BY TOLL HOUSE #94 in Chocolates & Chocolate Candy

• Love these I use for cookies and cake and baking 46 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Sophia V.
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
I always like to have an open bag of Nestles Chocoate chips in my cupboard clipped tightly closed with a binder clip. When I want a tasty chocolate treat I will take out of the refridgerator a quarter of a previously made peanut butter sandwich made with Milton's whole grain bread and Laura Scudder's peanut butter. I open up the sandwich and place 4 or 5 chips on the peanut butter, put the little sandwich back together. Then I wrap it loosely in a slightly damp paper towel and put it in the microwave for just a few seconds, maybe 14. This makes such a nice, warm, gooey, tasty and even healthy treat. Sometimes I take a little dish with just about 15 or 20 chips that I microwave. Then when they are nicely melted and stirred smooth I have a little dip for a few banana slices or even a ginger snap or two. Nestle chips are good to add to bowls of nuts and or raisins. Of course they are great for baking; but it is much more fun to have a few chips here on a little sandwich or to add few chips there to bowl of nuts set on the table. Fruit slices or small ready made cookies dipped in melted chocolate chips are a real treat and a super easy very special dessert to make. A few drops of quality oil like avocado oil prevents the chocolate from re-hardening. And using the chips with fiber rich fruit and bread instead of the white flour and sugar found in traditional recipes, is so much better for my families health.
Sandra Z.
Dulles, VA
I could probably eat the bag alone. I find these just the perfect amount of sweet (not too sweet) for my crock pot hot chocolate. You literally just dump these in and they do the work of making a deliciously flavored drink. Great for baking and lots of other kitchen projects. I know you could say the same about chocolate chips in general, but in this case it's all about the BRAND. Highly recommend it always.
Katherine B.
Follow the recipe on the back of the bag to a T and you will have the perfect cookie. Not too expensive and worth the buy. I would recommend these to someone who is trying to make some gooey melt in your mouth cookies. So much so purchase worthy! I love them and I am a repeat consumer of these chocolate chips.
Dorothy C.
Ringtown, PA
Nothing beats nestle and their chocolate chips. High quality, no artificial taste and melts well. I usually put these in my pancakes and waffles because who doesn't like chocolate chip pancakes? These aren't sweet/ overly sugar so my diabetic uncle can enjoy these for a snack. I love these for baking and just an occassional pick me up.
Lauren R.
Stoneville, NC
There are so many uses for Nestle's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels. Once I open the bag, I keep my chips in a glass jar in my cabinet. This way they stay fresh. I use them in in chocolate chip cookies or a to cover oreo balls. They melt down smooth and creamy so that they can cover strawberries as well.
Jordan M.
These are awesome to bake with in my opinion. Semi-sweet is the way to go if you're making chocolate chip cookies. A lot of brands make their chocolate chips too sweet, but Nestle doesn't. They have a genuine chocolate flavor that a lot of chocolate chips seem to lack. Definitely worth a repurchase.
Liane N.
Largo, FL
I absolutely always have to have some of these in my house. My boyfriend and I are always making goodies and we love chocolate. I put these on my ice cream, I eat them by themselves - cookies brownies bread you name it I want chocolate in it and these are the best!
Heather C.
Lake Village, AR
If you ever grab one of these bags and flip it over to see that famous chocolate chip cookie recipe then you know my love for these. They make cookies just perfect. and that is by far the best cookie recipe as long as you add pecans or walnuts to them
Ashley H.
Hamilton NJ
Who doesn’t have a bag of semi sweet morsels in their kitchen? Any bakers absolute must have. From cookies to melting them down for chocolate covered strawberries these are perfect. My husband eats them straight out of the package!
Jordan W.
I love them so sweet and yummy! So many different things you can do it’s a great value so many flavors to choose from with this company! I got this at my local Kroger. Totally worth getting again, which I have already I’m cooking!
Frances N.
El Centro, CA
Can this chocolate be used to make cookies?
Megan P.
San Antonio, TX
Are these good for cookies?
diana v.
Wasco , CA
Whats a good way to eat these
Erica C.
These come in various sizes, mini etc...which one do you prefer and why?
Allison B.
Montevallo, AL
Are these good to bake with?