Add a Photo

San T.
San T.
Oct. 8, 2016, 12:07 p.m.
Review for: With Broad Spectrum Protection
My skin is changing as I am celebrating more birthdays. But, I still enjoy the beach and tanning, and I live in the deep South where hot summer days last for several months. I was using a store brand sunscreen for a while then noticed I needed more than just basic protection. After browsing the sunscreen aisle, I found that Neutrogena Beach Drfense offered everything I needed for my skin type at a good price point. I've been using it for two years and found that it keeps my skin moisturized without the oil slick feel. It lasts for serval hours, one application is usually enough depending on how long I'm out. Also, I use it as a sunscreen under my makeup, year round, and no issue with oiliness.
Natasha S.
Natasha S.
Sept. 26, 2016, 3:41 p.m.
Review for: With Broad Spectrum Protection
I have very light skin and have burned for my entire life to the point of blistering. I've tried many basic sunscreens and finally decided to try something else. With the Beach Defense, I can stay in the sun for hours and hours without burning. I reapply after about 2-3 hours, depending on how my skin is feeling and I do try to hang out in shade as much as possible too. Events that used to guarantee burns are now burn-free and I'm so happy to have found this product! I also like that it's actually not greasy and I don't feel the need to wash my hands after applying it. It has a nice subtle smell and doesn't smack you in the face with that typical sunscreen smell.
Madeline M.
Madeline M.
June 23, 2016, 10:32 a.m.
Review for: With Broad Spectrum Protection
This sun block works extremely well. My entire family is very pale and wears sun block pretty much everyday, and this kind never fails. Although it may be more expensive than other brands, it is worth the investment if you do not want to have to reapply every hour. It's beach defense claims are true, it will not just wash off when you go in the water. It does leave you with slightly greasy hands, unlike the helioplex version, but I would say it's worth it and not anywhere near the type of greasy hands you get from cheaper brands. Also the smell of this sunblock is kind of refreshing and not the overpowering sunblock smell that most others give off.
Michelle H.
Michelle H.
Grovetown, GA
Dec. 3, 2016, 9:26 a.m.
Review for: With Broad Spectrum Protection
Our honeymoon was in beautiful sunny Australia in their summer, and this stuff was a lifesaver. I have the skin of my Irish ancestors - the sun and I aren't exactly BFFs. Down under the sun feels much more powerful than up north, but thanks to this sunscreen, I escaped without a single sunburn on a 2 week, sunny trip. It can feel pretty nerdy sometimes to be slathering lotion on every couple hours, but it is SO worth it to avoid stinging, painful sunburn and the risk of melanoma in the future! My skin is so important to me. That's why I get this strong sunscreen from Neutrogena. It works, even on the palest of people.
Ana P.
Ana P.
Got it for the first time in Aruba last year. I'm not used to go to the beach because I have really pale and sensitive skin. My aunt (that lives there, gave me this product and worked like a charm! It has a great SPF (70) and doesn't wash out in the minute I step in the water, so for the first time in forever, I didn't have to reapply every 20 min, to avoid looking like a shrimp haha. The sunscreen smell is really strong but not bad. I would not use for everyday walking in the city for that. But for the beach/pool is PERFECT. Just in case, I have a mini size bottle in my purse everytime I go out. (The one in the pic)
Megan S.
Megan S.
Pittsburgh, PA
June 9, 2016, 8:35 a.m.
Review for: Broad Spectrum
I LOVE this sunscreen! I'm very pale and I burn easily, so I need a strong sunscreen to keep me protected. On a recent vacation to the Outer Banks, I found that despite playing on the beach and swimming for hours at a time, I only needed to apply/reapply about twice per day to keep from burning. After that, I won't buy any other sunscreen. This is the absolute best. I don't know how it compares price-wise to other brands, but it isn't terribly expensive. Costco often carries a 2-pack of the sprays with a small tube included which is perfect for packing for a day out. I would recommend this over anything else.
Angie S.
Angie S.
Lenoir, NC
Oct. 1, 2016, 9:57 p.m.
Review for: SPF 70
I recently started using this sunscreen this past summer. I suffer from Lupus and MUST have sunscreen on before leaving the house. When I was looking for one, I wanted one that had a nice fresh sent, gave great protection, water-proof and sweat proof. Since Neutrogena had a Beach Defense, I felt it would cover everything I was looking for. Then when I opened it to smell it, it was heavenly! It goes on smooth, not greasy at all. Smells great and makes me feel like I'm at the beach no matter where I am! Since I've started using it, I've noticed a decrease in break outs from too much sun exposure. Love it!
Ladonna O.
Ladonna O.
Campbell, MO
June 7, 2016, 4:59 p.m.
Review for: Broad Spectrum
Started using this sunscreen this summer. We were trying to find sunscreen that worked but didn't have tons of chemicals in it. This one was a 4 on the chemical rating 10 being the worst. My husband hates sunscreen and he actually said that this stuff was pretty nice to put on. No burning/stinging and no weird smell. Used 3 bottles in Florida and no one got burnt!! It's easy to find at your local cvs, Walmart or Walgreens not a bad price and goes on smooth. Made my skin feel like I was putting moisturizer on it instead of sunscreen. 👍🏻👍🏻 Best one I've bought this summer.
Priscilla D.
Priscilla D.
Aug. 11, 2016, 7:36 a.m.
Review for: Broad Spectrum
I bought this sunscreen to go to an all incluse resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Punta cana the sun is very very shiny, it's located in the Caribbean, so you must imagine and this Neutrogena worked perfectly well. It managed to protect me from the sun even when I was on the pool or on the beach. It worked well with salty beach water and pool water. It has a very good fragrance, I was surprised when I first smell it. It leaves skin very moistured. I must say that I felt in love with this product, even though it was the first time I was using: it passed the test !
sharon h.
sharon h.
Lucedale, MS
May 21, 2016, 11:21 a.m.
Review for: With Broad Spectrum Protection
I can't never find a sunscreen that works on me. My friend uses this and recommends this to me. I found it at cvs. I used it and it's awesome it makes my skin feel so good and cool feeling. It really helped me that day and I'm so glad I didn't burn or anything. This is a great product to try for sure I would recommend this to anyone. Neutrogena u rock I love all of there products. The hair stuff is also something good to use and there lotion also. I have been using everything now. Now I will be recommending this to everyone. Thanks
Emily M.
Emily M.
Fayetteville, NC
What is this lotions scent? Also, is it a body sunscreen or just faces?
Hannah S.
Does this really work?
wendy m.
wendy m.
Ligonier, IN
can anyone tell me if this makes your skin feel oily after putting it on?
Wendy G.
Wendy G.
Montreal
Difference between 60,70 and 100 SPF? Is it true Or its just advertising?