$8.24 on ULTA
4.0% CASHBACK
SHOP NOW
*2 other buying options

This product has the powerful sun protection you love, now available in a convenient, mess-free form. Suitable for both face and body, this unique wide-faced stick glides on easily. Its formulated with Helioplex® Technology which helps deliver superior broad-spectrum protection from skin-aging UVA rays and skin-burning UVB rays. Throw it in your bag for on-the-go protection when you hit the beach and beyond.

• Water resistant (80 minutes)
  • PABA free

HOW TO USE

• Apply liberally and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure.
  • Ensure complete coverage to the area above the lip, nose and tops of ears.
  • Reapply:
    • After 80 minutes of swimming or sweating
    • Immediately after towel drying
    • At least every 2 hours
    • Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
    • Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses
    • Children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor
    • After use, twist stick down prior to capping to ensure complete closure.

Drug Facts

Active ingredients

Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 15%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 10%, Oxybenzone 3%%

Purpose

Sunscreen

Uses
helps prevent sunburn

Warnings: For external use only.
Do not use on damaged or broken skin
When using this product keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove.
Stop use and ask a doctor if rash occurs

Directions: apply liberally and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure. ensure complete coverage to the area above the lip, nose and tops of ears. reapply: after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating immediately after towel drying at least every 2 hours Sun Protection Measures: Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a Broad Spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including: limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m.–2 p.m. wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor After use, twist stick down prior to capping to ensure complete closure.

Other information protect this product from excessive heat and direct sun may stain some fabrics

Inactive ingredients

Adipic acid/diglycol crosspolymer, beeswax, BHT, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, diethylhexyl 2,6-naphthalate, dimethicone, fragrance, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, neopentyl glycol diisostearate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, ozokerite, paraffin, polyethylene.

I want to know if the components of this sunscreen are safe for the skin?
How good dose this work on the skin
Start your review of Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+!
How would you rate this product?
3 years agoPanorama City, CA
I love using this! I'm a swimmer so I go sun screen like crazy and I find myself always coming back to neutrogena. I went to it because I use my face wash from here and didn't want to be over oily from using it but this product is a really good middle ground between sun protection and feeling greasy which I loveeee.
3 years ago
Love the smell and ease of using this stick. It's great for travel and very convenient to carry all the time. It works great and provides great protection from the sun. This is the only stick we buy now. Definitely recommend to others looking for a sunscreen stick.
2 years ago
Let’s start with the positives... I like way this sun stick smells! When you put something on your face you want it to smell good, right?! Secondly, I like that this sun stick is clear. It won’t leave white residue on my face. I always am worried about that and embarrassed when it happens. One thing I don’t like is that it makes my face feel greasy when I have it on. I guess that is something to be expected with most sunscreens though!
2 years agogroveland
this product kept me sunburn free and it lasts all day! this is a little pricey, but it defintaly worth it for sure! The smell is amazing i would recommend it to anyone
3 years agoVancouver , WA
I love Neutrogena's Beach Defense Sunscreen stick, it glides on very nicely, blends into skin well, works well at preventing sunburn. It's perfect to pack along in any bag and bring on the go. I feel it works just as well as other brands and types of sun screen.
3 years agoHartford, CT
This is really convenient in covering the face fast. It also does a good job in blocking the sun. It seems a little thick though. I don't see how it can be good for the skin of it clogs the pores. It also melts really easily. So if you take it outside with you it'll get really messy if you try to use it
3 years agoChicago, IL
I used this stuff all across my backpacking trip in Vietnam and Thailand and it was the veritable bomb-diggity! The fact that it's a solid meant I didn't have to worry about it exploding in my backpack, and it smelled like a cococabana dreamboat. Highly, highly, highly recommend!
3 years agoBrooklyn , NY
Quick and Easy! This NEautrogena Suncreen Stick is always in my beach bag for quick and easy touch ups. No mess, no sand, just non greasy sun protection. It's compact and always easily and readily available. I highly recommend this as a staple in everyone's beach bag.
3 years agoLos Angeles, CA
Great product. I love how easy it is to carry in my purse and is mess-free. I take it every where. Price wise is okay. I bought mine at Target for a good price. It did it's job I burn easy so this was very good. I would recommend it to others. I love it .
3 years agoTuscaloosa, AL
Love this product! So easy and quick to apply. It also stays on for a good amount of time and even stays on through some sweat! It is worth it for the price. My only complaint would be that it feels slightly greasy on my face. But, it I rub it in to a thin layer it does't usually bother me. Worth it!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
a year ago
 better to use this  Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ or the creamier version? Pros and Cons versus each? I have never used a stick version of sunscreen and want to see if I am missing out.
2 years ago
Tris J. 2 years ago
Love this! it's very lightweight and feels like a regular moisturizer. And I never get burned with this.