Nest Learning Thermostat

• What temperature do you set the thermostat before you go to bed t...1 Answers
  • Is this an easy swap to install yourself? Have you found lower el...1 Answers
Nest  Learning Thermostat
Nest Learning Thermostat
  • "If you think that the temp is not going to be what you want it to be when you get home just check your pc or iphone and find out what the temp is and either warm it up or cool it down which ever." in 6 reviews
Chessney R.
Knoxville, TN
This thermostat is so cool and super easy to install. I was worried it wouldn’t be compatible with my old thermostat since it was installed in 1993 but it was and Nest gave me the exact diagram on how to install it. The schedule is cool because I can have it cold at night and have it warm up around 6 which is 30 minutes before I get up. I love this little device so much.
Massiel H.
I work for a technology company and get a great discount so I decided to buy this device. The install was easy. I don't see the savings though even though I have it on a schedule where we are barely ever touching the thermostat. It's a nice look and the use of the application is great just not sure what it's supposed to be saving.
Brittany T.
Hilliard, OH
We love our nest!  It's awesome to be able to adjust thermostat while home or away.  Additionally, love the fact you can use with amazon's echo.  Only complaint is the "home away" always kicks on during the day while I'm asleep (night shift worker), so I wake up and the house is warm.  Other than that, no complaints and did notice a pretty hefty drop in electric bill once thermostat was installed.
Alix G.
Home Sweet Home Expert Level 2
My roommate had this in the house when I moved in and I thought it was so cool so when I moved in with my boyfriend and he decided to get one of these I was so excited it's has so many cool features and it does safe a lot of energy! I have the app that lets me change the temperature when I'm not home! It also looks so much better then other thermostats. Would recommend and the price is perfect if you really think about it.
Danny C.
Springfield, MA
I purchased a nest thermostat when I purchased my home and let me tell you that this thing is guaranteed to help you save on energy especially with the home/away setting so that you are not heating an unoccupied home and can set a schedule or let it learn your habits and will construct settings based on your usage.
Jayme H.
Home Sweet Home Expert Level 1
I didn't think I'd ever be so excited about a product like a thermostat. I've had a Nest thermostat for almost a year and I don't think I could ever go back! I love the app integration because it lets you check and program your Nest remotely. My energy bills have decreased 30% because it's so easy to customize your energy usage to your schedule.
Kathryn B.
Sunnyvale, CA
So almost a year ago my husband and I moved into a new house. Since that time my husband never did figure out how to use the thermostats. The one in his office never even got backup batteries put in it, so if the power went out it would just flash at him. Well we decided a change was needed. We purchased 3 Nest thermostats to replace the 3 thermostats in our house. What a difference this has made. In the month we have had them our energy bill went down by about 15%. Some of that is the weather, but some of it really has been these thermostats.

They were very simple to install, and I love the stickers that are in the instructions to help mark your wires when you remove your old thermostat. Once they were installed within minutes they were up and running. In less then a week they were able to auto detect when we weren't home. And unlike a traditional thermostat where you need to program when you want the temperature changed, the nest learns when you like it changed. From this it has created its own schedule. Now I find that I come home and the house is just the right temperature and when I am putting my daughters to bed the upstairs is already just right. I also adore being able to adjust the temperature from my bed or the couch with my iphone or ipad.

Oh and as for my husband, now that the interface is simply to turn and push to make changes he has no problem working with our thermostats.

I recommend these thermostats to anyone looking for a simpler solution.
Himashi A.
Richmond, VA
I am one of those remove plastic wrap from everything kind of guys. Guess what, that isn't plastic wrap on the entire bottom of the Nest ring itself. It's the sensors. Don't scuff up your Nest!

It took longer to unbox it then it did for me to install it. It helps that I only had 2 wires, red & white to connect. Connected to my Wifi easily. It then downloaded a software/hardware update 3.01. After that it was pretty painless.

Looks great on the wall. If you think the stainless ring reflects the color of your wall like they say it does, then you are willing it to happen.

I never had the Nest 1 to compare it to but this one is very sharp looking. Everything in the box was well packaged.

Mainly got this unit for the fuel savings and the fact that it does not need a "C" wire to work like every other fancy thermostat.

Android app works perfectly over 4G or Wifi. Running ICS on a Droid Razr.
Brenda G.
Home Sweet Home Expert Level 3
Best looking thermostat on the market. The more you use it the less you have to use it. Install is easy just remember to turn off the power to the furnace and ac at the breaker. Great color options with newer models. Existing thermostat needs to be powered not battery operated.
Tony B.
Lisle, IL
Home Sweet Home Expert Level 1
This thermostat is amazing. The features are endless and it's awesome how you can control your homes temperature through your phone. It's also amazing if you have amazon Alexa, you can literally tell her to change the temperature and they will communicate between each other!
Rachel C.
Austin, TX
Can this be used in an apartment or rent house, or is it more permanent?
Daniela c.
Budd Lake, NJ
People who don't own it are giving it an A. How is this possible? Someone who actually ownes one... Do you think it's worth the money?
Selena B.
Tacoma, WA
How would you compare the savings vs. the cost of the product? I have been looking into purchasing the nest but have hesitated because it is a bit pricey.
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
How much can you hope to save on your bill each month with this?
Chantal H.
Irvington, KY
Would you recommend this product?