$8.24 on ULTA
4.0% CASHBACK
SHOP NOW
*2 other buying options

This product has the powerful sun protection you love, now available in a convenient, mess-free form. Suitable for both face and body, this unique wide-faced stick glides on easily. Its formulated with Helioplex® Technology which helps deliver superior broad-spectrum protection from skin-aging UVA rays and skin-burning UVB rays. Throw it in your bag for on-the-go protection when you hit the beach and beyond.

• Water resistant (80 minutes)
  • PABA free

HOW TO USE

• Apply liberally and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure.
  • Ensure complete coverage to the area above the lip, nose and tops of ears.
  • Reapply:
    • After 80 minutes of swimming or sweating
    • Immediately after towel drying
    • At least every 2 hours
    • Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
    • Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses
    • Children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor
    • After use, twist stick down prior to capping to ensure complete closure.

Drug Facts

Active ingredients

Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 15%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 10%, Oxybenzone 3%%

Purpose

Sunscreen

Uses
helps prevent sunburn

Warnings: For external use only.
Do not use on damaged or broken skin
When using this product keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove.
Stop use and ask a doctor if rash occurs

Directions: apply liberally and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure. ensure complete coverage to the area above the lip, nose and tops of ears. reapply: after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating immediately after towel drying at least every 2 hours Sun Protection Measures: Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a Broad Spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including: limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m.–2 p.m. wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor After use, twist stick down prior to capping to ensure complete closure.

Other information protect this product from excessive heat and direct sun may stain some fabrics

Inactive ingredients

Adipic acid/diglycol crosspolymer, beeswax, BHT, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, diethylhexyl 2,6-naphthalate, dimethicone, fragrance, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, neopentyl glycol diisostearate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, ozokerite, paraffin, polyethylene.

I want to know if the components of this sunscreen are safe for the skin?
How good dose this work on the skin
Start your review of Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+!
How would you rate this product?
2 years agoNewark, DE
Easy to apply, you don’t get sand all over your face. It last forever so it is highly cost-effective. I mostly use on my face and when we have kids around it goes to most of their body. Small to carry with you those you will need to reapply
8 months ago
Good, but I have oily skin and this was not good. It made my face break out. But good sunscreen for the rest of your body, just not you’re face. Easy to apply and blend once warmed up. I would recommend for ease of sunscreen use.
2 years ago
Really like this sunscreen stick. Glides on east for easy application, even for kids on the beach. Bought anywhere from Walmart to CVS. This is a must have on beach trips for our family. Good coverage and easy application.
4 months agoGardendale, AL
Purchased at: Target
This is a great product. It gives awesome coverage when you are in the sun for a long time..especially if you are active. It is more gentle for the face and isn’t as greasy as some formulas. It is very long lasting as well
5 months agoPrince George, VA
We LOVE this sunscreen stick by Neutrogena. I can easily pack it in a bag without worrying that it will come open or spill and ruin our clothing. It’s easy to apply on my kids as well as myself and I’ve had zero issues with it failing to prevent sunburn.
5 months agoBuena Park, CA
I love this product for applying sunscreen to my face. It doesnt have that greasy feeling and I don't have to worry about excess product going in my eyes or mouth.
2 years ago
super duper nice to use because it is not greasy at all! love using this at the beach but it takes a couple of minutes to completely dry down. works great and the price is reasonable, although it’s a bit more than I would usually pay.
2 years agoKingston, NY
I love stick sunscreens and this one is no exception. I bought this at target before a trip to the beach. It’s a fair price and did what I needed it to. It kept my skin safe and I would definitely buy it again.
2 years agoAurora, OH
I like this for my face it is easy to glide on me and the kids because it is wide. I find it effective and easy to put on. I buy it at the local drug store or Target. Recommended to use during the summertime.
2 years agoSpruce Pine, NC
I like that this is in like a deodorant stick rather than a bottle. With this you don’t have to get your hands greasy and slimy with sunscreen. It goes on and lasts most of the day. I would definitely recommend it
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
a year ago
 better to use this  Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ or the creamier version? Pros and Cons versus each? I have never used a stick version of sunscreen and want to see if I am missing out.
Tris J. 2 years ago
Love this! it's very lightweight and feels like a regular moisturizer. And I never get burned with this.