BY TOLL HOUSE #52 in Chocolates & Chocolate Candy

• Can this chocolate be used to make cookies?202 Answers
  • Love these I use for cookies and cake and baking 46 Answers
Jackie A.
Gainesville, FL
This semi-sweet chocolate is perfect for baking. It is slightly less sweet tasting than a milk chocolate, but with all the other ingredients (especially sugars) when baking, it prevents the dessert from being too sweet to handle. The chips melt without becoming blobs of chocolate.
Kimberly H.
Gaithersburg, MD
When it comes to my baking, I take it very seriously. I refuse to reach for the generic or store brand...only Nestle Toll House morsels for my cookies, brownies, fundge, etc! I have a constant supply in the house. They melt well, blend easily and intersperse in baked goods like muffins without needing extra flour. The flavor is fresh and smooth chocolate. Not too sweet, not too bitter. They melt quickly for cooking or just as a chocoholic nibble!
Hillary G.
Philadelphia , PA
The only way to go when making homemade chocolate chip cookies! Just the perfect amount of sweetness to add into trail mix or to throw together a dessert in some crescent rolls with a little marshmallow fluff or tablespoon of peanut butter! Toll House is a timeless baking classic!
Jessica C.
Pippa Passes, KY
When the Toll House Inn invented the chocolate chip cookie on accident, the world was taken by storm. This was, in no small part, due to the popularization of the recipe by Nestle. Now, 80+ years later, the Chocolate Chip Cookie is the most popular cookie in the United States.

If you're going to make chocolate chip cookies, at least make them using the right ingredients. You can't go wrong with a bag of these chips and the recipe on the back.

Erika M.
Manteca, CA
My favorite chocolate chips ever! The recipe on the back is one of my favorites as well. Super good to add to popcorn or even to just curb that sweet tooth! I get mine at pretty much any grocery store
Ceci R.
Amazing chocolate chips! Only brand I use for making my special Christmas cookies! They are also affordable and the chocolate is rich and creamy compared to other brands! It also melts perfectly in the cooking process!
Emily A.
San Diego, CA
Love using these to bake, melt, or eat alone! They melt great (with a little butter) to make chocolate covered strawberries! They bake into many desserts well and they taste amazing when you just take a few and let them melt in your mouth! Be creative - make something chocolate!
Tiffany R.
Tacoma, WA
As someone who is the Susie-Homemaker type, I tend to bake quite often... number one request? My chocolate chip cookies. The only brand I will use is Nestle. They have great flavor and hold the shape well. Also, they freeze well and can last for months in the freezer if needed.
Milena d.
Johns Creek, GA
O que faz um bom cookie de chocolate? A qualidade dos ingredientes usados na receita. Por isso que só uso Toll House Morsels nas minhas receitas. Como são maiores que os chocolate chips convencionais, os cookies ficam muito mais saborosos, com pedaços maiores de chocolate!!!
Crystal B.
Casselberry, FL
If I'm baking a sweet I can almost guarantee that these are in there somewhere. I put them in everything from cookies of course to waffles and brownies. even throw them into some ho hum vanilla ice cream to change things up a bit.
Frances N.
El Centro, CA
Can this chocolate be used to make cookies?
Megan P.
San Antonio, TX
Are these good for cookies?
diana v.
Wasco , CA
Whats a good way to eat these
Erica C.
These come in various sizes, mini etc...which one do you prefer and why?
Allison B.
Montevallo, AL
Are these good to bake with?