. It does a great job of deep cleaning my pores and minimizing breakouts.

Since I have extremely oily skin, I like to use it as a mask 3-4 times a week. It rinses off very easily and is great for use in the shower too (leave on while lathering, shaving, etc., then rinse off before getting out). It leaves my skin feeling really smooth and then I follow up with an oil-free moisturizer.

I see that now more companies are trying to do the cleanser/mask thing and I've tried a couple of them, however, Neutrogena does it best! I always come back to this one. It also works great as an overnight spot treatment! It reduces the sizes of pimples and makes them less noticeable.
Amy K.
Amy K.
Bellingham, WA
I heard about this cleanser a while ago on YouTube through Joey Graceffa and Ingrid Nielsen and decided to try it out. My skin is oily and acne prone. When I got this my skin was very very bad, I had the big, painful, puffy pimples. It would hurt to even sleep on my side because my face would touch the pillow. However, this really helped out my skin. It cleared my breakouts and kept them away. Most people prefer salicylic acid but I found that the benzoyl peroxide works best with my skin. This doesn't have a crazy amount that it dries out your skin but it has enough to get rid of breakouts. I've used many MANY cleansers, and I have to say that this is my all time favorite. I love the Origins GinZing scrub and the Philosophy Purity cleanser, but this tops all of them cleansers I've tried. It works amazingly as a cleanser and a mask. It's quite inexpensive and I will continue to repurchase it.
Alia H.
Alia H.
The Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleansing Mask, in my opinion, is a very solid product. It can be used as both a cleanser and a mask, and is excellent in both aspects. As a cleanser, it's gentle and you feel as though your skin is truly being cleansed; it has bentonite clay, which is excellent at drawing out impurities and also benzoyl peroxide, which is great at treating mild to moderate acne. I did feel that it could be a bit drying on the skin as a cleanser, but my solution to that was to simply use a small amount instead of a large dollop and that seemed to work fine. As a mask it's also very good, and gives a cooling feeling. I want to highlight it's potential as a spot treatment though; that's the area where I thought it shone the most. It's excellent at drying out pimples that have come to a head. An excellent product overall, I highly recommend it.
BEV P.
BEV P.
I have been using the CLEAR PORE MASK FOR YEARS WHAT I LIKE MOST ABOUT It Is it does more than one thing not only does it cleanse deep inside your pores it also tightens your pores making them smaller it also draws out the oil that clogs pores,
Then it's not only a cleanser with a great lather leaving my skin feeling fresh & clean without over drying It can be used as an all over acne mask that You can feel it removing dirt & oil from the day it takes all my make up off even waterproof mascara without tearing out my lashes Neutrogena Clear pore cleanser & mask also works as a spot treatment relieving irritated pores reduces swelling & redness from pimples blackheads & white heads just dab a little on the irritated area and wash off during your morning routine
Lauren B.
Lauren B.
I just bought this for the first time because my roommate has been using it for the 3 years (maybe more) I've known her and she has the best skin ever.

It was around $7 but I can tell it is worth the money. My roommate has had the same tube for like 2 years and uses it every night. I used it for the first time tonight and I used WAY too much.
Keep in mind it doubles as a cleanser and mask so if you're using it as a cleanser, you need like a dime sized amount and it covers the face no problem.

The smell isn't very overpowering and I honestly didn't even notice a smell.

It is super drying to my skin so I need to be sure to def moisturize every time I use it.

I have more than enough proof in my life that this works so I recommend it!
Bre J.
Bre J.
Ft Walton Bch, FL
This is the holy grail of all face washes so far for me. I naturally have dry and sensitive skin and have never really get blemishes unless it's that time of the month. I've tried all types of different cleansers until I started to use St. Ives which helped with my dry sensitive skin. But recently St. Ives has been drying out my skin more than usual so I decided to try something new. Thus brings me to this wonderful product by Neutrogena which is the Clear Pore Cleanser/ Mask. The first time I used this was as a mask and it definitely opened my pores. It doesn't leave my skin dry and my face actually feels smooth, although it's still sensitive this cleanser works 10 times better than the cleansers I've used before!
Kasey M.
Kasey M.
Bristol, CT
This cleanser/mask was recommended to me by my dermatologist. I usually try to stay away from products with menthol (because it serves no purpose other than to make your skin feel tingly and it can cause irritation), but I figured I'd give it a shot because I liked that it had benzoyl peroxide. At first, I tried using it every day but it was wayyyy too drying. Now, I only use it 3x a week and I use my other cleanser on the remaining days. I find that it really does keep my acne at bay! I also really like it as a spot treatment for pimples. I put it on a pimple right before I go to sleep and when I wake up, the redness is usually gone and the swelling is reduced. I would recommend this to those with acne.
Amber B.
Amber B.
San Antonio , Texas
I absolutely love this product. I have extremely sensitive skin it turns red on the drop of a dime I have a very hard time finding a cleanser for my face because I am very acne-prone because of how oily my skin is. So when I go into the stores when looking up face washes I spend so much time looking at them, and picking them up and actually reading the back of them because I don't want to spend $10+, to buy this product it's not going to work and that's going to hurt me. some Neutrogena Products Dry my skin out so bad some of them don't do anything but this one is excellent first use I could already feel and see a change in my skin.
Melissa M.
Melissa M.
Personally, I love this cleanser. It's worked well for me for many years now. I have combination skin. I think some people may be having issues because they didn't read the instructions. I only use it about three times a week while in the shower. I first use an Olay Daily Facial Cloth to clean off any makeup, I rinse that, then I apply this cleansing mask. I've never left it on for more than one minute and I rinse off. My face is clean and clear. It lasts quite a while so I think the $6-7 price tag is worth it. I usually buy it at Ulta or Target.
Sarah P.
Sarah P.
Fresno, CA
I barely bought this about a few weeks ago and wasn't planning to buy any at the time I was shopping. I'm glad I came across this product especially since I usually do my research. I was mainly focusing on how this product has benzoyl peroxide which I strongly feel will work on my skin since benzoyl peroxide always worked well with my acne. I love how not only is it just a cleanser but also a mask. So far , I love it and would repurchase in the future. Glad I made the decision to get it, helps my skin feel refreshed and clean my pores!
Priyanka P.
Priyanka P.
Suwanee, GA
Does this help reduce/eliminate blackheads?
Pamela B.