Neutrogena® Beach Defense® Water + Sun Protection Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30

BY NEUTROGENA #55 in Body Sunscreen

Benefits

Our oil-free sunscreen helps protect against the signs of sun damage while you’re having a fun day at the beach. This fan-favorite line is fast absorbing and lightweight, while providing beach-strength broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection. So you can easily protect your family’s skin from harsh outdoor summer elements while remaining active.

• Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB
  • Water resistant (80 minutes)
  • Oil-free
  • PABA free
  • Lightweight, fast absorbing

Active ingredient

Avobenzone 2.7% (Sunscreen)
Homosalate 8% (Sunscreen)
Octisalate 5% (Sunscreen)
Octocrylene 3.5% (Sunscreen)
Oxybenzone 4% (Sunscreen)

Inactive ingredients

Water, Dimethicone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Benzyl Alcohol, Diethylhexyl 2,6-naphthalate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica, Cetyl Dimethicone, Beeswax, Ppg-12/smdi Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone/peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Trisiloxane, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Trideceth-6, Disodium Edta, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance.

Drug Facts

Uses
helps prevent sunburn

Warnings
For external use only.
Do not use on damaged or broken skin
When using this product keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove.
Stop use and ask a doctor if rash occurs

Other information protect this product from excessive heat and direct sun may stain some fabrics

Inactive ingredients

Water, dimethicone, potassium cetyl phosphate, benzyl alcohol, diethylhexyl 2,6-naphthalate, caprylyl glycol, silica, cetyl dimethicone, beeswax, PPG-12/SMDI copolymer, ethylhexylglycerin, dimethicone/PEG-10/15 crosspolymer, trisiloxane, ethylhexyl stearate, behenyl alcohol, sodium polyacrylate, trideceth-6, disodium EDTA, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, xanthan gum, chlorphenesin, fragrance.

• Is this a good sunblock for sensitive skin? I'd hate to b...2 Answers
  • Is it better than eucerin? 3 Answers
  • I just brought because it smells good. Has anyone tried t...1 Answers
Anna G.
I LOVE THIS PRODUCT - it does everything. Scent No scent - which is great because there shouldn't be any scent in sunblock. For me, with somewhat sensitive (but mostly "normal" skin), any facial product that smells nice irritates my skin. I'll take the no scent! Absorption Great. Absorbs nicely, but it does take (as typical) 10-15 before you can reasonably apply makeup. Longevity All day! I've worn with only one application throughout the day. I can't speak about using this product alone for days at the beach, or swimming or "intense" sweating/workouts, but on a day-to-day basis I feel very comfortable about the protection coverage I get from one application. Effectiveness Great protection, even when I'm outdoors for entire day. So far, I haven't had any experience with burning or redness on days when I use this
Sarah C.
Warren, OH
I like to use this product when I know I am going to be in direct sun for a long time. I feel that the formula is strong enough that it doesn't need to be reapplied like some other products and is not oily to the point where it will make your skin break out. Although it is on the pricier side for sunscreen i think that it is worth the money
Aspen G.
Los Angeles, CA
I use neutrogena sunblock on my face because it's the only brand that one make me wake up looking like I hadn't washed my face in a week. Pimples everywhere. But I always burn a little and my cheeks get really hot and red no matter how much I put on so at least I don't break out
Erin A.
I love this stuff. I have really pale skin and I burn easily so I use a lot of sunscreen. This smells fantastic, it doesn't have that typical sunscreen smell.  It's super affordable, non greasy feeling and it soaks in way faster than most other similar brands.
Paulina O.
Union, NJ
 brought this sunscreen with me for a solo beach vacation. I burn incredibly easy, even with high SPF sunscreens and frequent application, so it was very important to have something good in a spray form which I would be able to apply on my own. It was foolproof - the spray function worked very well, my back was covered. It smells and works great. Even after 5 hours in direct sun, I was only slightly red. This is now my go-to sunscreen!
Lindsey D.
Santa Cruz
I babysit for 12 families with kids all under the age of 11. Never have I ever seen so many families and kids with this sunscreen on. The ingredients are so gentle and work amazing on all types of skin. Not only is it the most used in others families, but its also the most used in mine :)
Katia M.
19116
It is the best sunscreen for my skin
I’m using it all the time that I’m going outside
I can use it as a regular cream and my skin is very soft with that cream
I would recommend this product for everyone
Chelsea S.
Living in Florida, I'm in the sun daily and doing outdoor activities like boating and swimming almost all year-round. This sunscreen is my go-to because of its protection and feel. I hate sunscreen because a lot of brands are greasy and thick. This stuff feels light on the skin and really soaks in. I give it a 4 because it does better on dry skin rather than wet skin making it a little hard to reapply unless you fully dry off.
Lizbeth O.
This is a product by Neutrogena. This is sunscreen. I love that when I put this in my skin , my skin feels very soft and refreshing. This doesn't damages your skin. I would use this product when I go to the beach.
Alyssa W.
Antioch, TN
I’ve used this one in a pinch while traveling when my regular sunscreen brands are not available. I always put a lotion sunscreen on under any spray oils I use. And reapply every 2-3 hours. I go through A LOT of sun screen products a year since my job requires me to be outside a large portion of the day and I try to be as covered as possible since skin cancer runs in my family.
Ashley C.
Do you like the lotion you rub on or the spay sunscreen better?
Nicole H.
TRUXTON, NY
I'm looking for a good sunblock does this come in a spray
Laurann B.
Atlanta, GA
Is this greasy? I've been using the Neutrogena sheer touch and it is not as greasy looking or feeling as other sunscreens. Wondering how this one compares?
Finley T.
Does this sunscreen leave a white tint/residue on your skin? It so, does the whiteness absorb quickly or sit on the skin?
Amalfi D.
Doral, FL
Can i use this product on my kid?