BY TOLL HOUSE #52 in Chocolates & Chocolate Candy

• Can this chocolate be used to make cookies?202 Answers
  • Love these I use for cookies and cake and baking 46 Answers
Rebekah S.
Beale Afb, CA
I always keep a bag of these hidden in the kitchen! My husband and I both have terrible sweet tooth's so I hide them in different shelves, or drawers etc. I bake a lot and typically put them in cookies, breads, and muffins.I also sometimes just "need" my chocolate fix and don't want to run out to the store for a whole candy bar which these fulfill fully. Personal treat - keeping a little container of these chocolate chips in the fridge so they're cool and hard and just letting them melt on my tongue really helps satisfy so I don't over indulge!
Roberta W.
Fairfield, CA
I've been making chocolate desserts with semi-sweet chips for years as well as other flavors. My go to chips are Nestles morsels...they're consistency is perfect for melting and you can't beat they're flavor in a chocolate chip cookie! I've tried every flavor. .lol oops! The semi-sweet chocolate are my favorite followed by the white chocolate and butterscotch. I have tried many other brands but these are definitely the best!
Angela B.
Milton, WI
How can you say anything at all bad about something that has the word 'chocolate' and 'morsels' in one sentence? lol I cook and bake quite a bit and my fiance's fav thing in the world is good old fashioned CC cookies. So, i always have some of these yummy 'morsels' on hand. I have to hide them though, because my fiance will dig into them bit by bit and they will be gone in less than a week! So, they go in the fridge right behind the mustard, which he despises. Voila! No more morsel theft! These choc chips bake perfectly and taste wonderful.
Denise S.
Fort Mohave, AZ
I began my love affair with these wonderful morsels of delight, when I was 10 years old! Making the Toll House chocolate chip cookies for my family. When anyone wanted something sweet they always came to me! Now with so many new recipes out there, I even use them for decorations and on cheesecakes. Melt them in sauces etc. I would never even try another brand 😍 Don't hesitate to use a partial bag for a recipe! Just close the bag and save the rest for later. They taste just the same later.
Sam L.
Lake Elsinore, CA
Who doesn't know about Nestle Tollhouse? It's a reputable brand that I think (almost) everyone can say they've enjoyed at one time. They are most famously used in chocolate chip cookies and other baking recipes. The chocolate is smooth and creamy, which melts perfectly in cookies. I typically use the semi sweet morsels in my cookies to balance out the sweetness. I'm a fan & I always use them!
Amber R.
Homestead, FL
These are a staple in our house! Everyone once in a while a my boyfriend or I will get the craving for some homemade chocolate chip cookies so I always make sure I have some Tollhouse morsels on hand. I've tried other semi-sweet morsels and nothing compares to the flavor of the Nestlé ones. Not only are they a must for Tollhouse cookies, but these morsels also make a great ganache and fondue.
Bridget P.
Flint, TX
These things are awesome! I can't get my phone to take a picture right now but I love making little ghost bananas with me so what you need is just have a banana and then three little tiny chocolate chip one for each eye and then you know kind of down a little bit in in the center of those you will play one for the mail and it supposed to be a ghost like look my kids absolutely love them
Roseanna M.
Enterprise , MS
I love using these in any cookie I bake. Many of my muffins and cakes, teacher/class snacks or melted over popcorn. I'm not a fan of the semi-sweet or dark flavors but the milk chocolate and white chocolate are amazing. If I have any left over, after baking, I hide them and sneak into the kitchen to eat when no one is looking 😜 they go great in trail mix, checks mix, and anything snackable, not melted.
Madalen W.
Is it bad that I always steal these out of my mom's baking cabinet? Ever since I was little, we've used Toll House semi-sweet morsels in baking, and I've gained a healthy addiction to the little semi - sweets. I've always gotten in trouble for stealing a mug of these chocolate chips and sneaking them into my room! I love these, and would recommend them to anyone who's interested in baking, or who just wants a quick sweet snack.
Madeline M.
Use these chocolates for so many things!! My favorite thing to make with these are chocolate banana pancakes, yum. You can make so many other deserts with this or put It on your ice creams.
Frances N.
El Centro, CA
Can this chocolate be used to make cookies?
Megan P.
San Antonio, TX
Are these good for cookies?
diana v.
Wasco , CA
Whats a good way to eat these
Erica C.
These come in various sizes, mini etc...which one do you prefer and why?
Allison B.
Montevallo, AL
Are these good to bake with?