$8.24 on ULTA
4.0% CASHBACK
SHOP NOW
*2 other buying options

This product has the powerful sun protection you love, now available in a convenient, mess-free form. Suitable for both face and body, this unique wide-faced stick glides on easily. Its formulated with Helioplex® Technology which helps deliver superior broad-spectrum protection from skin-aging UVA rays and skin-burning UVB rays. Throw it in your bag for on-the-go protection when you hit the beach and beyond.

• Water resistant (80 minutes)
  • PABA free

HOW TO USE

• Apply liberally and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure.
  • Ensure complete coverage to the area above the lip, nose and tops of ears.
  • Reapply:
    • After 80 minutes of swimming or sweating
    • Immediately after towel drying
    • At least every 2 hours
    • Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
    • Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses
    • Children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor
    • After use, twist stick down prior to capping to ensure complete closure.

Drug Facts

Active ingredients

Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 15%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 10%, Oxybenzone 3%%

Purpose

Sunscreen

Uses
helps prevent sunburn

Warnings: For external use only.
Do not use on damaged or broken skin
When using this product keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove.
Stop use and ask a doctor if rash occurs

Directions: apply liberally and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure. ensure complete coverage to the area above the lip, nose and tops of ears. reapply: after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating immediately after towel drying at least every 2 hours Sun Protection Measures: Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a Broad Spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including: limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m.–2 p.m. wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor After use, twist stick down prior to capping to ensure complete closure.

Other information protect this product from excessive heat and direct sun may stain some fabrics

Inactive ingredients

Adipic acid/diglycol crosspolymer, beeswax, BHT, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, diethylhexyl 2,6-naphthalate, dimethicone, fragrance, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, neopentyl glycol diisostearate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, ozokerite, paraffin, polyethylene.

I want to know if the components of this sunscreen are safe for the skin?
How good dose this work on the skin
Start your review of Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+!
How would you rate this product?
Overland, MO
Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ uploaded by Melissa K.
I love this sunscreen stick. It is a great product to use on extra sun-sensitive spots like your face and ears to make sure you don't miss any spots. I use it on my tattoos as well. I used it in Mexico and didn't burn at all, as long as I reapplied aa directed on the packaging. It is perfect to toss in a carry-on for a trip, too!
I have tried other sticks that I like better. I originally bought this for my families faces, but it left a greasy feeling to our skin. I did not enjoy this on my face at all. It does not say face on it, which should have been my sign, but I think of sticks for faces not bodies. It did protect us from getting burnt.
Gravette
Great on the skin. Feels light and airy. I buy this over and over again. Provides great protection. This product is great for summertime. It stays on through the sweat and water and is affordable. I’d recommend.
Creedmoor, NC
I have such fair skin, it's hard to find a good sunscreen that stays on while I'm sweating at the beach and swimming in either salt water, pool water or lake water but I love this one by Neutrogena! I don't necessarily have to reapply as many times as other sunscreens either which is another reason I like it! And of course it smells great
Stick sunscreens are the best for when you have children or elderly people around you who need sun protection but squirm and screech and can't or won't put it on themselves.
Geneva
We love this face stick! The kids hate rubbing or spraying sunblock on their face so the face stick eliminates the need for that! It’s so easy to use and works to keep sunburn away! Smells good. It is expensive but worth the price 100%
This product is great for your face, but is a bit difficult to apply everywhere else because it is hard to tell where you already applied and where you did not. I do however really love this as a face sunscreen!!
Charlotte
This is my all time favorite! I love the smell so much compared to regular sunscreen. It actually leaves a clean sweet smell that’s still light and soft. The texture is also very nice. Moisturizing and soft to the touch. I would definitely recommend this product.
Louisville, KY
I love this sunscreen specifically for my face. A lot of times sunscreen irritates my skin on my face for some reason so I’m really picky about what I use. Sprays make me feel sticky on the face and lotions are just too heavy. I use my index and middle finger and rub them on the actual stick. I then pat the sunscreen onto my face instead of rubbing it in because sunscreen is tougher to wash off! I also do this very lightly under my makeup sometimes if I’m feeling like I need a little extra protection from the sun. It also helps me look dewy so I put a little on the tops of my cheeks then sweep highlighter over it to give me that extra little somethin’ somethin’!
Portland , OR
On a recent trip to Mexico, with little room in our carry on bag, I decided to give this compact sunscreen stick a try. I was pleasantly surprised with how well this worked, how easy application was and how light and non-greasy this felt. It was even small enough that I was able to carry it around in my small purse for reapplication throughout the day. On top of it all two of us used it for a week and still have a lot of product left!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Abingdon, MD
a year ago
 better to use this  Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ or the creamier version? Pros and Cons versus each? I have never used a stick version of sunscreen and want to see if I am missing out.
2 years ago
Tris J. • 2 years ago
Love this! it's very lightweight and feels like a regular moisturizer. And I never get burned with this.