BY TOLL HOUSE #47 in Chocolates & Chocolate Candy

• Can this chocolate be used to make cookies?205 Answers
  • Love these I use for cookies and cake and baking 46 Answers
Angela C.
Freeport, NY
Whether they are going in my cookies or I'm eating them alone by the handful, these sweet chips are always in my pantry! They are typically on sale at my local Target or food store so price is reasonable. Can't bake without em!
Chrystie D.
Plano, TX
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
Exactly what they said it was. A giant bag of Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Morsels. The bag comes with a pinch-seal type closure so you can keep it fresh without having to put it in another container. There were no clumps of melted-together morsels, nor were there any "white" morsels. These all looked like high-quality Nestle choco-chips just like you find in the store.
Alyssa B.
Belton, MO
I have been using this chocolate chips to make my grandmothers chocolate chip cookies for years. They're the ONLY chips I will use to make her cookies. Absolutely delicious!!
Caitlin B.
Gurley, AL
I've been a professional pastry chef and bake in my home at least four times a week. I've tried every brand of chocolate chunk/morsel/chip known to man kind. All the way from to store brand to America's beloved Hershey to Ghirardelli and beyond fancier. The truth is, this the baking chocolate to end all chocolates. It holds its shape when needed (i.e. cookies or muffins, etc.) When making a ganache, it melts so smoothly...it's like a piece of art. From ganache to chocolate frosting, it blends like a dream and never hardens. It's also delicious to just open the bag and pour it into your mouth. So in my home and in my bakery, I will never used anything besides good old Nestle Toll House (said in the Pheobe Buffet voice!).
Brandy W.
Waco, TX
Very tasty, run out of chocolate syrup these are great substitutes. Simply coat a bowl with non-stick spray and microwave them. Also goes well inside of rice crispy treats.
Samantha A.
Lincoln, MO
Nestle makes the best fudge! I use them in all my baking recipes that call for chips but I love them when I make fudge. The chocolate melts creamy and they are well priced.
Jordan B.
Literally never will I ever buy any other chocolate chips in my life. They have THE best chocolate chip cookie recipe on the back. Only chocolate chip cookies I make. Just imagine if you love the store bought cookie dough...the homemade version with their chocolate chips is even better. I know, it's hard to believe but it's true. P.S. Try the butterscotch cookie recipe with their butterscotch chips too. Delicious.
Jenny H.
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 2
Best chocolate chip for homemade cookies. Love these semi-sweet one so the cookie is not too sweet. Is a bit pricey, but you get a large amount and I love the quality.
Amanda L.
Hoquiam, WA
Some of my earliest memories are of my mother, siblings and I making chocolate chip cookies with this brand. I've tried other brands, but they are not quite the same. It needs just that right flavor to bring back those happy memories of childhood.

I can't count the number and variety of recipes in which I've used these morsels. My favorite recipes are Chocolate Banana Bread, and Double Chocolate Chip Cookies.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Banana-Bread/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=chocolate%20banana%20bread&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page (favorite recipe using this brand of morsels)
Yesenia C.
Joliet, IL
This is the only brand I use in my cookies. Ever. I've tried other brands, but none truly resemle that home-y comforting chocolatey taste that Tollhouse brings to the table. Once I couldn't help but just eat a handful (as most are guilty of doing) and I didn't have enough for the cookies I was baking (oops). My dad asked why there were barely chocolate chips in the cookies to which I responded that I had just been attacked by dementors so I needed to calm myself with some chocolate.
Frances N.
El Centro, CA
Can this chocolate be used to make cookies?
Megan P.
San Antonio, TX
Are these good for cookies?
Diana V.
Wasco, CA
Whats a good way to eat these
Erica C.
These come in various sizes, mini etc...which one do you prefer and why?
Allison B.
Montevallo, AL
Are these good to bake with?