BY NEUTROGENA #9 in Toners & Astringents

Alcohol-Free Toner refreshes skin without stripping its natural moisturizers.

It is specially formulated to provide clean, refreshing toning without the harsh drying effects of alcohol. Special mild purifiers gently remove impurities and recondition skin.

Skin will feel fresh and clean—without tightness, dryness or stinging.

• Oil-free
  • Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Absorbs quickly

• What does a toner really do ?3 Answers
  • After toning, can I apply my regular makeup routine?? or is it be...5 Answers
  • I have oily, sensitive and acne prone skin. I also struggle sever...2 Answers
Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner
  • "It's alcohol free which is nice for my sensitive skin and I don't like the burning or stinging of the skin most toners give." in 12 reviews
  • "I love this toner, it works really well on oily skin and wont dry it out because there is not alcohol in it " in 3 reviews
Danielle W.
Danielle W.
I just bought this toner 3 weeks ago after thinking about buying it for the past 12 years. I have been using the Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser for 12 years and this toner is right next to it on store shelves, so I've always seen it when I went to buy my cleanser. I'm not sure exactly what a toner is actually supposed to do, but if I feel like my skin is oily or dirty when I wake up and I don't have the time to wash my face that morning, I will put a little of this on an oval shaped cotton pad and gently rub it on my face in upward shrokes. Depending on how my skin is that day, I'll either leave it at that or follow with moisturizer. It leaves my face feeling fresh and clean, and I shower and do my skincare regimen at night, I won't use this at night because I don't need to, and the day after I use this I wake up with horrible acne and have to get out my expired prescription acne products to get rid of the damage this toner caused. STAY AWAY!!!
Maria B.
Maria B.
I have never used toner before. I went to get a facial one day and the lady asked if I used toner. I told her that I don't and she recommended that I did to even out my skin tone. So I decided to take her advice and did some research. I came across Neutrogena's alcohol free toner online. I read the reviews and a lot of people seemed to like the product and recommended it. I decided to give it a try. I use it after cleaning my face and before putting my facial lotion on. I love how it's very refreshing and cool on your face. I typically try to let it air dry a bit so my face isn't wet when I put my lotion on. For the most part, I do like this toner but I honestly don't see much of a change in my skin tone. I think it's just an added expense.
Francis G.
Francis G.
Miami, Florida
One- Great because it doesn't have alcohol in it. Virtually most toners on the market have alcohol in them and that's what really dries up your skin and messes with the pH balance.

Two- Using this doesn't dry your skin out. If anything, it restores your skin before moisturizing it (which toners are SUPPOSED to do).

Overall, I really like this product. I use it post washing to help get rid of the dry feeling some of the scrubs/washes can do sometimes, depending on the time of year. It leaves your skin feeling fresh and not tight/dry after use. It may not work for all, but I have average, borderline oily skin and I haven't had any issues with it drying my skin out. I'd definitely recommend this.
JENNIFER A.
JENNIFER A.
Brooksville, FL
I had never used this product until I got a chemical peel on my face a few months ago. When I was at the dermatologist they suggested since my face was peeling I should use an alcohol free toner like Neutrogena. The strange thing is I always thought toners were alcohol-free to begin with, well they're not. Neutrogena toner doesn't dry out your skin, like others I've tried... it makes your face actually feel much softer! i love the smell of it as well. My 20 year old daughter started using it, to see if it would help with her acne and it did! We love this toner and won't be switching anytime soon!
Donna A.
Donna A.
Las Vegas, NV
Neutrogena has been a reliable skin care brand for years, and this toner is a perfect example of why so many people love the brand. It sloughs away dead skin cells with alpha and beta hydroxy acids, minimizes pores, and is highly rated by users for getting rid of black heads and white heads. For those with oily skin, it's the most bang for your buck. Plus, it helps refine rough, uneven patchs on your face, leaving skin soft and refreshed with a deep clean feeling. If you have dry skin, this product will make your skin feel very tight and dried out, so it isn't recommended for that skin type.
Raina M.
Raina M.
Los Angeles, CA
I use this toner at least two times a day. Always after I shower or wash my face, and sometimes when I get home from work but I'm too lazy to wash my face right away. My skin is combination, and it doesn't strip away natural oils, so my skin doesn't feel the need to compensate. Evens out tone and complexion, and the perfect product for between washing face and moisturizer and acne treatments. I use with a cotton pad. I haven't found a toner that beats it that is worth the difference in price. The best part is it is alcohol-free so it doesn't have that alcohol dry-out feel or smell!
Lauren B.
Lauren B.
This is my favorite toner! I haven't used it in a while since I got a different toner after a facial, but I stand behind it.
It's not expensive and the bottle is a decent size. I can make it last months even when I use it twice a day.

It smells so good and it's so refreshing. It smells like the outdoors.

Just douse a cotton ball in it and that'll do the job!

It's so gentle but you can feel your pores tighten after applying. I feel like it seals in moisture and creates an extra barrier against my skin when I apply makeup. It's alcohol free so it's great for sensitive skin.
Ve-0618333 roibel s.
Ve-0618333 roibel s.
Este es el mejor de tóner de la farmacia que es adecuado para todo tipo de piel. He encontrado que hay muchos toners para la piel propensa al acné o aceitoso, pero éste en alcohol libre, muy suave, perfecto para todos, incluyendo a los adolescentes que acaba de empezar en el cuidado de la piel. Esto ayuda a equilibrar los niveles de pH en la piel, tipo de piel equilibrar mis áreas secas hidratantes, y la lucha contra el petróleo en la zona T, y está disponible en casi cualquier farmacia y la mayoría de las tiendas de comestibles, por lo tanto, de bajo costo.
Ariadna A.
Ariadna A.
Los Angeles, CA
My face did not truly start to clear up until I started using this toner. I have oily acne-prone sensitive skin and had been using salicylic acid toners for about 10 years and was still getting bad breakups. Finally, I switched to this gentler toner and never looked back. My skin is so much clearer and softer. I'm still oily, but for blemishes it's never been better! If you're prone to acne, it may be because your skin is rebelling against all of the harsh products being used.Try minimizing the amount of harsh chemicals and go for a gentler approach.
Jaclyn L.
Jaclyn L.
I have very sensitive and finicky skin, so finding products that work for me is always an adventure. That being said, I've never had an issue with any of Neutrogena's products! I've been using this toner every day for about a week, and I love it. It doesn't feel as intense as other toners that I've used, but it still leaves my face feeling a bit fresher. I love using this is the morning before putting on my makeup, because it doesn't feel like a deep-cleaning but it feels like it does the job and wakes up the skin. Definitely recommended!
Jenny M.
Jenny M.
Northfield, NJ
Does this product work?
Arpi S.
Arpi S.
Glendale, CA
After toning, can I apply my regular makeup routine?? or is it better to leave your face clean so the toner takes effect?
Chrysten T.
Chrysten T.
Saint Paul, MN
Does it give your skin a little sting?
Cristy H.
Cristy H.
Liberal , KS
What does a toner really do ?
Cassidy K.
Cassidy K.
I don't know too much about toner, if I have bad acne would this help any? If so when do I use it.