$8.24 on ULTA
4.0% CASHBACK
SHOP NOW
*2 other buying options

This product has the powerful sun protection you love, now available in a convenient, mess-free form. Suitable for both face and body, this unique wide-faced stick glides on easily. Its formulated with Helioplex® Technology which helps deliver superior broad-spectrum protection from skin-aging UVA rays and skin-burning UVB rays. Throw it in your bag for on-the-go protection when you hit the beach and beyond.

• Water resistant (80 minutes)
  • PABA free

HOW TO USE

• Apply liberally and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure.
  • Ensure complete coverage to the area above the lip, nose and tops of ears.
  • Reapply:
    • After 80 minutes of swimming or sweating
    • Immediately after towel drying
    • At least every 2 hours
    • Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
    • Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses
    • Children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor
    • After use, twist stick down prior to capping to ensure complete closure.

Drug Facts

Active ingredients

Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 15%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 10%, Oxybenzone 3%%

Purpose

Sunscreen

Uses
helps prevent sunburn

Warnings: For external use only.
Do not use on damaged or broken skin
When using this product keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove.
Stop use and ask a doctor if rash occurs

Directions: apply liberally and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure. ensure complete coverage to the area above the lip, nose and tops of ears. reapply: after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating immediately after towel drying at least every 2 hours Sun Protection Measures: Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a Broad Spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including: limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m.–2 p.m. wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor After use, twist stick down prior to capping to ensure complete closure.

Other information protect this product from excessive heat and direct sun may stain some fabrics

Inactive ingredients

Adipic acid/diglycol crosspolymer, beeswax, BHT, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, diethylhexyl 2,6-naphthalate, dimethicone, fragrance, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, neopentyl glycol diisostearate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, ozokerite, paraffin, polyethylene.

I want to know if the components of this sunscreen are safe for the skin?
How good dose this work on the skin
Start your review of Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+!
How would you rate this product?
Lanham, MD
Purchased at: Walgreens
This sunblock is easy to apply and doesn’t leave a white residue on your skin. Is perfect for all skin tones Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+
Carterville
This product was easy to find at Walmart. I used it at the beach this past weekend and it was awesome! I was able to hang out in the sun for several hours and didn't get burnt at all! Plus, I was still able to get in the water.
I want to start by saying how much I love this product! It works great and it's so convenient in the stick form! I used it for my kids face areas like their knees and shoulders when we were at the beach. My kids never got burnt at all! I would recommend it to anyone.
This is a great facial sunscreen. It has a wonderful tropical scent that isn't overbearing and doesn't linger too long on the face. It never leaves me feeling overly greasy, and wears great under a light layer of a BB cream.
Tucson
This is such a good sunscreen let me tell you. I'm super pale and the fact that I didn't have to reapply for hours made me so happy. It's really light on my skin and I don't have to apply fifty gallons to protect me from my mortal enemy: the sun. Highly recommend!
I find this product kind of funny, because I have mixed it up for my deodorant sometimes. The packaging is very similar! Even though it's in stick form, it is still very effective and it has a great value. Neutrogena is and will always be one of my favorite brands.
I am Norwegian through and through, especially when it comes to sunburn. Before you go out into the sun, apply this sunscreen stick wherever you get burnt the most once in the morning and once in the afternoon and you'll keep your skin fresh, healthy, and protected.
Clearwater, FL
This is a very good sunscreen for the price. It's gentle on sensitive skin but it is key to keep reapplying of course. I love the convenience of this product being able to buy it anywhere. Everyone should carry this around.
My family loves this sunscreen. We typically go to the beach once a year and this never seems to fail us. Reapplication of course is still necessary as with any sunscreen, but we have never had any problems with this brand.
Riverside , CA
This is really handy if you're in a hurry and need some quick sunscreen. My shoulders get sunburnt pretty easily, so this is really helpful when I'm out and I realize I forgot to sunscreen. I always keep a stick in my bag.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Abingdon, MD
a year ago
 better to use this  Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ or the creamier version? Pros and Cons versus each? I have never used a stick version of sunscreen and want to see if I am missing out.
2 years ago
Tris J. • 2 years ago
Love this! it's very lightweight and feels like a regular moisturizer. And I never get burned with this.