BY TOLL HOUSE #52 in Chocolates & Chocolate Candy

• Love these I use for cookies and cake and baking 46 Answers
Emily d.
Lake Oswego, OR
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 3
I use these in so much of my cooking, I can't imagine my kitchen with out them. The chocolate is real, unlike some competitors. I buy them at my local Fred Meyers and they're never too expensive. I would absolutely recommend this.
Jessica N.
Lakewood, CA
I have to admit that I end up buying Nestle chocolate chips a lot. They're easy to find at the store, inexpensive, and actually melt really well. When we're in the mood for some chocolate chip cookies, these are generally what we use! However I will also say that I've had better chocolate chips. For instance, Ghirardelli anyone? A little harder to find, but so good! Nestle has a slightly grittier texture than Ghirardelli. Still, they do the job.
Selena R.
The taste off these are just so good!! When I bake with them they don't burn and melt perfectly, even after baking with them the taste is just amazing! I recently had to buy a new bag because my brother could not stop eating them on their own. This is a definite repurchase!!!
Amanda C.
San Diego, CA
I love chocolate. It's my favorite thing in the world but when I was pregnant I admit, I used my pregnancy to eat whatever the hell I wanted. lol. My husband would catch me at night with a spoon of peanut butter and a bowl of chocolate chips. I would dip the spoon into the chocolate chips and eat it like that. Granted its not the best thing for you but I wouldn't give it up. lol
Layne W.
Mount Olive, AL
I don't cook with anything but Toll House Morsels! Price wise you are only going to pay a bit more than an off brand but much better. made with excellent ingredients and the bag is completely full (a problem you can have with off brands). Easy to find and several flavors!
Donna C.
Fairbanks, AK
I love the taste of these and don't like to use any other brand. They always make great cookies and I like to melt them for use with some recipes.

I also use these when I'm on a diet. I cannot live without chocolate but I can have just a couple of these and get my chocolate fix without blowing my calorie/carb limits.
Annmarie S.
Hasbrouck Hts, NJ
These are the only brand of chocolate chips my sister and I use ! They're great on their own, over ice cream or cupcakes, and taste even better added in brownie batter ! I've repurchased these countless times ! You can't go wrong
Jonnelle R.
Secane, PA
These are my most favorite baking ingredient! Making a cake, throw some Nestle semi-sweets in. Don't want it in the cake? Add them on top of the frosting instead! There are many imitators, but the Nestle morsels are far superior. And don't try to fool me with that milk chocolate nonsense! Semi-sweet is the way to go!
Shelby S.
This product is a classic. I've been baking with these for as long as I can remember! They are good for baking and even better for eating. Great taste at a great price! I highly recommend these to anyone who hasn't had them already.
Jessica E.
Alexandria, VA
Perfect for baking. Stick it in the microwave for 15 second intervals to melt it down and use, or mix it into your favorite mix! You can never go wrong with chocolate morsels (although, if you're looking for 5-star, you should really be barking up the Ghirardelli tree...)
Frances N.
El Centro, CA
Can this chocolate be used to make cookies?
Megan P.
San Antonio, TX
Are these good for cookies?
diana v.
Wasco , CA
Whats a good way to eat these
Erica C.
These come in various sizes, mini etc...which one do you prefer and why?
Allison B.
Montevallo, AL
Are these good to bake with?