BY TOLL HOUSE #52 in Chocolates & Chocolate Candy

• Can this chocolate be used to make cookies?202 Answers
  • Love these I use for cookies and cake and baking 46 Answers
Victoria L.
Richmond, VA
The best semi sweet EVER! So simple and affordable and very common in cooking but even alone, it's a perfect indulgence of chocolate! There is nothing like a warm nestle toll house recipe cookie and as I little girl (and adult lol) I would sneak a handful of these morsels while making the cookie dough. Won't ever use another chocolate chip to make cookies!
Nicole D.
My recipe for chocolate chip peanut butter coconut walknut cookies lol

4 1/2 cupsall-purpose flour
1/2 cup of coconut
1/2 cup of peanutbuterchips
Sara G.
Springdale, PA
These morsels are my go to when baking. They melt so perfectly, taste delicious and are so easy to find and use.

My favorite recipes to use them in are my 7layer bar cookies, chocolate chips, and chocolate chip bandana bread. They are also wonderful for throwing into a batch of homemade trail mix!!
Kim T.
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 3
Always on sale! Which I love because I bake... too much. This is my go to for white chocolate too because it's easy to work with. Not that I recommend this for the health conscious, BUT if you put a TINY bit of crisco in the white chocolate while you are trying to melt it it will get VERY smooth and watery which is great for dipping things.

These are my holiday favorites for when I am making my pretzel toffee bark.
Lorna R.
I like the chips.
They are great for cooking.
Pancakes, muffins, cakes and melting for covered strawberries and other delicious treats.
You can make mixed nuts and fruits and add the chocolate chips and blend. I really like doing that for work snacks on road trips and hiking and doing fun activities. So much better then running to the fast food or getting something that is not healthy.
There is a lot of uses for these.
Kristy M.
I was given THREE of these tins over the holidays and they have been so fun to use. Cookies, cookie dough, cakes, ice cream topping, and melted for chocolate bark. My favorite use so far has been for the chocolate bark. The flavor is rich which makes additions quite complimentary. I added crushed slivered almonds, small edible pink rose petals, and pearl sprinkles for a beautiful looking bark and it tasted really nice.
Kristine O.
Marrero, LA
My favorite brand of chocolate chips! I use these when I make my mom's chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe and they are so yummy in there. I also love using them in banana bread. They even taste delicious when you just eat them out of the bag (not that I do that often). There's a reason they're classic.
Shannon C.
Bryson City, NC
These are the only chips I buy for baking purposes. I use them in muffins, cakes, cookies, and even pancakes. They don't melt at room temperature like some other brands. They have a great taste to them without being too sweet or fake tasting. The texture is great, not chalky at all, and not flaky or easily chipped. If I'm needing a special treat, sometimes I put a few chips at the bottom of my hot chocolate mug :)
Cassie H.
Charlotte, NC
I use these for everything! these are the only kind that I buy for cookies, pancakes, and all kinds of baking. They are so yummy, the perfect size and you can find them everywhere. Tollhouse really knows how to do it. They are reasonably priced as well. They will make your food taste amazing!
Genah F.
Jackson, MS
I've always used this brand of chocolate chips when baking since it's the only one that's easily available in my area, but when I look at cooking blogs/websites/etc. it seems like they're supposed to be the worst brand to get. They do the job for me though! Maybe I'll try another one and see if my opinion changes, but for now they're good to me.
Frances N.
El Centro, CA
Can this chocolate be used to make cookies?
Megan P.
San Antonio, TX
Are these good for cookies?
diana v.
Wasco , CA
Whats a good way to eat these
Erica C.
These come in various sizes, mini etc...which one do you prefer and why?
Allison B.
Montevallo, AL
Are these good to bake with?