Jeannalyn A.
Jeannalyn A.
Concord, CA

Can this chocolate be use to make a chocolate drink?
Bonnie C.
Bonnie C.
Aug. 5, 2013, 1:42 p.m.
Yes, I melt them with milk and make hot chocolate with them. You can also add flavorings such as coconut & almond to make almond joy hot chocolate. So Yummy!!!
Niesha L.
Niesha L.
Aug. 1, 2013, 6:34 p.m.
Oh yes get some warm milk & toss these in there & boom instant hot chocolate soooo good!:-)
Erica A.
Erica A.
June 27, 2013, 10:08 a.m.
Hot chocolate :)
Natalie F.
Natalie F.
May 26, 2013, 7:02 p.m.
There are much better products on the market to use in a drink. I would recommend trying something like cocoa powder before melting these down.
Jamie S.
Jamie S.
May 8, 2013, 8:49 a.m.
I make hot chocolate with them.
Rebecca M.
Rebecca M.
May 1, 2013, 5:07 p.m.
You can if you grind them up! Delish!
Heather V.
Heather V.
April 30, 2013, 3:08 p.m.
I have never tried it so i am unsure!
Yarid G.
Yarid G.
March 25, 2013, 4:22 p.m.
I come from a Mexican family and we always do "chocolate caliente" or "hot chocolate" when ever the weather gets nice and cold. You can use this if you melt it with evaporated milk a cinnamon stick and pinch of cayanne pepper
Rayah M.
Rayah M.
March 25, 2013, 10:59 a.m.
Yes but you should melt it first! Then it will be extremely chocolatey and amazing!
Melanie B.
Melanie B.
March 19, 2013, 9:23 p.m.
Definitely, but you might need to thin it out first, and make sure that the drink stays warm so that you don't end up with chunks. Or you can always blend it into cold drinks, like what they do at Starbucks. But for hot drinks, I would recommend a higher quality chocolate.
Yizhou E.
Yizhou E.
March 17, 2013, 4:21 p.m.
I tried to melt it slowly but got impatient. What I got was sort of a chunky chocolatey drink and it was delicious anyways!
Courtney B.
Courtney B.
March 16, 2013, 11:10 a.m.
You can but you'll want to melt them first and make sure if you're adding to milk to let it cool a little and add a little milk to the chocolate first so you can make it a more liquid consistency.
Kristyn T.
Kristyn T.
March 9, 2013, 7:47 a.m.
You can but you need to be careful not to overload the drink with morsels. As the drink cools, the chocolate can settle at the bottom and make a slush. It's still good to drink though!
March 5, 2013, 5:44 p.m.
Absolutely. I love to melt morsels slowly and add milk in. Creates a delicious and rich homemade hot chocolate!
Jacquetta G.
Jacquetta G.
March 5, 2013, 11:57 a.m.
These morsels will not hold together (melted) for a drink. I tried it a couple of weekends ago and it separated in my cup. Total failure of making my drink chocolate. Stick to the basics on this one and use cocoa or a chocolate mix made for drinks.
Elizabeth P.
Elizabeth P.
Feb. 27, 2013, 7:41 a.m.
Since these are semi sweet I would say it wouldn't make the best drink. In a blender it may work but I still feel they would have a bitter taste and chalky texture unless melted. Starbucks uses chips in there Fraps so it can be done
Candice R.
Candice R.
Feb. 17, 2013, 5:01 p.m.
This chocolate is not the best melting chocolate. It will get chunky and seize very easily. If you do decide to use these, heat the milk up on the stove, then add the chips. The easier way would be to buy cocoa powder.
Diane R.
Diane R.
Feb. 17, 2013, 1:12 p.m.
Yes, if it's a hot drink.
Amanda P.
Amanda P.
Feb. 16, 2013, 9:12 a.m.
I've tried but it never works for me. I like the smooth chocolate drink taste,and this always ends up kind of gritty when I attempt it. I'm sure there is a way to do it successfully,I just haven't figured it out yet
Monica S.
Monica S.
Feb. 12, 2013, 1:06 p.m.
Try hot chocolate in a pan! So good!
Feb. 1, 2013, 10:19 a.m.
Here is another tip. The oil will separate from the chocolate. If you try to melt them down. Be better off with a chocolate powder or syrup...
Jan. 30, 2013, 8:32 a.m.
Not really. These. Are better for baking.but if you are doing. A milkshake. Or blender drink. It is ok
Breanna O.
Breanna O.
Jan. 16, 2013, 10:58 a.m.
Yes I make hot chocolate with it!
Joanie G.
Joanie G.
Jan. 15, 2013, 11:14 a.m.
Yes you can, I use it for my Hot Chocolate. If you would like to try this is what I do. You will need of course your choice of Nestle chips(white, milk or dark),milk, heavy cream, just a pinch or so of sugar and a drop of vanilla extract. First over the stove warm up your milk and heavy cream just before it starts to boil take off stove and add the chocolate, sugar and vanilla. Let that sit (off of stove) for a minute.(that will melt your chips) Then take a whisk and mix then put aback on the stove for just a bit more for a minute or less. Poor in a mug put some whip cream on top and there you go you have a wonderful cup of Hot Chocolate!!!
Julia M.
Julia M.
Jan. 14, 2013, 1:40 a.m.
Of course .... Just melt it and stir it in
Brittany S.
Brittany S.
Jan. 13, 2013, 4:21 a.m.
I don't think it will. It will just thicken up and clump
Tabatha B.
Tabatha B.
Jan. 11, 2013, 8:07 a.m.
It never works out for me!! ;-(
Jan. 10, 2013, 7:14 a.m.
Yes you can, use 1 table spoon and melt it down in the boiler and add to your milk, cocoa and sugar in your mug and stir away. they call this hot chocolate but not hot cocoa. i add the cooca for more chocolatey gritty taste! enjoy!
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
Jan. 6, 2013, 6:34 p.m.
I haven't had success melting then adding to milk to make a drink...just buy their powdered cocoa.
Snehal J.
Snehal J.
Jan. 6, 2013, 1:56 p.m.
You can try but melting all of this, then adding it to warm milk and mixing it but I suggest just buying their chocolate milk. :)

Join Now