BY TOLL HOUSE #47 in Chocolates & Chocolate Candy

• Can this chocolate be used to make cookies?205 Answers
  • Love these I use for cookies and cake and baking 46 Answers
Dina B.
Whittier, CA
Yum! I remembered back to my childhood. My mom would make Nestle Tollhouse cookies! There's nothing else that will satisfy that taste. That craving. So I broke out the dough attachment and made these in the Ninja! Worked great! I added a splash of almond extract and satisfied that craving for those fresh baked, mouth watering morsels. (Cue HomerSimpson drooling sounds)
Rylee K.
Excellent chocolate chips. The milk chocolate variety is my personal favorite for when I make my homemade Reese's bars, or even for chocolate chip cookies--instead of using semi-sweet chocolate chips. Toll House is a little on the pricey side, but I would say that they are well worth it!
Samantha B.
Cincinnati, OH
These Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips are the best of the best when it comes to baking needs. My mom has used these since I was a little girl, and I have continued on the tradition through hundreds of batches of chocolate chip cookies. I have a degree in Pastry Arts and know quality chocolate well. Most chefs break down their own blocks of chocolate, however these morsels not only save me time, but they really are the tops of the flavor chain in chocolate. Heck, I even sprinkle these on my apple sauce sometimes!
Meredith C.
My go-to for baking. They have a great texture and melt really well. Personally, I enjoy using the semi-sweet when baking because dark makes many recipes too bitter and milk is just too sweet. Other than cookies, they work great in pancakes, in brownies, melted over fruit/nuts/popcorn, or just for snacking on.
Alli M.
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 2
I am baker. I love to bake! I love to bake chocolate chip cookies. Unfortunately Toll House Morsels only rate 3 stars. I find them to be a bit waxy and lacking in 'real' chocolate flavor. They are a bit too sweet for me. I have used them in a pinch, but definitely not my morsel of choice.
Alicia T.
Berkeley, CA
I loved Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookies growing up; these chocolate chips were a staple in our house. I tried a different brand a couple years ago, though, and haven't gone back to the Nestle chocolate chips since. The Nestle brand is great for baking basic chocolate chip cookies, but tend to be a little waxy [as another reviewer also said] and I think the other brand I've been using is a little better quality of chocolate.
Emily B.
Apollo, PA
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 3
I love these semi-sweet chocolate chips. I love them more than the more expensive brands too! It is the perfect classic chocolate chip cookie taste. It is a very reasonable price and if you get if during specific seasons there are always coupons out for it. The chocolate chip cookie recipe on the back of he bag is just as perfect. I haven't found a better recipe.
Stephanie G.
Louisville, KY
I use these in a lot of the baking I do. Chocolate chip cookies: yup. Oreo truffles: yup cupcakes: yup. Try melting them down and piping the melted chocolate onto wax paper in any shape or design you want to, then pop in the freezer and let them harden. They make great cupcake toppers and add that extra bit of fancy that'll push you over the edge of awesome.
Billie C.
Iola, KS
Toll house morsels are my go to every time my son asks me to bake him cookies. They are sweet and tasty and are a great price. It's hard to only use a cup in each re i.e. as they are so good you want to dump the whole bag in. I give toll house morsels two thumbs up and recommend tbem to everyone I know. This is a must in every kitchen where baking takes place.
Michelle M.
These are delicious. This is my favorite brand to use when making chocolate chip cookies or to add in brownies. Here is a diet hack ladies: if you have a huge sweet tooth like I do, buy a bag of these and keep them in the freezer. When your sweet tooth attacks, eat a few of the frozen chips. They help curb the craving and you only get a few calories that way.
Frances N.
El Centro, CA
Can this chocolate be used to make cookies?
Megan P.
San Antonio, TX
Are these good for cookies?
Diana V.
Wasco, CA
Whats a good way to eat these
Erica C.
These come in various sizes, mini etc...which one do you prefer and why?
Allison B.
Montevallo, AL
Are these good to bake with?

back