BY TOLL HOUSE #94 in Chocolates & Chocolate Candy

• Love these I use for cookies and cake and baking 46 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Elsa Y S.
Mission, TX
These Semi-Sweet Morsels are great for baking, covering strawberries, eating alone. They aren't overly sweet. I love throwing some into my favorite cookie recipes, bread recipes, pancakes. I've even melted some in a microwave and covered fruit with them. Try making your own PB cups they make the perfect chocolate base. Have a sweet tooth? Pop a few in your mouth to curb the feeling. Whatever you decide to do with Toll House Morsels know that you won't be going wrong. It's a great product and easy to use.
samantha w.
Dayton, OH
These are so delicious for melting down and making chocolate covered strawberries it is one of my favorite ways to use this product. it is so smooth and creamy after melting down and so easy to work with. these are also great for chocolate chip cookies. if you have ever tried these I would definitely recommend you at least give it a try.
Marlena S.
When I don't have a pure dark chocolate bar for baking, these are a good replacement. They have a very nice flavor, some sweetness therefore you can probably reduce the sugar needed for your recipe. I find these are the only store bought morsels that tend to hold their shape or maintain a decent bite after being baked. In cookies, they don't melt away into a chocolate blotch instead of chocolate chip!
Shanna F.
Oxford, MS
Back in the 1930s, Ruth Wakefield, owner of the Toll House Inn, invented Chocolate Crunch Cookies by accident. They became so popular with her customers that Nestle sent a representative to find out why one place was buying so much of its chocolate, and they ended up buying her recipe.

Toll House Morsels aren't just the BEST chocolate chips, they're the ORIGINAL ones! That recipe on the back of the bag is an adaptation of the original (they're now softer and larger), but Toll House cookies are the original chocolate chip cookies.

What this boils down to: why buy generic chocolate chips when you could buy a piece of American history? :-)
Hajera C.
Love using the semi sweet to make chocolate covered strawberries or pretzels! They're perfect. They melt very easily and hold onto whatever food I'm trying to cover in chocolate. I would recommend the semi sweet vs the sweet if you're planning on covering anything with chocolate, otherwise the sweet makes, strawberries for example, waaaay too sweet and overpowering.
Lisa F.
Melbourne Bch, FL
I'm not much of a baker, but when I need chocolate for something, Nestle is the brand I turn to. This is good quality for a decent price. I like to make chocolate dipped things and use ganache for fillings/frostings instead of canned crap or overly sugared stuff. This chocolate melts evenly and is velvety smooth in texture. The semi-sweet variety has just enough sweetness without being overly cloyingly sweet like some chips can be. Firms back up nicely in frostings without becoming brick hard. When used for dipping, add a spoonful or two of coconut oil for better texture and flavor.
Kassandra L.
Anaheim, CA
Ive used these more than i can count. The good news is this is real chocolate. You can tell if in the ingredients it says "cocoa butter." If it says "vegetable fat" its fake. Real chocolate just tastes better and thats why i go with these. I melt the chocolate in small intervals in the microwave and use it to dip fruit or create chocolate designs and so much more!
Peter C.
Middle Vlg, NY
These things are simple and amazing. Bite size goodies with no added fillers. I usually have these in my oatmeal, on the go handmade snack pack (trail mix style), and in the past few weeks. I make a post workout shake with this stuff. Throw in a banana, apple, handful of oats, milk of choice, choice of protein, and 2 handfuls of the chocolate chips, and whatever else you desire. My substitute over powder chocolate stuff
Caitlyn B.
Dublin, GA
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 2
Absolutely delectable! These little morsels are a family favorite; often used in cakes, cookies, and other delicious desserts. Sometimes we even eat them straight out of the bag! They never last long in this house!

I recommend these to anyone looking for good quality chocolate chips to use in recipes. They melt perfectly into anything...including my brothers hands !
Megan M.
Resaca, GA
I will just be honest, half the time I buy these to eat with chips. Sweet and salty. They normally never go in cookies or anything. They just sit in the fridge to snack on. They can be bitter, but mmm ao good. I don't have any complaints about them and I would definitely recommend this to anyone, even if you are putting them in cookies (put extra haha)
Frances N.
El Centro, CA
Can this chocolate be used to make cookies?
Megan P.
San Antonio, TX
Are these good for cookies?
diana v.
Wasco , CA
Whats a good way to eat these
Erica C.
These come in various sizes, mini etc...which one do you prefer and why?
Allison B.
Montevallo, AL
Are these good to bake with?