BY NEUTROGENA #31 in Sunscreen

Won't cause break-outs: ultra-light, oil-free, waterproof. Clinically tested on acne prone skin. Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores); waterproof, sweatproof; fragrance free; paba free.

Neutrogena Clear Face Sunblock provides break-out free sun protection - superior protection from the sun while helping keep skin clear of sunscreen break-outs. Formulated with helioplex, it provides superior broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection. Perfect for face and body, this liquid- lotion has a water-light texture that leaves a weightless, matte finish so skin can breathe.

• I am looking for a new sunblock for my face. My last one leaves a h...7 Answers
  • Being a red head I apply sunscreen to my body and face quite often!...5 Answers
  • Does this actually work?4 Answers
Jina S.
Jina S.
San Jose, CA
This product works amazingly well if you are just using it on your bare face. Unfortunately, when using this product under or over your makeup it might cause the product to flake off or leave uneven streaks in your makeup. A solution to this however is to pat the sunblock on so that it does not leave any streaks. Overall, this product worked well in keeping my face protected from the sun. I never got sunburned on my face and it prevented me from having any new wrinkles from the time that I was using this in my first year of college. I am not sure how well it did with keeping my acne at bay, however I can say that I did continue to have the usual breakouts here and there.
Emony H.
Emony H.
Waldorf, MD
So good! Really helps unclogging my pores and bringing to the surface the deep cystic (hormonal) acne that I tend to suffer from. It brings the gunk up and once it comes to a head (within a day or two I notice the bacteria/pus coming up) I'll tend to them with a benzoyl peroxide spot treatment to penetrate the pore and kill the bacteria. Picking is the absolute worst thing you can do for cystic acne so it's a great product to add to my regime whenever I get any of those flares ups. I also suffer from sebaceous filaments and it loosens up those suckers too. Def recommend to anyone with oily skin and any kind of acne
Karine B.
Karine B.
Glendale, CA
This is an excellent sunscreen for makeup-free days in the sun. The best thing about it is the liquid-ey consistency. I hate how creamy face sunscreens can be because they always break me out, but for the cost, this wears wonderfully. Even my boyfriend, who is super sensitive to sunscreen (breaks out, hates the texture/smell) prefers this one.

The one drawback is that isn't great to pile with foundation. In my experience (I have pale, dry/combination skin) the makeup gets patchy and melts off quicker. I don't use this as my every day sunscreen, but for beach days it's perfect.
Alexia M.
Alexia M.
Okemos, MI
This is always in my bag, summer or winter, because it's just that good. Struggling with adult acne is just the worst, especially while trying to protect against sun damage and wrinkles. But Clear Face does exactly what it says. Keeps your face clear from break-outs while protecting you from the sun's harmful rays. It really leaves a nice matte feel to your skin that works perfectly under makeup or alone while hanging at the beach or pool. My skin has been less prone to break-outs, fine lines and sunspots since using this product.
Alexandra P.
Alexandra P.
Chapel Hill, NC
While it feels like this sunscreen gets its job done, I've switched to Asian brands of face sunscreen and am much happier. This sunscreen feels a lot heavier and greasier in comparison, and my face has an odd smell and feels sticky throughout the day. For my combination/oily skin, that's a pretty unpleasant feeling and has discouraged me from applying daily sunscreen. It might work better on other skin types but for me, it was worth taking the time to find other brands that specialize in light facial sunscreens.
Jennifer J.
Jennifer J.
Fountain, CO
Great Outdoors Expert
I hike in the mountains of Colorado, non-stop, throughout the year. I need sunscreen constantly. I have very sensitive skin (and pale) skin and found it extremely hard to find something that did not irritate my skin or cause me to break-out in a rash or acne. I finally found my salvation with this sunscreen! It is gentle on my face, covers it against the sun very well, and I will forever and only buy this sunscreen from now. I highly recommend to anybody in my similair shoes.
Graciela R.
Graciela R.
I love this Liquid sunscreen! It's super light weight, moisturizing without being oily, and sits well under makeup. It initially stung my skin because after third use, the stinging went away. I don't know what caused it but it did not cause any redness or breakouts. This provides great protection and is very affordable as far as liquid sunscreens go! I would highly recommend if you're looking for a more lightweight sunscreen.
Emily L.
Emily L.
Mckinney, TX
I have struggled with oily skin and breakouts my entire life, so I was always hesitant to use sunscreen on my face. I discovered Neutrogena Clear Face and thankfully gave it a try! I can use this without concern for breakouts, doesn't leave an oily feeling, and washes off easily. Just be sure to keep it out of your eyes. It doesn't burn any worse than other sunscreens, but does still sting a bit if it gets in your eyes!
LeAnne F.
LeAnne F.
Atwater, CA
This is been a new find for myself. Does a woman and her thirties that still battles with acne. I have found this to be tremendously helpful. Normally I know during the whole summer do to my sunscreen yes I will have nothing but break up but I been lucky this summer not to have one and I am blaming that on finding this clear face Neutrogena sunscreen. From now on this is the only sunscreen I will be putting on my face.
Mara W.
Mara W.
Blacklick, OH
This product held up really well during a 3 day music festival in May. I didn't sweat it off, and it only left my face feeling greasy a few minutes post application but it set and felt normal and not heavy. I didn't not see any adverse affects after using it on my acne prone skin. I also like to mix it with my liquid foundation, but find it a bit more expensive than I would like. You do get what you pay for.
Rebecca J.
Rebecca J.
Hillsboro, OR
Did anyone break out after using this?
Haley B.
Haley B.
Zanesville, OH
Jana B.
Jana B.
Canyon Cntry, CA
Does this sunblock work well under make up?
Wendy H.
Wendy H.
Is this a good choice for someone with really sensitive skin?
Andrea M.
Andrea M.
I am looking for a new sunblock for my face. My last one leaves a heavy oily feeling. Does this sunblock obsorb well enough to wear under makeup?