Neutrogena® Clear Face Break-Out Free Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 55

BY NEUTROGENA #55 in Facial Sunscreen

Buy now on ULTA
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

Benefits

• Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
  • Fragrance free
  • Water resistant (80 minutes)
  • Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB
  • Oil-free

HOW TO USE

• Apply generously and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure
  • Reapply:
    • After 80 minutes of swimming or sweating
    • Immediately after towel drying
    • At least every 2 hours
    • Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
    • Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses
    • Children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor

Drug Facts

Active ingredients

Avobenzone 2.7%, Homosalate 4%, Octisalate 4.5%, Octocrylene 6%, Oxybenzone 4.5%

Purpose

Sunscreen

Uses
helps prevent sunburn

Warnings: For external use only.
Do not use on damaged or broken skin
When using this product keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove.
Stop use and ask a doctor if rash occurs

Directions:
apply generously and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure
reapply:
after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating
immediately after towel drying
at least every 2 hours
Sun Protection Measures: Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a Broad Spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including:
limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses
children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor
After use, twist stick down prior to capping to ensure complete closure.

Other information protect this product from excessive heat and direct sun may stain some fabrics

Inactive ingredients

• Does this sunscreen leave your skin feeling greasy?2 Answers
  • I am in search of a good sunscreen, that really protects ...1 Answers
  • Does this leave your skin feeling greasy or does it absor...1 Answers
  • "This is the only sunscreen I trust putting on my sensitive face and I am constantly outdoors. I love how light it feels on my skin and how easy it is to apply on my skin. I would recommend this product to anyone. " in 185 reviews
Latisha S.
Wayne, WV
I always trust Neutrogena for their products. They have a good reputation for their products being safe for acne-prone and/or sensitive skin because they are dermatologist tested. I like this particular sunscreen because of its non-greasy feel. Most of the time when I use other sunblocks, I feel like I'm basted and ready for a frying pan because they are so oily. This non-oily formula really is dry touch and is especially advantageous when you're at the beach so the sand that blows your way doesn't stick to sunblock applied skin. This product also comes in a variety of SPF levels, depending on how long you want to stay in the sun for without reapplying. My only problem with this dry touch sunblock is that is is a little difficult to apply because of that same quality that makes it good. When one is trying to rub it into their skin, it takes more than a little effort because it doesn't spread very well. But it sure beats the alternative easy application sprays which could miss a few spots because the wind would blow it elsewhere. At least with these lotions you know you won't miss a spot and it will give you the sun protection that you need. All in all, I will continue to use this product and would recommend it to others for their sunblock needs
Sierra M.
I tried out this product because I was constantly breaking out from other sunscreens and this helps a lot. I apply this on my face, chest and back (where I normally break out from other sunscreens). I haven’t had any acne from this product and it manages to keep my skin clear. Be careful with the product around your eyes, because it will burn. Other than the burning around the eyes, this is a great product for acne prone skin. I highly recommend.
Amanda P.
Apple Valley
This sunblock has been the only one I’ve been able to find that doesn’t break me out! It’s non greasy so as soon as it soaks in, it feels like there’s nothing on. It’s super easy to mix with foundation so I have that extra coverage! It’s super cheap at Walmart so I usually stock up. I’ve recommended to multiple family members who suffer from acne like I do. Neutrogena® Clear Face Break-Out Free Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Genevieve T.
San Diego, CA
My family almost exclusively uses Neutrogena sunblock. I think this particular one is my favorite for two reasons. One, the formula isn’t oily so it doesn’t leave as much of that sunblock residue when I apply it to my face. second, this product saved my skin when I was lifeguarding. The chlorine was really drying out my skin but reapplying this like lotion helped the flakiness stop! I definitely recommend this product (:
Allie B.
Gibsonia
I’ve tried several face sunscreens and this is a great one. It goes on so easily and smooth, and it seems to last for a good while. One thing that I don’t like is how my face sometimes stings a little after application. Also, this product doesn’t have any moisturizer in it, so if you have dry skin like me, you will probably need to apply it under this sunscreen. Great product for the price overall.
Kayla N.
Rock Hill
I love this sunscreen! It is my favorite drugstore facial sunscreen because it is non-greasy and absorbs quickly and easily. It doesn't seem to clog my pores, and I haven't experienced any breakouts since I began using it. It doesn't have a particularly nice smell. It smells like sunscreen, which is expected. It's as close to a high-end facial sunscreen as you're going to get from a drug store.
Nikitha M.
I'm a tough critic I use one cleanser, my rosewater and this. Its the best drug store sunscreen. Its very cheap and this sunscreen tube lasts me around 5 months and apply it twice a day everyday rain or shine. Its a little milky but i like it like that because it absorbs very well without leaving a white cast on my dark skin no sunscreen i have used ever does that, so thank you. Great and cheap
Micky L.
Irvine, CA
This sunscreen is awesome to use when you know you're going to be outdoors for a long time. The consistency of it is very much like any other sunscreen lotion. I wouldn't wear this under foundation, but I only use this when I'm going makeup-less. Although I can feel it on my skin after applying, I love that it doesn't clog my pores. It lives up to it's name of Break-Out Free.
kaila w.
Glendale, AZ
I bought this sunscreen because I was going on a drug called Accutane, which makes your skin very sensitive and dry. This sunscreen works wonders on me! I can go outside all day and be in the hot sun and it does not sweat off, and I do not get burnt. It is a bit oily to the touch at first, but dries into your skin completely. It also does not smell awful, which I appreciate very much.
Corisa K.
New York
Having combination-sensitive-acne prone skin makes it hard to find products that won't irritate my skin and cause breakouts. The reason I'm giving this 4 stars is because when using this sunscreen, it would dry my skin often and make it feel tight. So I would always have to follow up with a moisturizer. Depending on the mositurizer and how it interacted with the layer of SPF, there were times where I did get an occasional white head
Steffanie S.
Toronto, ON
How does this one do under makeup?
Lisbeth G.
Is good for oily skin?
Ariana C.
Does this sunscreen leave your skin feeling greasy?
Natalia D.
Burlington, NJ
Does it burn somebody's else skin or just mine? It goes away but for 5min really burns
LEAR26451 | EULOGIA B.
I am in search of a good sunscreen, that really protects and does not produce acne. Will this work for me?

back