BY TOLL HOUSE #14 in Chocolate

• Love these I use for cookies and cake and baking 46 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Natalie C.
Akron, OH
Nestle Toll House Morsels are my go to chocolate chips when baking. I put them in granola bars. Use for my sweet tooth when watching my diet. Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite cookies to bake. My family craves them. I also use Toll House Morsels when a recipe calls for melting chocolate. The morsels are rich & creamy!
Rachel P.
Woodstock, GA
You wouldn't think brand would matter in something as simple as a chocolate chip. I learned this when I was first married and made my very first batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies. The other brands just aren't the same. they don't taste the same, melt the same, and their recipes of course don't compare. I am a Toll House Girl. :)
Holly C.
Circleville, OH
They are good to cook with. Alone they don't taste so good but once you bake them with something it's like heaven. I love making chocolate chip cookies when I can. I buy them at Walmart or carnivals. I would definitely recommend getting them if you need chocolate to bake with.
Allyson H.
Gilbertsville, PA
These are the only chocolate chips you should use to make chocolate chip cookies in my opinion. I have tried dark chocolate chips (I love dark chocolate but the chips are bigger), and have tried milk chocolate, but the semi-sweet make the best cookies. My tip: I use a stick of Crisco instead of butter (and usually omit the nuts).
Erin M.
Canton, MA
Nestle Toll House chips were my preferred brand of chocolate chips (and white chocolate, and butterscotch!). My daughter now has a peanut and tree nut allergy so we have to be careful about what products we use in our home. I was disappointed to learn that the Nestle brand chips were no longer an option for us! I hope their manufacturing procedures may change in the future...
Kelly M.
Ann Arbor, MI
Obviously these go great in chocolate chip cookies, but it's surprising how well these chips melt in the microwave! If you just put a little bit of coconut oil with your chips and set them in the microwave, they melt down very very smooth. Perfect for dipping strawberries.
Jessica N.
Lakewood, CA
I have to admit that I end up buying Nestle chocolate chips a lot. They're easy to find at the store, inexpensive, and actually melt really well. When we're in the mood for some chocolate chip cookies, these are generally what we use! However I will also say that I've had better chocolate chips. For instance, Ghirardelli anyone? A little harder to find, but so good! Nestle has a slightly grittier texture than Ghirardelli. Still, they do the job.
Jonnelle R.
Secane, PA
These are my most favorite baking ingredient! Making a cake, throw some Nestle semi-sweets in. Don't want it in the cake? Add them on top of the frosting instead! There are many imitators, but the Nestle morsels are far superior. And don't try to fool me with that milk chocolate nonsense! Semi-sweet is the way to go!
Jessica E.
Alexandria, VA
Perfect for baking. Stick it in the microwave for 15 second intervals to melt it down and use, or mix it into your favorite mix! You can never go wrong with chocolate morsels (although, if you're looking for 5-star, you should really be barking up the Ghirardelli tree...)
Amanda C.
San Diego, CA
I love chocolate. It's my favorite thing in the world but when I was pregnant I admit, I used my pregnancy to eat whatever the hell I wanted. lol. My husband would catch me at night with a spoon of peanut butter and a bowl of chocolate chips. I would dip the spoon into the chocolate chips and eat it like that. Granted its not the best thing for you but I wouldn't give it up. lol
Frances N.
El Centro, CA
Can this chocolate be used to make cookies?
Megan P.
San Antonio, TX
Are these good for cookies?
diana v.
Coalinga, CA
Whats a good way to eat these
Erica C.
These come in various sizes, mini etc...which one do you prefer and why?
Allison B.
Montevallo, AL
Are these good to bake with?