BY NEUTROGENA

Benefits

• Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
  • Fragrance-free sunscreen
  • Water resistant (80 minutes)
  • Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB
  • Oil-free

HOW TO USE:

• apply generously 15 minutes before sun exposure
  • after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating
  • immediately after towel drying
  • at least every 2 hours
    • limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
    • wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses.
    • children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor.

Drug Facts

Active ingredients

Avobenzone 2.5%, Homosalate 5%, Octisalate 4%, Octocrylene 3%, Oxybenzone 4%

Purpose

Sunscreen

Uses
helps prevent sunburn

Warnings: For external use only.
Do not use on damaged or broken skin
When using this product keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove.
Stop use and ask a doctor if rash occurs

Other information
protect this product from excessive heat and direct sun
may stain some fabrics

Inactive ingredients

• I am looking for a new sunblock for my face. My last one ...7 Answers
  • Being a red head I apply sunscreen to my body and face qu...5 Answers
  • Does this actually work?4 Answers
Kennedi V.
If you are looking for something that is light and won’t break your face out but still does the same job as a normal sunscreen you may just want to read more about this. As someone with sensitive skin who is constantly always of aware of what I put on my face and making sure it’s not to harsh I was happy that I don’t have that problem with this. Because if the fact that’s it’s oil free and water based instead of clogging your pores it helps to protect your skin while keeping it hydrated so you don’t burn your face. The face is a very sensitive spot on the body when it comes to skin so it very important that you protect your skin form the damage that can from the sun. So I would definitely recommend this because sun protection is so very important.
Heather H.
Wyomissing, PA
I specifically purchased this sunscreen because it's marketed as "liquid-lotion" and oil-free which won't cause breakouts. I don't get breakouts, so that wasn't an issue for me. It was the texture and finish of the sunscreen that was appealing to me.

Well, the texture and finish are nice. The reason I gave it such a low rating is because this is a chemical sunscreen and it burns my face and eyes terribly!!! I DO NOT recommend this for anyone with sensitive skin, or who uses exfoliants (Retin-A, BHA, AHA, glycolic acid, etc)!! And definitely do not apply anywhere near your eyes. I've figured out the difference between physical and chemical sunscreens and I definitely will be using physical sunscreen on my face only!
On a good note ~ this sunblock is GREAT- from the neck down! It's truly a lightweight, liquid lotion consistency and doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy or looking shine or oily. I do get an occasional pimple on my back or shoulder from time to time and using this doesn't seem to have any impact on the frequency or length of time that I may have a small body breakout. It is water resistant for 80 minutes and I will say that it stands up to that claim. I'm in and out of a salt water pool during the summer and I rarely, if ever, show any signs of sun exposure.
I give this sunscreen 4 stars for use on the BODY ONLY!!! I'm deducting a star because it's marketed for the face and I would never suggest that it be used on the face.
jeska 💋.
Chesterfield
I have extremely fair skin that burns so easily but regular sunscreen makes me break out. It’s not fair to have to choose between protecting your skin from the suns harsh rays and break out because of it or let your skin burn and age faster so when I cam across this a few months ago I was ecstatic. This sunscreen does not break me out at all and provides excellent sun protection at an affordable price. Neutrogena® Clear Face Break-Out Free Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 55
Lina J.
Philadelphia, PA
Every. Single. Sunscreen I have used made my face break out like there was no tomorrow. Every single patch test I've done with all other sunscreens resulted in either tiny bumps or big, deep, angry pimples. THIS IS THE FIRST SUNSCREEEN THAT DID NOT MAKE ME BREAK OUT. I was basically bargaining sun protection with a pizza face or no protection but sun damaged face. Now, I can protect my skin and not have breakouts. It goes on very light and does not have a huge whitecast either. I love it and am very thankful for it.
Caroline T.
This is the sunscreen I use everyday. Since I was very young I was told that sunscreen is very important, so I do not go out without applying it. I love Neutrogena cause I feel like it absorbs very nice into my skin and it’s not oily, so it works for me. I normally get it from CVS or Walgreens
Whitney M.
Wichita, KS
This is the BEST facial sunscreen! I can have sensitive skin when it comes to sunscreen. I was a lifeguard for four years and all of my normal sunscreens made my face breakout. Later I found this sunscreen and it was the best purchase! I carry it with me everywhere during the summer, it never breaks me out and can easily be used under makeup if you’re going out in the summer. I highly recommend this!
Deborah T.
Toms River, NJ
Both my daughter and I have been using this for a few weeks. Not one breakout.. Great coverage. If you miss a spot you can see it . one of the best sunscreens I have used. No fragrance. Try it under makeup or by itself. Dries clear and is super light. I always add extra to my ears and nose.
Harvey W.
State College, PA
I have been using the Neutrogena sunscreen line for several years now, and I am never disappointed. I typically wear a facial moisturizer and foundation with SPF because typical sunscreen is too heavy to wear under makeup. However, if I’m going out in the summer without makeup or planning a beach/camping/lake day, then I will put this on. It’s not heavy on my skin and it doesn’t have an overwhelming smell.
Sloane M.
Coventry
I have very sensitive skin, so I have to be careful with sunscreen for my face. This one is great and keeps my eyes and skin from stinging. It also is very effective in preventing sunburn, and it didn't make my face feel oily/grimy like others do. I also didn't get any breakouts, which I usually get around my mouth and nose with other sunscreen.
Michael M.
This is a good shunscrren that doesn't feel greasy at all but you HAVE to pat it in cause if you don't then it will pill up and isn't the best for under makeup if your on the go. All in all has never broken me out and I have very acne prone skin. Neutrogena® Clear Face Break-Out Free Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Rebecca J.
Hillsboro , OR
Did anyone break out after using this?
Haley B.
ZANESVILLE, OH
Jana B.
Canyon Cntry, CA
Does this sunblock work well under make up?
Wendy H.
Great Outdoors Expert Level 4
Is this a good choice for someone with really sensitive skin?
Soyoung L.
Austin, TX
How often do I put this one? is this leave any greasiness?