Nest Learning Thermostat

• What temperature do you set the thermostat before you go to bed t...2 Answers
  • Is this an easy swap to install yourself? Have you found lower el...1 Answers
Nest  Learning Thermostat
Nest Learning Thermostat
  • "If you think that the temp is not going to be what you want it to be when you get home just check your pc or iphone and find out what the temp is and either warm it up or cool it down which ever." in 6 reviews
Angelia C.
PENSACOLA, FL
My power bill went down a month after using this, scheduling is great. I can even sit in bed- access the app and VOILA change the settings when I am hotter then hell from my dogs laying on top of me at night. A real blessing and the customer services dept helped us install this ourselves. My husband will not use anything else ! We are slowly transitioning everything to NEST.  Nest Learning Thermostat
Chessney R.
Knoxville , TN
This thermostat is so cool and super easy to install. I was worried it wouldn’t be compatible with my old thermostat since it was installed in 1993 but it was and Nest gave me the exact diagram on how to install it. The schedule is cool because I can have it cold at night and have it warm up around 6 which is 30 minutes before I get up. I love this little device so much.
Massiel H.
I work for a technology company and get a great discount so I decided to buy this device. The install was easy. I don't see the savings though even though I have it on a schedule where we are barely ever touching the thermostat. It's a nice look and the use of the application is great just not sure what it's supposed to be saving.
Brittany T.
Hilliard, OH
We love our nest!  It's awesome to be able to adjust thermostat while home or away.  Additionally, love the fact you can use with amazon's echo.  Only complaint is the "home away" always kicks on during the day while I'm asleep (night shift worker), so I wake up and the house is warm.  Other than that, no complaints and did notice a pretty hefty drop in electric bill once thermostat was installed.
Taryn W.
Fort Wayne, IN
We received this as a wedding gift and it was hands-down the best present we got! It may seem expensive for a thermostat but the savings are ultimately worth it. It's so convenient and easy to use. We travel a lot and the app lets us change the temperature when we leave and come home. The eco-settings help us save energy and cut down on our heating and cooling bills! We also love that we'll be able to take it with us wherever we move.
Alix G.
My roommate had this in the house when I moved in and I thought it was so cool so when I moved in with my boyfriend and he decided to get one of these I was so excited it's has so many cool features and it does safe a lot of energy! I have the app that lets me change the temperature when I'm not home! It also looks so much better then other thermostats. Would recommend and the price is perfect if you really think about it.
Danny C.
Springfield, MA
I purchased a nest thermostat when I purchased my home and let me tell you that this thing is guaranteed to help you save on energy especially with the home/away setting so that you are not heating an unoccupied home and can set a schedule or let it learn your habits and will construct settings based on your usage.
Jayme H.
I didn't think I'd ever be so excited about a product like a thermostat. I've had a Nest thermostat for almost a year and I don't think I could ever go back! I love the app integration because it lets you check and program your Nest remotely. My energy bills have decreased 30% because it's so easy to customize your energy usage to your schedule.
Kathryn B.
Sunnyvale, CA
So almost a year ago my husband and I moved into a new house. Since that time my husband never did figure out how to use the thermostats. The one in his office never even got backup batteries put in it, so if the power went out it would just flash at him. Well we decided a change was needed. We purchased 3 Nest thermostats to replace the 3 thermostats in our house. What a difference this has made. In the month we have had them our energy bill went down by about 15%. Some of that is the weather, but some of it really has been these thermostats.

They were very simple to install, and I love the stickers that are in the instructions to help mark your wires when you remove your old thermostat. Once they were installed within minutes they were up and running. In less then a week they were able to auto detect when we weren't home. And unlike a traditional thermostat where you need to program when you want the temperature changed, the nest learns when you like it changed. From this it has created its own schedule. Now I find that I come home and the house is just the right temperature and when I am putting my daughters to bed the upstairs is already just right. I also adore being able to adjust the temperature from my bed or the couch with my iphone or ipad.

Oh and as for my husband, now that the interface is simply to turn and push to make changes he has no problem working with our thermostats.

I recommend these thermostats to anyone looking for a simpler solution.
Yvonny J.
Meridian, ID
Decorator Expert Level 2
I love my Nest thermostat!! The main reason why is because it saves money. I also love that you can control the temperature with your phone on their app. I would say this thermometer is pretty pricey but I think within a year or 2 years it pays itself off. I have noticed my bills aren’t as expensive! I recommend for sure.
Rachel C.
Austin, TX
Can this be used in an apartment or rent house, or is it more permanent?
Daniela c.
Budd Lake, NJ
People who don't own it are giving it an A. How is this possible? Someone who actually ownes one... Do you think it's worth the money?
Selena B.
Tacoma, WA
How would you compare the savings vs. the cost of the product? I have been looking into purchasing the nest but have hesitated because it is a bit pricey.
Maya W.
Plano, TX
Are there any physical stores where you can test it out?
Alyssa F.
Is it worth getting? I want to get it for my moms birthday maybe but its almost $300! And where should i buy it from?