Neutrogena® Clear Face Break-Out Free Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 55

BY NEUTROGENA #9 in Facial Sunscreen

Benefits

• Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
  • Fragrance free
  • Water resistant (80 minutes)
  • Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB
  • Oil-free

HOW TO USE

• Apply generously and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure
  • Reapply:
    • After 80 minutes of swimming or sweating
    • Immediately after towel drying
    • At least every 2 hours
    • Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
    • Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses
    • Children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor

Drug Facts

Active ingredients

Avobenzone 2.7%, Homosalate 4%, Octisalate 4.5%, Octocrylene 6%, Oxybenzone 4.5%

Purpose

Sunscreen

Uses
helps prevent sunburn

Warnings: For external use only.
Do not use on damaged or broken skin
When using this product keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove.
Stop use and ask a doctor if rash occurs

Directions:
apply generously and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure
reapply:
after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating
immediately after towel drying
at least every 2 hours
Sun Protection Measures: Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a Broad Spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including:
limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses
children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor
After use, twist stick down prior to capping to ensure complete closure.

Other information protect this product from excessive heat and direct sun may stain some fabrics

Inactive ingredients

• I am in search of a good sunscreen, that really protects and does...1 Answers
  • Does this leave your skin feeling greasy or does it absorb fairly...1 Answers
  • Is good for oily skin?2 Answers
Latisha S.
Wayne, WV
I always trust Neutrogena for their products. They have a good reputation for their products being safe for acne-prone and/or sensitive skin because they are dermatologist tested. I like this particular sunscreen because of its non-greasy feel. Most of the time when I use other sunblocks, I feel like I'm basted and ready for a frying pan because they are so oily. This non-oily formula really is dry touch and is especially advantageous when you're at the beach so the sand that blows your way doesn't stick to sunblock applied skin. This product also comes in a variety of SPF levels, depending on how long you want to stay in the sun for without reapplying. My only problem with this dry touch sunblock is that is is a little difficult to apply because of that same quality that makes it good. When one is trying to rub it into their skin, it takes more than a little effort because it doesn't spread very well. But it sure beats the alternative easy application sprays which could miss a few spots because the wind would blow it elsewhere. At least with these lotions you know you won't miss a spot and it will give you the sun protection that you need. All in all, I will continue to use this product and would recommend it to others for their sunblock needs
Farah S.
If you have oily skin and sunscreens usually make you even more greasy feeling then this sunscreen is great. It’s a very dry formula that doesn’t get sticky and is very light- perfect for going on under makeup or moisturizer. Having said that, it definitely needs a moisturizer to go with it because it doesn’t hydrate you skin at all. Sometimes it leaves this white pasty film on your face (which is easily covered by moisturizer/makeup) but it has no excessive perfumes or dyes. I would recommend for oily skin types, not dry ones.
Amanda P.
Apple Valley
This sunblock has been the only one I’ve been able to find that doesn’t break me out! It’s non greasy so as soon as it soaks in, it feels like there’s nothing on. It’s super easy to mix with foundation so I have that extra coverage! It’s super cheap at Walmart so I usually stock up. I’ve recommended to multiple family members who suffer from acne like I do. Neutrogena® Clear Face Break-Out Free Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Hayley F.
Oxnard, CA
When I worked at Disney, I was constantly in the sun and got burnt often. I was so terrified of putting sun screen on my face due to the fear of breaking out (which for my role was not an option!) and I knew sunscreen would feel too heavy under my full face of makeup.... until I found this. It was not heavy, I never broke out, and it kept me safe from the sun! It just felt like putting on a moisturizer every day! I love it!
Ruby V.
Anaheim , CA
I live it I have acne prone combo more oily skin and I always add this after my moisturizer on my face it doesn’t break me out at all and just take a little bit to dry and it dries down nicely like a soft matte in my opinion. It doesn’t leave a white cast on my face I’m more of a medium skin tone but I don’t rub it in my face hard I just place it everywhere and press it in. Feels really light like you didn’t add a thing
Kelsey R.
['Milledgeville', 'GA'], GA
I really like this! I live on the beach, but unfortunately I have very fair skin, so I’m prone to getting sunburns. I always hated applying regular sunscreen to my face because the oil from the sunscreen and the sweat from being outside always caused me to break out. Since I’ve been using this product I no longer have this problem. If you have oily skin and most sunscreens break you out I totally recommend this product!
Kelly S.
I literally use this every single day. I don’t leave Home - ever without this. I’m too old to be exposing my bare face to sunlight.

This goes on over my moisturizer and below my primer. It is not sticky.

I have dry and sensitive skin and have had no breakouts.

When exercising outdoors I wear this without anything over it. It does look a little shiny but not greasy.
Laura H.
College Station, TX
This is by far my favorite facial sunscreen! Meant to give it 5 stars. It’s one of the only ones that doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin and doesn’t leave an oily residue. I typically apply a little on my face before putting on makeup every morning and it does a good job of keeping my face from burning since my acne medication makes me more sensitive to it.
Jess T.
Fort Wayne, IN
Stuff works pretty well. It did make my face feel kind a greasy. It does not have a scent. It’s about eight dollars, I bought it at Walmart this past summer. I would try it again, but I might try something else over this because I don’t feel any loyalty towards it. It’s a decent product but I would for something that didn’t make my skin feel oily.
Kaleb F.
Boston
This is one of my favorite sunscreens for my face. It applies so smoothly and evenly, easily works into the skin, dries to be very nearly matte (no lotion or cream ever really goes on matte, since they hydrate the skin) and really brings the protection! SPF 55 is a great amount to put in below your makeup to help keep your face and neck safe from the sun and from any sun damage.

I love how lightweight and pore-friendly this product is, and also that they managed to almost-entirely avoid that traditional “sunblock odor.”

For anyone looking to keep their skin safe from the sun, especially those with acne-prone skin, I recommend this facial sunblock quite highly. For the price, it’s so worth it.
Steffanie S.
['Toronto', ''], ON
How does this one do under makeup?
Lisbeth G.
Is good for oily skin?
Valentina B.
I am in search of a good sunscreen, that really protects and does not produce acne. Will this work for me?
Mallory S.
Lawrence, KS
As someone who suffers from eczema and sun block has a history of causing me to break out would anyone with sensitive skin recommend this product?!
Natalia D.
Burlington, NJ
Does it burn somebody's else skin or just mine? It goes away but for 5min really burns