$8.24 on ULTA
4.0% CASHBACK
SHOP NOW
*2 other buying options

This product has the powerful sun protection you love, now available in a convenient, mess-free form. Suitable for both face and body, this unique wide-faced stick glides on easily. Its formulated with Helioplex® Technology which helps deliver superior broad-spectrum protection from skin-aging UVA rays and skin-burning UVB rays. Throw it in your bag for on-the-go protection when you hit the beach and beyond.

• Water resistant (80 minutes)
  • PABA free

HOW TO USE

• Apply liberally and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure.
  • Ensure complete coverage to the area above the lip, nose and tops of ears.
  • Reapply:
    • After 80 minutes of swimming or sweating
    • Immediately after towel drying
    • At least every 2 hours
    • Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
    • Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses
    • Children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor
    • After use, twist stick down prior to capping to ensure complete closure.

Drug Facts

Active ingredients

Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 15%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 10%, Oxybenzone 3%%

Purpose

Sunscreen

Uses
helps prevent sunburn

Warnings: For external use only.
Do not use on damaged or broken skin
When using this product keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove.
Stop use and ask a doctor if rash occurs

Directions: apply liberally and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure. ensure complete coverage to the area above the lip, nose and tops of ears. reapply: after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating immediately after towel drying at least every 2 hours Sun Protection Measures: Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a Broad Spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including: limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m.–2 p.m. wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor After use, twist stick down prior to capping to ensure complete closure.

Other information protect this product from excessive heat and direct sun may stain some fabrics

Inactive ingredients

Adipic acid/diglycol crosspolymer, beeswax, BHT, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, diethylhexyl 2,6-naphthalate, dimethicone, fragrance, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, neopentyl glycol diisostearate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, ozokerite, paraffin, polyethylene.

I want to know if the components of this sunscreen are safe for the skin?
How good dose this work on the skin
Start your review of Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+!
How would you rate this product?
5 months ago
Scene I have used the product on my face I don't get burnt if i apply enough I dont get burnt. It can be a little sticky and goppy though. I love the product but the product also can't get in small crevices and nooks. that's what she said. I recoment it
2 years agoCollege Sta, TX
We use this every time we go to the beach and apply it to our face. It is also very easy for kids to use and they can apply it themselves. It is a little pricey but can you put a price on skin? Also, it does damage my face or cause irritations. I will continue to use this product.
4 months agoHackettstown, NJ
Purchased at: Walmart
Very easy to apply. No scent. Running the sunscreen stick down all the areas that are hard to reach is a breeze. Very easy transport. The only downside is that it doesn’t absorb into the skin at all and it feels very greasy the entire day. Don’t wear near sand as it sticks instantly!!
6 months agoLas vegas
This is a decent product. I didn't get burned or even tan while using this. My issue with this product is I felt it on my arms all day after I applied it. Every time I touched my arms they felt a little sticky and it just wasn't pleasant. Because of that I wouldn't recommend.
2 years agoWartburg, TN
My family spends a lot of time outside in the summer, and this is perfect for faces. The applicator glides in easily without much mess. A downside was when it gets too hot, sometimes it can get mushy before hardening again as it cools off. I would recommend it to anyone.
6 months agoWinston Salem, NC
Smell is awesome and the only reason it got 4/5 is because it melts easily in the sun. I love stick sunscreen because it’s convenient to swipe on the areas I need it, but this one lasted maybe an hour at the pool with me before it lost shape and started melting
2 years ago
This made my face break out and didn’t protect my skin even though I️ reapplied often. It had an oily and greasy consistency which I️ definitely did not like. In addition, the shape was awkward and hard to get into the creases of my face like by my nose.
2 years agoZionsville
Neutrogena makes the best sunscreen overall, and this one was nice for my face as it didn't cause breakouts. It was very easy to apply and it effectively covered my whole face. Even my nose didn't get burnt, and it's usually the first to get burnt.
2 years agoGeneva, AL
Does NOT mix well with the sun. With the chemical in the sunscreen and the sun mixed together it causes my face to swell and to get a chemical sunburn on my face. I bought at Walmart and do not recommend this
5 months agoHampden , MA
Pros: - protects the skin - is not oily - has a good smell. It is a great product that I recommend for anyone who has oily and dry skin at the same time as it does not leave the appearance of oily skin but contains a little oil to moisturize.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
a year ago
 better to use this  Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ or the creamier version? Pros and Cons versus each? I have never used a stick version of sunscreen and want to see if I am missing out.
2 years ago
Tris J. 2 years ago
Love this! it's very lightweight and feels like a regular moisturizer. And I never get burned with this.