$8.24 on ULTA
4.0% CASHBACK
SHOP NOW
*2 other buying options

This product has the powerful sun protection you love, now available in a convenient, mess-free form. Suitable for both face and body, this unique wide-faced stick glides on easily. Its formulated with Helioplex® Technology which helps deliver superior broad-spectrum protection from skin-aging UVA rays and skin-burning UVB rays. Throw it in your bag for on-the-go protection when you hit the beach and beyond.

• Water resistant (80 minutes)
  • PABA free

HOW TO USE

• Apply liberally and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure.
  • Ensure complete coverage to the area above the lip, nose and tops of ears.
  • Reapply:
    • After 80 minutes of swimming or sweating
    • Immediately after towel drying
    • At least every 2 hours
    • Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
    • Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses
    • Children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor
    • After use, twist stick down prior to capping to ensure complete closure.

Drug Facts

Active ingredients

Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 15%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 10%, Oxybenzone 3%%

Purpose

Sunscreen

Uses
helps prevent sunburn

Warnings: For external use only.
Do not use on damaged or broken skin
When using this product keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove.
Stop use and ask a doctor if rash occurs

Directions: apply liberally and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure. ensure complete coverage to the area above the lip, nose and tops of ears. reapply: after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating immediately after towel drying at least every 2 hours Sun Protection Measures: Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a Broad Spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including: limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m.–2 p.m. wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor After use, twist stick down prior to capping to ensure complete closure.

Other information protect this product from excessive heat and direct sun may stain some fabrics

Inactive ingredients

Adipic acid/diglycol crosspolymer, beeswax, BHT, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, diethylhexyl 2,6-naphthalate, dimethicone, fragrance, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, neopentyl glycol diisostearate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, ozokerite, paraffin, polyethylene.

I want to know if the components of this sunscreen are safe for the skin?
How good dose this work on the skin
Start your review of Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+!
How would you rate this product?
8 days agoGeneva
We love this face stick! The kids hate rubbing or spraying sunblock on their face so the face stick eliminates the need for that! It’s so easy to use and works to keep sunburn away! Smells good. It is expensive but worth the price 100%
2 months agoCreedmoor, NC
I have such fair skin, it's hard to find a good sunscreen that stays on while I'm sweating at the beach and swimming in either salt water, pool water or lake water but I love this one by Neutrogena! I don't necessarily have to reapply as many times as other sunscreens either which is another reason I like it! And of course it smells great
2 months ago
This product is great for your face, but is a bit difficult to apply everywhere else because it is hard to tell where you already applied and where you did not. I do however really love this as a face sunscreen!!
3 months agoLakeland, FL
Smells nice and doesn’t leave your skin feeling too greasy like most sunscreens. I love that it’s basically a no touch application (I always rub it into my skin)
5 months agoLouisville, KY
I love this sunscreen specifically for my face. A lot of times sunscreen irritates my skin on my face for some reason so I’m really picky about what I use. Sprays make me feel sticky on the face and lotions are just too heavy. I use my index and middle finger and rub them on the actual stick. I then pat the sunscreen onto my face instead of rubbing it in because sunscreen is tougher to wash off! I also do this very lightly under my makeup sometimes if I’m feeling like I need a little extra protection from the sun. It also helps me look dewy so I put a little on the tops of my cheeks then sweep highlighter over it to give me that extra little somethin’ somethin’!
5 months agoPortland , OR
On a recent trip to Mexico, with little room in our carry on bag, I decided to give this compact sunscreen stick a try. I was pleasantly surprised with how well this worked, how easy application was and how light and non-greasy this felt. It was even small enough that I was able to carry it around in my small purse for reapplication throughout the day. On top of it all two of us used it for a week and still have a lot of product left!
4 months agoGreenwood, SC
Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ uploaded by Amber T.
Purchased at: Walmart
I worse this everyday and so did my entire family and we only got burnt a little. It smells amazing and it feels like a nice lotion. It could be better protection though. It was a bit expensive for something that worked just add well as generic brand.
5 months agoPensacola, FL
Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ uploaded by Zoey D.
Purchased at: Target
Bought this to keep the boys from sunburn. This was afordable lasted hours. My kids didnt burn. It rubbed in nice. It didnt come off when they went in the pool. Withstood 90+ degree heat wave. Will buy again. Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+
2 years agoProvo, UT
This is our absolute favorite sunscreen! It’s extremely effective, even when going in and out of water. It smells amazing and tropical, and even my husband doesn’t mind the smell! Application is smooth and it doesn’t leave any gross white residue. There really isn’t anything bad about this sunscreen and we will always use it!
2 years agoRochester, NY
THE BEST SUNBLOCK. I can not recommend this enough! I went on a trip to Aruba and applied this sunblock specifically "the stick" throughout my whole vacation and did not get burned at all! I recommended to a friend who has very fair skin and she was ecstatic and refuses to use any other product since she tried this.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
a year ago
 better to use this  Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ or the creamier version? Pros and Cons versus each? I have never used a stick version of sunscreen and want to see if I am missing out.
2 years ago
Tris J. 2 years ago
Love this! it's very lightweight and feels like a regular moisturizer. And I never get burned with this.