BY TOLL HOUSE #43 in Chocolates & Chocolate Candy

• Have you ever made homemade hot chocolate with these? Jus...25 Answers
  • Can this chocolate be used to make cookies?205 Answers
  • Love these I use for cookies and cake and baking 46 Answers
Erin F.
I may not always buy Nestle chocolate chips, but I always follow the recipe on the back for chocolate chip cookies. It's the best recipe I or anyone else in my family has come across and it's what I think of when I think of chocolate chip cookies. I don't do anything where meltability or other properties of the chocolate chips would matter, so the brand of chocolate doesn't matter to me so much.

Seeing this product on here made me go put two sticks of butter into a bowl to soften. I'm ready for some cookies.
Lisa F.
Melbourne Bch, FL
I'm not much of a baker, but when I need chocolate for something, Nestle is the brand I turn to. This is good quality for a decent price. I like to make chocolate dipped things and use ganache for fillings/frostings instead of canned crap or overly sugared stuff. This chocolate melts evenly and is velvety smooth in texture. The semi-sweet variety has just enough sweetness without being overly cloyingly sweet like some chips can be. Firms back up nicely in frostings without becoming brick hard. When used for dipping, add a spoonful or two of coconut oil for better texture and flavor.
Kassandra L.
Anaheim, CA
Ive used these more than i can count. The good news is this is real chocolate. You can tell if in the ingredients it says "cocoa butter." If it says "vegetable fat" its fake. Real chocolate just tastes better and thats why i go with these. I melt the chocolate in small intervals in the microwave and use it to dip fruit or create chocolate designs and so much more!
Hajera C.
Love using the semi sweet to make chocolate covered strawberries or pretzels! They're perfect. They melt very easily and hold onto whatever food I'm trying to cover in chocolate. I would recommend the semi sweet vs the sweet if you're planning on covering anything with chocolate, otherwise the sweet makes, strawberries for example, waaaay too sweet and overpowering.
Shanna F.
Oxford, MS
Back in the 1930s, Ruth Wakefield, owner of the Toll House Inn, invented Chocolate Crunch Cookies by accident. They became so popular with her customers that Nestle sent a representative to find out why one place was buying so much of its chocolate, and they ended up buying her recipe.

Toll House Morsels aren't just the BEST chocolate chips, they're the ORIGINAL ones! That recipe on the back of the bag is an adaptation of the original (they're now softer and larger), but Toll House cookies are the original chocolate chip cookies.

What this boils down to: why buy generic chocolate chips when you could buy a piece of American history? :-)
Peter C.
Middle Vlg, NY
These things are simple and amazing. Bite size goodies with no added fillers. I usually have these in my oatmeal, on the go handmade snack pack (trail mix style), and in the past few weeks. I make a post workout shake with this stuff. Throw in a banana, apple, handful of oats, milk of choice, choice of protein, and 2 handfuls of the chocolate chips, and whatever else you desire. My substitute over powder chocolate stuff
Megan M.
Resaca, GA
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 4
I will just be honest, half the time I buy these to eat with chips. Sweet and salty. They normally never go in cookies or anything. They just sit in the fridge to snack on. They can be bitter, but mmm ao good. I don't have any complaints about them and I would definitely recommend this to anyone, even if you are putting them in cookies (put extra haha)
Erin R.
Lehigh Acres, FL
I love these chocolate chips! Whenever I need to bake something (cookies, muffins, etc.) and the recipe called for chocolate chips I always use Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet morsels. They aren't too sweet where you feel like you will be in a sugar coma for days after eating a few of these. I would highly recommend them for adding these to your desserts.
Caitlyn B.
Dublin, GA
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 2
Absolutely delectable! These little morsels are a family favorite; often used in cakes, cookies, and other delicious desserts. Sometimes we even eat them straight out of the bag! They never last long in this house!

I recommend these to anyone looking for good quality chocolate chips to use in recipes. They melt perfectly into anything...including my brothers hands !
Connie M.
Apalachin, NY
I wish I had a dollar for every time I bought this product. I would be rich. These are the essential ingredient in toll house cookies. The recipe is on the back of the package. I cut it out and taped it on my storage jar for the chocolate chips. I have made these many times, and they have always come out fantastic!
I like to put walnuts in them too.
Frances N.
El Centro, CA
Can this chocolate be used to make cookies?
Megan P.
San Antonio, TX
Are these good for cookies?
Diana V.
Wasco, CA
Whats a good way to eat these
Erica C.
These come in various sizes, mini etc...which one do you prefer and why?
Allison B.
Montevallo, AL
Are these good to bake with?

back