Nest Learning Thermostat

• What temperature do you set the thermostat before you go ...2 Answers
  • Is this an easy swap to install yourself? Have you found ...1 Answers
Nest  Learning Thermostat
Nest Learning Thermostat
  • "If you think that the temp is not going to be what you want it to be when you get home just check your pc or iphone and find out what the temp is and either warm it up or cool it down which ever." in 6 reviews
Taylor C.
Navarre, FL
Decorator Expert Level 1
There are so many things I love about this thermostat. You can program a set schedule for the heat and air temperature and what time you wish for it to make different changes. The thermostat also can learn from your actions over time and adjust itself. I especially like the away settings so that if we are out of town our air conditioning will not turn down like it would if we were at home. Also, you can use the app to see if you had greater usage one day to the next and why that is such as weather changes or less or more away time. The Nest customer service team is amazing. Our thermostat has moved with us into 3 different houses and they have always been so helpful when we needed it. I absolutely recommend it!
Himashi A.
Richmond, VA
I am one of those remove plastic wrap from everything kind of guys. Guess what, that isn't plastic wrap on the entire bottom of the Nest ring itself. It's the sensors. Don't scuff up your Nest!

It took longer to unbox it then it did for me to install it. It helps that I only had 2 wires, red & white to connect. Connected to my Wifi easily. It then downloaded a software/hardware update 3.01. After that it was pretty painless.

Looks great on the wall. If you think the stainless ring reflects the color of your wall like they say it does, then you are willing it to happen.

I never had the Nest 1 to compare it to but this one is very sharp looking. Everything in the box was well packaged.

Mainly got this unit for the fuel savings and the fact that it does not need a "C" wire to work like every other fancy thermostat.

Android app works perfectly over 4G or Wifi. Running ICS on a Droid Razr.
Amber H.
Ferris, TX
I am so in love with my Nest thermostats! I have two in my home and love everything about it! We have saved already with its learning feature and being able to adjust the temperature from our phones! We are looking at getting their cameras as well!
Joshua B.
Elizabethtown, PA
I've had this for about 2 months, and I have mixed feelings on it. It hasn't really learned what temperature to keep the house at and has left me wishing I could just program it manually. It looks amazing on my wall though
rowina k.
The nest works amazing only if your thermostat is in a high traffic area.  I had mine installed right by the stairs and it wirks perfectly.
Rachel L.
Kelowna, BC
This smart thermostat is great it remembers what you have done in the past and adjusts accordingly. It also has a eco setting that saves energy and money.
Massiel H.
I work for a technology company and get a great discount so I decided to buy this device. The install was easy. I don't see the savings though even though I have it on a schedule where we are barely ever touching the thermostat. It's a nice look and the use of the application is great just not sure what it's supposed to be saving.
Megan S.
Decorator Expert Level 2
I absolutely love our nest. It has saved us a tremendous amount of money and energy. Extremely effective. Also it's very fun to use. You can control it by downloading their online app on your phone. On the app you can turn off your thermostat if you want or change the settings or temperature while laying in bed. Absolutely love it!!
Danny C.
Springfield, MA
I purchased a nest thermostat when I purchased my home and let me tell you that this thing is guaranteed to help you save on energy especially with the home/away setting so that you are not heating an unoccupied home and can set a schedule or let it learn your habits and will construct settings based on your usage.
Varaprasad I.
Ashland, MA
Nest keeps learning faster than any other smart thermostats. I can connect it to my nest protect or nest cam making it a fully connected home. I want more ai feathers like Siri or echo maybe they are coming
Rachel C.
Austin, TX
Can this be used in an apartment or rent house, or is it more permanent?
Daniela c.
Budd Lake, NJ
People who don't own it are giving it an A. How is this possible? Someone who actually ownes one... Do you think it's worth the money?
Selena B.
Tacoma, WA
How would you compare the savings vs. the cost of the product? I have been looking into purchasing the nest but have hesitated because it is a bit pricey.
Maya W.
Plano, TX
Are there any physical stores where you can test it out?
Alyssa F.
Is it worth getting? I want to get it for my moms birthday maybe but its almost $300! And where should i buy it from?