$8.24 on ULTA
4.0% CASHBACK
SHOP NOW
*2 other buying options

This product has the powerful sun protection you love, now available in a convenient, mess-free form. Suitable for both face and body, this unique wide-faced stick glides on easily. Its formulated with Helioplex® Technology which helps deliver superior broad-spectrum protection from skin-aging UVA rays and skin-burning UVB rays. Throw it in your bag for on-the-go protection when you hit the beach and beyond.

• Water resistant (80 minutes)
  • PABA free

HOW TO USE

• Apply liberally and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure.
  • Ensure complete coverage to the area above the lip, nose and tops of ears.
  • Reapply:
    • After 80 minutes of swimming or sweating
    • Immediately after towel drying
    • At least every 2 hours
    • Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
    • Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses
    • Children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor
    • After use, twist stick down prior to capping to ensure complete closure.

Drug Facts

Active ingredients

Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 15%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 10%, Oxybenzone 3%%

Purpose

Sunscreen

Uses
helps prevent sunburn

Warnings: For external use only.
Do not use on damaged or broken skin
When using this product keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove.
Stop use and ask a doctor if rash occurs

Directions: apply liberally and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure. ensure complete coverage to the area above the lip, nose and tops of ears. reapply: after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating immediately after towel drying at least every 2 hours Sun Protection Measures: Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a Broad Spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including: limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m.–2 p.m. wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor After use, twist stick down prior to capping to ensure complete closure.

Other information protect this product from excessive heat and direct sun may stain some fabrics

Inactive ingredients

Adipic acid/diglycol crosspolymer, beeswax, BHT, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, diethylhexyl 2,6-naphthalate, dimethicone, fragrance, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, neopentyl glycol diisostearate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, ozokerite, paraffin, polyethylene.

I want to know if the components of this sunscreen are safe for the skin?
How good dose this work on the skin
Start your review of Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+!
How would you rate this product?
2 years ago
This sunscreen is very very protective!! I bought mine at my local Walmart store. It didn't disappoint me at all because it is very effective and protects me from getting a sunburn. I've only bought this product once to know that it was a good one, I would recommend this to anyone who is going to be outside in the sun!
2 years agoConverse, TX
It is easy to put on and no white look or product left to show on black capris if my arm or hand touches them, or other clothing. I keep one in my car and it's so easy to use for hands and arms! Please don't ever discontinue this stick! Got first one at Costco with a regular tube, then next time, they had a mini tube instead. I was bummed, so glad to see its still here!
2 years ago
Excellent sunscreen product. I was hesitant about purchasing something other than spray or lotion (I didn't want anything streaky) and aside from looking lime I was using deodorant on my face at the beach, it did a great job of keeping me from burning. It also does great on your scalp. It's a bit thicker so it stays on better than lotion. Bought at Walmart.
2 years agoPanama City, FL
This product is absolutely amazing! It is easy to apply and gentle and light on the skin. It is a great value for the price. I use this product anytime we are doing a sport or just spending the day at the beach. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking to protect their skin from the sun and not have sunscreen running into their eyes.
2 years agoChicago
I know that it isn't as "sheer/matte" as a lot of the other face sunscreens, but I love it under my foundation.  Also, it's SO easy to reapply. It smells delicious; easily the best smelling sunscreen on the market.  The stick is perfect for my purse. I highly recommend this product for anyone that's spending a lot of time on the water. I spend my summers racing sailboats, so I really rely on water resistant sunscreens.
2 years ago
Very easy to apply and the color of the stick makes it easy to find in your bag! I picked this up at Walgreens as a summer camp staple and love the scent. Although the formula is a bit greasy, you know it's on your face and a little goes a long way, unlike their bottled sun protection. Would definitely recommend for children or quick application!
2 years agoWestchester, IL
I really liked the coverage, where I had the sunscreen...I did not get burned. However, I do not like the deodorant style design. I feel like it's too hard to make sure you cover all areas by just rolling it on. You have to make sure to rub it in afterwards, so what's the point of the new deodorant design? Haha. It's fine I guess, 2 stars is okay.
3 years agoLouisville, KY
I can't brag enough about this sun screen. I have naturally oily skin so on top of everyone's fear of having to put on greasy sunscreen, I am also always worried about protecting my skin from the sun . I have fair skin that freckles and almost always burns. However with this sunscreen it blends in smooth like a normal moisturizer and does not leave you greasy at all!! I absolutely love it! No burns yet🙃
3 years agoBurbank, CA
I like this product because it's easy to apply and your know where you are applying it, I got it from cvs and it is very gentle on the skin for a good price and works wonders. I would buy again that's the only thing I've been using for a year now.
2 years agoMontclair, CA
I get burned so easily being fair skinned. My relatives are from England, France and Italy so that explains it. I decided to try this. I believe I bought a combo pack at Costco. And they were on sale. So I bought them and tried them. This body defense works pretty well. I haven't been to the beach recently because it has been pretty cold. I would definantly reccommend this sunscreen I even use it on my daughter who is five years old.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
a year ago
 better to use this  Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ or the creamier version? Pros and Cons versus each? I have never used a stick version of sunscreen and want to see if I am missing out.
Tris J. 2 years ago
Love this! it's very lightweight and feels like a regular moisturizer. And I never get burned with this.