BY TOLL HOUSE #14 in Chocolate

• Can this chocolate be used to make cookies?202 Answers
  • Love these I use for cookies and cake and baking 46 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Gladys A.
I've tried lots of brands of chocolate chips (yes, I'm a chocolate snob) and only Nestle or Hershey tastes great in your cookie--don't waste your money on store brand or Ghirardelli. This size package is for the serious cookie baker, but the price from this vendor I see today is more expensive than buying smaller packages in the grocery store. Sam's Club has this for under $12.
Meghan G.
Muncie, IN
Yummm!! We always use Toll House morsels when making cookies! They are very affordable and so good! There are so many choices on flavor a, and we especially like the semi-sweet morsels! We make cookies about once a month, and when we do, we use almost 2 large bags each time! Such a great treat to give to our neighbors!
Chelsea R.
These are the best chocolate chips to make things that you want the chocolate to harden again after it's been melted. They have a great taste overall though. Just when baking them in cookies you want the chocolate to stay soft but they tend to harden back up. But overall I defiantly recommend these! They're delicious😊
Camille N.
Little Rock, AR
So story time! I moved away after college and wanted to make my mom's chocolate chip cookies and I'm thinking her recipe must be some big secret because they're so good. So I call my mom to get it and she tells me it's just the Nestle chocolate chips recipe on the back of the bag. Seriously. These make the best chocolate chip cookies and are so good I thought it was some secret.
Jessica B.
Manorville, PA
I have been using these when I bake for years. These chocolate chips never let me down. I use them to make cookies, brownies, chocolate chip muffins, and I melt them to make chocolate covered pretzles. The semi sweet ones are my favorite to use!
Dawn D.
I used to love this product until I fiond out where their chocolate comes from. To save the company money, they purchase slave labor chocolate. Mostly children are exploited in this practice many of which don't live beyond the age of 22, and are subjected to horrible practices. It's not with it to me for my selfish indulgences. If they change their practices and begin to buy fair trade or organic chocolate, I will gladly support their product, but not until then.
Tracey N.
Elkhart, IN
of course this is my first to go to to make cookies! I never have liked milk chocolate I always stick with the semi sweet. be very very careful when using a double boiler or the microwave to melt because I have found these burn very easily even though I keep an eye on them
Jenna R.
Cazenovia, NY
I am all for buying the generic brand of products when it comes to general things like flour and sugar but when it comes to chocolate chips... only ONE kind suffices and that is Nestle Toll House. I have tried many different store brands of chocolate chips and those brands just don't compare. Nestle toll house is rich, and its flavors carry through when baked. I use these morsels for a lot of different things from chocolate chip pancakes to cookies.
Ashley R.
These are the ONLY chocolate chips I will use in my baked goods, you can't go wrong. They are perfect as if for a snack or a topper on some frozen yogurt or melted and in some cookies! I won't use any other kind, and you can't beat the price. 😊
Katie N.
Fort Hood, TX
These bring back so many memories of baking chocolate chip cookies with my grandma. They were always the best. And the awesome thing is that we always followed the recipe on the package. so even now, 25 years later, I'm able to enjoy cookies that taste like grandma's.
Frances N.
El Centro, CA
Can this chocolate be used to make cookies?
Megan P.
San Antonio, TX
Are these good for cookies?
diana v.
Coalinga, CA
Whats a good way to eat these
Erica C.
These come in various sizes, mini etc...which one do you prefer and why?
Allison B.
Montevallo, AL
Are these good to bake with?