BY NEUTROGENA #20 in Facial Sunscreen

Benefits

• Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
  • Fragrance-free sunscreen
  • Water resistant (80 minutes)
  • Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB
  • Oil-free

HOW TO USE:

• apply generously 15 minutes before sun exposure
  • after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating
  • immediately after towel drying
  • at least every 2 hours
    • limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
    • wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses.
    • children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor.

Drug Facts

Active ingredients

Avobenzone 2.5%, Homosalate 5%, Octisalate 4%, Octocrylene 3%, Oxybenzone 4%

Purpose

Sunscreen

Uses
helps prevent sunburn

Warnings: For external use only.
Do not use on damaged or broken skin
When using this product keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove.
Stop use and ask a doctor if rash occurs

Other information
protect this product from excessive heat and direct sun
may stain some fabrics

Inactive ingredients

• I am looking for a new sunblock for my face. My last one leaves a...7 Answers
  • Being a red head I apply sunscreen to my body and face quite ofte...5 Answers
  • Does this actually work?4 Answers
Heather H.
Wyomissing, PA
I specifically purchased this sunscreen because it's marketed as "liquid-lotion" and oil-free which won't cause breakouts. I don't get breakouts, so that wasn't an issue for me. It was the texture and finish of the sunscreen that was appealing to me.

Well, the texture and finish are nice. The reason I gave it such a low rating is because this is a chemical sunscreen and it burns my face and eyes terribly!!! I DO NOT recommend this for anyone with sensitive skin, or who uses exfoliants (Retin-A, BHA, AHA, glycolic acid, etc)!! And definitely do not apply anywhere near your eyes. I've figured out the difference between physical and chemical sunscreens and I definitely will be using physical sunscreen on my face only!
On a good note ~ this sunblock is GREAT- from the neck down! It's truly a lightweight, liquid lotion consistency and doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy or looking shine or oily. I do get an occasional pimple on my back or shoulder from time to time and using this doesn't seem to have any impact on the frequency or length of time that I may have a small body breakout. It is water resistant for 80 minutes and I will say that it stands up to that claim. I'm in and out of a salt water pool during the summer and I rarely, if ever, show any signs of sun exposure.
I give this sunscreen 4 stars for use on the BODY ONLY!!! I'm deducting a star because it's marketed for the face and I would never suggest that it be used on the face.
Izze D.
Love this sunscreen I have used it my whole life. It's really protective and has always met my expectations. I buy it at target usually. This sunscreen is also not bad for your scin. As I said before I am a repeated user. There us room for improvement if you get the white, not clear one, you have to really rub it in.
Amanda P.
Apple Valley
This product is great. It’s been the only thing I’ve been able to use that doesn’t break me out! It’s thin, no greasy so it doesn’t clog pores and the second that it soaks in, you can’t even tell you have it on. It’s super easy to mix with my foundation for that extra bit of protection. I get it from Walmart and it’s super cheap so I usually stock up whenever I can.
Caroline T.
This is the sunscreen I use everyday. Since I was very young I was told that sunscreen is very important, so I do not go out without applying it. I love Neutrogena cause I feel like it absorbs very nice into my skin and it’s not oily, so it works for me. I normally get it from CVS or Walgreens
Jennifer S.
I love this face sunscreen because it makes my skin feel SO smooth and doesn’t leave my face oily or clog my pours like other sunscreens! I have super sensitive skin but this product works great!! It gives the perfect amount of protection and I never get sunburned on my face when using this product! I definitely recommend it!! If you have fair skin and burn easy then they also make a higher spf!
Alisa C.
Vineyard, UT
This product works great and doesn't clog pores. I got it from Walmart for a couple bucks and was extremely satisfied. It was my first time trying it, however I have used Neutrogena sunscreens in the past and have loved them. This was just as good, If not better than the rest. The only thing that surprised me is the consistency. It's much thinner than other sunscreens. I'm used to sunscreen being the consistency of lotion, this facial sunscreen was more runny and drips if you're not prepared for it to run out of the bottle. I personally love how runny it is because it's easier to rub onto my face and absorb. It saves me from the embarrassment of having white stuff on my face from sunscreen that isn't rubbed in. I would recommend this to everyone.
Rachel M.
Rochester Hls, MI
This stuff works well, especially on burn-prone skin like mine. I have very fair, sensitive skin and this does not break me out or cause any crazy reaction! Smells like a typical sunscreen. The price is great for the quality. My only complain is that it feels thick when I use it on my face.. but again it hasn’t broken me out. I would repurchase!
Samantha S.
Watkinsville, GA
My go-to face sunscreen. I have really sensitive skin and it’s inevitable that I will break out a little bit after spending a few days at the beach slathering on sunscreen and sweating all day but my skin reacts the least to this facial sunscreen than any other brand I’ve tried, and it protects against burn extremely well.
Corinna C.
Durham, NH
Even though it’s the winter time, I still use this product everyday underneath my makeup. I’ve noticed my skin clearing up and becoming brighter, and the only thing I’ve changed is adding sunscreen. I know sunscreen is great for your skin anyways, so I decided to buy this and I’m so glad I did!
Allison W.
Mckinney, TX
At times, I still struggle with break outs and acne on my face. So, I try to be extra mindful about anything I apply to my face. Sunscreens especially seem to cause a bunch of breakouts for me. Also, one of my teenage son’s struggles with lots of acne, and dreads putting any kind of sunscreen on his face especially.

This product feels much lighter than any sunscreen I can think of that I have ever used on my face, besides really expensive skin care brands of spf moisturizers. Both my son and I reach for this product alone for our face & get great coverage/protect without as much breakouts later!
Rebecca J.
Hillsboro , OR
Did anyone break out after using this?
Haley B.
Zanesville, OH
Jana B.
Canyon Cntry, CA
Does this sunblock work well under make up?
Wendy H.
Is this a good choice for someone with really sensitive skin?
Soyoung L.
Austin, TX
How often do I put this one? is this leave any greasiness?