BY TOLL HOUSE #52 in Chocolates & Chocolate Candy

• Can this chocolate be used to make cookies?202 Answers
  • Love these I use for cookies and cake and baking 46 Answers
Caroline M.
Saint Paul, MN
These are the standard chocolate chip, and the semi-sweet version is the best type Nestle makes. However, they are not the best tasting and they don't cook up as well as other brands, particularly the Trader Joe's ones (which are cheaper, too). I'd just go store brand anywhere, actually - I always think store brand is better than Nestle.
Michelle W.
These are just classic. They make the best chocolate chip cookies! They never stay long in our house if they're not going in cookies or coating other sweets they're ate by the handful by my kiddos. A for sure staple of our household.
Beth W.
Lawrenceville, GA
There is always a bag of semi-sweet morsels at our house. Besides the super recipe for the best chocolate cookies ever, I like to use these in a sweet crescent roll dessert. Roll up a crescent roll up with a small handful of Chips and marshmallows, bake as directed and top with sliced strawberries and chocolate syrup... DELISH!!!
Angelica E.
Los Angeles, CA
I use it to melt the chocolate for chocolate covered strawberries, bananas, etc... It easy to melt the chocolate but if you microwave them I recommend a good container. I had a container and the chocolate didn't even melt. I used a different container and it quickly melted.
Hassah S.
Waynesburg, KY
I use these in just about every dessert I make. The best dessert i have made so far with them is the skillet cookie. Recipe is on Pinterest.They melted so easily and blended in with the recipe. Yummy! Nestlé is the best brand and these chocolate chips are of such high quality. They are sweet and great for making almost any sweets.
Holly C.
Circleville, OH
They are good to cook with. Alone they don't taste so good but once you bake them with something it's like heaven. I love making chocolate chip cookies when I can. I buy them at Walmart or carnivals. I would definitely recommend getting them if you need chocolate to bake with.
Allyson H.
Gilbertsville, PA
These are the only chocolate chips you should use to make chocolate chip cookies in my opinion. I have tried dark chocolate chips (I love dark chocolate but the chips are bigger), and have tried milk chocolate, but the semi-sweet make the best cookies. My tip: I use a stick of Crisco instead of butter (and usually omit the nuts).
Tina S.
Fort Benning, GA
Holiday season is just around the corner!! And to be honest i cant wait till its the time to start baking for family functions. Or just to make memories with the children you know you'll need up with these delicious chips in your house and you know you'll end up putting a hand full in your mouth when the kids are not around. Great taste and helps put the great flavor in the cookies
Rachel P.
Woodstock, GA
You wouldn't think brand would matter in something as simple as a chocolate chip. I learned this when I was first married and made my very first batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies. The other brands just aren't the same. they don't taste the same, melt the same, and their recipes of course don't compare. I am a Toll House Girl. :)
Jennifer S.
Mcsherrystown , Pa
Can't bake cookies and other goodies without using Toll House Morsels, I bake with my kids with them the same as my mom did with me. We also use these with my daughter who has Autism in her rewards box that her therapist uses with her.
Frances N.
El Centro, CA
Can this chocolate be used to make cookies?
Megan P.
San Antonio, TX
Are these good for cookies?
diana v.
Wasco , CA
Whats a good way to eat these
Erica C.
These come in various sizes, mini etc...which one do you prefer and why?
Allison B.
Montevallo, AL
Are these good to bake with?