BY NESTLÉ

The delicious nibble everyone loves! Colourful coated chocolate confectionery in a variety of individual, multi-pack or special occasion formats. A long-time favourite in many countries including the UK, Germany, Australia, South Africa and Canada. Initially named 'Chocolate Beans', the Smarties brand has held a special place in people's hearts since 1937.

Continuous product improvements, including a shift to no artificial colours or flavours, ensure that Smarties brand remains a popular choice for kids and adults alike.

• Okay what are these, I've heard of them and I know they are diffe...11 Answers
  • I have never seen these...where do they sell them at?2 Answers
  • Is it better than m&m's ?1 Answers
Nestlé Smarties
  • "The candy coating on the outside is very sweet and chocolate inside very rich :)" in 7 reviews
  • "I used to eat them as a kid and they were the best chocolate candies, way better than M&M's." in 5 reviews
  • "One of my favourite chocolate candies growing up mom used buy them for me all the time now i occasionally buy them...lol used to save the red ones last." in 5 reviews
  • "When I think of smarties I think of the pale colored candies that are in the clear plastic roll, not another candy coated chocolate. " in 3 reviews
Julie P.
Brooklyn , OH
I grew up eating Smarties in Canada. For anyone who has never tried them, they are like M&Ms but better in every way.

The chocolate is more sweet and the candy coating is thinner and crunchier.

I buy them every time I visit my family in Canada. The only issue I’ve noticed is that depending on the packaging the Smarties are either thinner or thicker. I’ve never heard of anyone else noticing this, but to someone whose eaten a lot of Smarties through the years I noticed it right away. I prefer the thinner Smarties to the oval/thicker ones.
Kemi Q.
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways! LOL! I grew up eating these overseas and really missed them. I also have a soybean allergy and was pretty sure even if I found them I couldn't eat them. Low and behold browsing around one day I discovered that Nestle opted for a more natural route and took the soy lecithin out of them. I decided to test them out and  discovered them being sold on Amazon and at a British tea store nearby. I am now a regular buyer and love them! They are every bit as good as I remember. Not super chocolaty but yummy candy.  I don't know what to compare them with but I think the taste is more towards candy than chocolate. Very good! Pricey when you add shipping but make a nice treat. Have to hide them from the rest of the family that does eat soy.
Gene V.
Danbury, CT
OMG, I this my my m&m back in the day. They used to sell this in my school and I always thought m&m's and these were same thing. Now I obviously can tell the difference. I havent seen one sold in the stores nearby me, or maybe I just havent noticed it.
Charlene T.
Steinbach , MB
I used Smarties as the candy pieces in my monster cookie recipe which is posted on my website www.prairieliving.ca and they were the perfect pairing! They held their color when baked and added a nice bit of crunch to the chewy cookie. The best part is they are nut free which makes them safe to share in school.
Sophia V.
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
Not as good like the Canadian Cadbury smarties!  These have a weird taste as they are European chocolate so if you are trying to take a shortcut in time to get these instead of the 2 week wait to get the Canadian ones then you will be sorry. If you are looking for the German ones you will be happy.
Tina D.
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 2
These were something me and my sisters liked when we was little we used them as candy pills. They compare fine to others and are very affordable not pricey at all
Lindsay L.
Smarties are one of my favorite candies. There is no other candy quite like them and I love how inexpensive they are! When I have a sweet craving this is the kind of candy I want!
Ashley S.
I lived in Australia for several years and this was a very typical chocolate candy treat. While I do miss many things from Australia, including chocolate selection this is not one of them. Smarties have a very distinct, strange, cheap taste and its like there is more shell than chocolate... something maybe you'd buy for a budget safe random stocking stuffer for someone you're not great friends with..  although I actually don't remember how much they cost in comparison to other similar candy, that's just the vibe/taste they have. My personal stance is you're better off just sticking with M&M's.
Ramona S.
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 2
Been eating these my entire life; they're very similar to m&ms but the chocolate tastes distinctly different. The colorful shells also made a great decoration for cupcakes cakes etc
Dominique N.
Smartiiiesssss :) yet another favorite! Fun little colorful chocolate bites. Great taste, not too rich! Creamy and delicious. Purchased this online from a South African store (hard to find here) worth the price and will continue to buy :)
Aisosa O.
Hyde Park, MA
Where can you get these?Were these discountinued? I never heard about these candies before
Sarah C.
Slinger, WI
Okay what are these, I've heard of them and I know they are different for American smarties, but what are they?
Emma P.
San Francisco, CA
Does anyone know if these are sold in the US?
Jaime N.
Halifax, NS
Do you eat the RED ONES last?
Courtney S.
Abingdon, MD
Where do you find these? I am in the USA and I have never seen nor heard of these but am very interested!