BY TOLL HOUSE #6 in Chocolate

• Love these I use for cookies and cake and baking 46 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Marina D.
Shoreline, WA
There is a reason why this is a classic. One of the best for traditional chocolate chip cookies. Not too sweet or too bitter.
Shanna F.
Oxford, MS
Back in the 1930s, Ruth Wakefield, owner of the Toll House Inn, invented Chocolate Crunch Cookies by accident. They became so popular with her customers that Nestle sent a representative to find out why one place was buying so much of its chocolate, and they ended up buying her recipe.

Toll House Morsels aren't just the BEST chocolate chips, they're the ORIGINAL ones! That recipe on the back of the bag is an adaptation of the original (they're now softer and larger), but Toll House cookies are the original chocolate chip cookies.

What this boils down to: why buy generic chocolate chips when you could buy a piece of American history? :-)
Lisa F.
Melbourne Bch, FL
I'm not much of a baker, but when I need chocolate for something, Nestle is the brand I turn to. This is good quality for a decent price. I like to make chocolate dipped things and use ganache for fillings/frostings instead of canned crap or overly sugared stuff. This chocolate melts evenly and is velvety smooth in texture. The semi-sweet variety has just enough sweetness without being overly cloyingly sweet like some chips can be. Firms back up nicely in frostings without becoming brick hard. When used for dipping, add a spoonful or two of coconut oil for better texture and flavor.
Peter C.
Middle Vlg, NY
These things are simple and amazing. Bite size goodies with no added fillers. I usually have these in my oatmeal, on the go handmade snack pack (trail mix style), and in the past few weeks. I make a post workout shake with this stuff. Throw in a banana, apple, handful of oats, milk of choice, choice of protein, and 2 handfuls of the chocolate chips, and whatever else you desire. My substitute over powder chocolate stuff
Melissa  L.
Voorhees, NJ
I have used these chocolate chips since I was a kid, baking with my mom. A long standing family favorite. I also only buy Nestle Toll House chocolate chips when I bake now and I also buy them to eat alone as a snack - they're perfect for a quick sweet tooth fix.
Erin R.
Lehigh Acres, FL
I love these chocolate chips! Whenever I need to bake something (cookies, muffins, etc.) and the recipe called for chocolate chips I always use Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet morsels. They aren't too sweet where you feel like you will be in a sugar coma for days after eating a few of these. I would highly recommend them for adding these to your desserts.
Aubree H.
Fairdale, KY
I use these chocolate chips for all of my baking needs that require any kind of chocolate! It melts down easily, and doesn't get a weird after taste like most other chocolates do after melting. I love the price and I can grab it at just about any grocery store.
Stephanie G.
Accept no substitutions, these babies are the thing childhood memories are made of!

Call it successful marketing, call it conditioned brand loyalty, call it whatever you want. My mother only bought this brand as a child, and it stuck. I won't buy anything else.
Perfect for chocolate chip cookies, making hot cocoa, or just popping a few into your mouth as a small, well deserved treat. Perfect for any chocolate necessary occasion!
Maria K.
Middleburg, FL
I use these chocolate chips in all of my cookie making and backing that needs chocolate chips or on a peanut butter sandwiches that could use a little bit of chocolate to spice it up yummy. my favorite is to use them for chocolate gnash to make a doberdge cake
Frances N.
El Centro, CA
Can this chocolate be used to make cookies?
Megan P.
San Antonio, TX
Are these good for cookies?
diana v.
Coalinga, CA
Whats a good way to eat these
Erica C.
These come in various sizes, mini etc...which one do you prefer and why?
Allison B.
Montevallo, AL
Are these good to bake with?