BY NEUTROGENA

Anti-Residue Shampoo is a shampoo treatment that instantly removes up to 90% of dulling residue caused by shampoos, conditioners and styling products.

It cleans hair thoroughly and easily rinses away. Use it once a week, then go back to your favorite shampoo. You'll find that it works better than ever. Works with all hair types.

Hair is clean and residue-free.

• Non-irritating
  • Clean rinsing

Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance

Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo
  • "It got my hair clean of product build up and residue but what I found most prominent was the drying and static effect it had on my hair." in 5 reviews
Mandy C.
West Allis, WI
Beauty Junkie Expert
5 stars.. is not enough for this shampoo. I would honestly give this 100 stars, it saved my hair! I moved to the city a few years ago, and the only downfall.. the water. I get my hair trimmed every other month, I️ get it colored, and treated just as often. I’ve always washed my hair every other day, to every third day. I would wash my hair, style it, and it would look SO greasy, it actually brought me to tears. My hair is LONG so after 40 minutes of drying and styling, and then seeing what I️ thought looked like pure grease.. it was getting real annoying. I called my hair stylist and she said it had to be the water, get an anti residue shampoo. So i researched and found a bunch of brands, but this one stood out because even in my teenage years, Neutrogena was king at fighting skin problems. It’s been 3 years now, of using this shampoo!! It is absolutely magical. It pretty much eliminates every product that’s in your hair while you’re using it, sometimes it takes two washes but I have never been so happy with any product in my life, I even buy it as gifts for friends. I love high end products, and that’s mostly what I own, but I would trade them all in for this shampoo if I had to! Hair saving miracle.
Whitney G.
Neptune Beach, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
AMAZING!!! My hair will get nasty from all the build up and residue and I read about this online and had to try it. I was not disappointed! This really does what it says it does. It cleans your hair and gets all the junk out of it. It definitely isn't for every day use but it is great once a week to clean out your hair. I would definitely recommend and will continue to buy myself. I wasn't able to find it in-store but bought it online at Target. Such a reasonable price for how much you get too!
Chels A.
Hudsonville, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I LOVE THIS SHAMPOO. You can see the dirty impurities that it pulls from your hair and leave it feeling full of volume and life. I had some red coloring stuck in my hair and couldn't get it out, this shampoo took out 90% of it. I don't recommend for those who dye their hair funky colors, it will take it out. But GREAT for greasy hair or removing unwanted old color.
Katy S.
Winnsboro, SC
Beauty Junkie Expert
Overall it did well, don't expect miracles if you've always had oily hair. This is a cheaper option given versus some brands that cost more and may work the same. 4 bucks at walmart. I've always had oily hair and I suppose I will for good?
This isn't going to make your oily hair non existent.
Still I got to go 2 days without washing.
Alexandre S.
San Diego, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was recommended by my hair stylist to try this clarifying shampoo. I had never tried one before but I was told to use it to get rid of residue left from various hair products. It made my hair feel very clean and it has a fresh smell, but it also dried my hair out. I don’t think it helped much for my hair at all.
Joanna E.
Pasco , WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
When I bought this shampoo is was the first time I bought a clarifying shampoo. I was impressed! My hair felt so much softer and smoother because it helped get rid of all that buildup! I love that fresh scent and how it feels a bit invigorating on the scalp when you massage it! Definitely does the job!
Miranda K.
I have psoriasis on my scalp. My aunt recommended me to use this shampoo. With psoriasis you have to have a shampoo that diesnt leave anything behind because the slightest amount can cause undesirable itching. When I use this my hair feels to clean and I have no itching!
Katie I.
W Lafayette, IN
Beauty Junkie Expert
This shampoo is a gift from heaven!
I have really thick, blonde hair with lots of natural highlights and lowlights, and unfortunately my hair shows grease and oils pretty quickly, to the point of where I was wondering whether I had even gotten all the soap out of my hair from washing it. It doesn't help that my dorm at college has really hard water.

I have tried so many shampoos, but never really found one that could help with product buildup/excess oil-- until I found this baby. I took a chance on a product that I had never seen before or even heard of anyone using, and it was one of the best beauty choices I have ever made.  The bottle suggests that you use this shampoo in place of your regular shampoo a couple times a week, which is great for someone who already has a shampoo that they love but need a little bit of a boost. The smell is nice-- fresh and clean. I love this product so much that I find myself wanting to use it as my only shampoo.

If you are reading this review or others posted about this product, you likely suffer from hair that is meh at best or greasy and gross at its worst. Do yourself a favor and give this product a try. You can thank me later.
Anna K.
Brooklyn, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I used this when I was swimming a few times a week and it was the only thing that got the chlorine smell out of my hair in one wash. With that being said, I wouldn’t use it for every wash as it does tend to strip your hair.
Megan H.
Fulton, MO
Beauty Junkie Expert
This shampoo is great at removing product build up that leaves your hair looking lanky and limp. Also seems to really brighten my very light natural blonde hair without stripping and drying out. Pleasant smell
Lucy B.
SA
I didn't realise Neutrogena made shampoo! Is this any good for wavy hair?
Lea D.
Walnut Creek, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this product have any affect on the body and volume of your hair??
Emily S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this really make your hair look and feel better? I've never noticed "residue" in my hair, but maybe I just don't know what it would look or feel like.
Bianca B.
Royal Oaks, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Do I still shampoo and conditioner right after I use this or just this product that day?
Amy O.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a small amount for the price. To me, it is. Are there any good, comparable brands that offer more product for a better value or the same price as this? I don't like the Suave one.