$8.24 on ULTA
4.0% CASHBACK
SHOP NOW
*2 other buying options

This product has the powerful sun protection you love, now available in a convenient, mess-free form. Suitable for both face and body, this unique wide-faced stick glides on easily. Its formulated with Helioplex® Technology which helps deliver superior broad-spectrum protection from skin-aging UVA rays and skin-burning UVB rays. Throw it in your bag for on-the-go protection when you hit the beach and beyond.

• Water resistant (80 minutes)
  • PABA free

HOW TO USE

• Apply liberally and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure.
  • Ensure complete coverage to the area above the lip, nose and tops of ears.
  • Reapply:
    • After 80 minutes of swimming or sweating
    • Immediately after towel drying
    • At least every 2 hours
    • Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
    • Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses
    • Children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor
    • After use, twist stick down prior to capping to ensure complete closure.

Drug Facts

Active ingredients

Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 15%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 10%, Oxybenzone 3%%

Purpose

Sunscreen

Uses
helps prevent sunburn

Warnings: For external use only.
Do not use on damaged or broken skin
When using this product keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove.
Stop use and ask a doctor if rash occurs

Directions: apply liberally and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure. ensure complete coverage to the area above the lip, nose and tops of ears. reapply: after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating immediately after towel drying at least every 2 hours Sun Protection Measures: Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a Broad Spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including: limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m.–2 p.m. wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor After use, twist stick down prior to capping to ensure complete closure.

Other information protect this product from excessive heat and direct sun may stain some fabrics

Inactive ingredients

Adipic acid/diglycol crosspolymer, beeswax, BHT, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, diethylhexyl 2,6-naphthalate, dimethicone, fragrance, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, neopentyl glycol diisostearate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, ozokerite, paraffin, polyethylene.

I want to know if the components of this sunscreen are safe for the skin?
How good dose this work on the skin
Start your review of Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+!
How would you rate this product?
7 months agoHagerstown , MD
Love the applicator and it does stay on. Great product. The regular version of this same type of sunscreen is great too but this is really quick and convenient. Less mess.
2 years agoBrooklyn, NY
Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ uploaded by C M.
By far a really great product. I will definitely be purchasing this again. I used it for the first time yesterday. I absolutely love it. It glides on so make sure to rub in so that its applied evenly and you don't need too much this does leave you a little greasy. However it definitely does the job so no complaints. This can be used everywhere however would take a bit to apply. So i would suggest using it more for outings like the zoo, a picnic, amusement parks that sort of thing but again if you have the patience this is great! And it lasts up to 80 mins. The best part... it doesnt smell like the beach
9 months ago
the stick applies well and evenly. the shape makes it look like deodorant which can be a little confusing. its effective but can be oily for those trying to avoid breakouts
3 years agoRidgely, TN
The best thing about this sunblock is that you don't have to use your hands to apply it or rub it in, and it's the only one I use for that reason alone! The worst thing is that the lid is poorly-designed; if you don't retract the sunblock ALL the way down and back into the dispenser, it will get smashed into the lid and wasted. This is a difficult habit to form because most people are used to stick deodorant, which you can leave raised and still replace the lid. Aside from that, it's a very effective and lasting sunblock, and it has a very pleasant, not overpowering scent.
2 years agoDes Moines, IA
Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ uploaded by Britney B.
Absolutely my favorite thing to use on my little ones when we're out and about during the summer!! We reach for this again and again because it is fast, no mess, slides into our travel bag and simple to put on multiple kids in quick time! Have had awesome skin protection and no issues with my VERY light skinned boys! :) Neutrogena® Ultra Sheer® Face + Body Stick Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 70
2 years ago
Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ I have the sunscreen but in a cream form. It is difficult to find a sunscreen that won't give me breakouts. Neutrogena is my go-to for sunscreen. Also, I go to a dermatologist and Neutrogena is not lying when they say dermatologists recommend it. Whenever I ask about products (specifically face washes) my dermatologist recommends this brand always!
2 years agoVienna, VA
I love the fact that this is a stick so much! It makes it a lot easier for application, and it's really convenient for traveling. The smell of this is also really nice, and it isn't strong or overwhelming. I feel like this does a good job of protecting my skin. I don't apply it to my face however so I don't know if that can cause breakouts or things like that. Overall, I really like this and I love the stick design so much. I really recommend this product.
2 years agoPhiladelphia, PA
One of my favorite sun screens ever! It's so soft on your skin and helps you to feel beautiful yet products while on the beach! The packaging is gorgeous and is a runner up to the Neutrogena® CoolDry Sport Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30 lotion! They're both amazing, but the Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum Spf 70 is life saving and you will NOT regret having this in your cabinet when packing for the beach!
2 years agoLayton , UT
Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ uploaded by Brit A.
For the busy mom on the go this is a must have. Drop it in your bag and next time you are at the park longer then planned you will have it with you to save the day! Seriously though it's sweat proof so it won't drop into your eyes. It's application is super easy and clean. I could go on for ages about how much I love this product!!!
2 years ago
Yes yes yes!  I can't get enough of this sunscreen stick.  As a beach girl, hanging out by the waves is so much fun, but fair skin can make that tricky.  The Neutrogena Sunscreen Stick completely solves that problem! The application of this stick is so smooth-and nearly invisible- so bright white zinc won't ruin my look anytime soon.  Neutrogena has cracked the code to making skin care effective and cool.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
a year ago
 better to use this  Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ or the creamier version? Pros and Cons versus each? I have never used a stick version of sunscreen and want to see if I am missing out.
Tris J. 2 years ago
Love this! it's very lightweight and feels like a regular moisturizer. And I never get burned with this.