Nest Learning Thermostat

• What temperature do you set the thermostat before you go to bed t...1 Answers
  • Is this an easy swap to install yourself? Have you found lower el...1 Answers
Nest  Learning Thermostat
Nest Learning Thermostat
  • "If you think that the temp is not going to be what you want it to be when you get home just check your pc or iphone and find out what the temp is and either warm it up or cool it down which ever." in 6 reviews
Taryn W.
Fort Wayne, IN
Home Sweet Home Expert Level 1
We received this as a wedding gift and it was hands-down the best present we got! It may seem expensive for a thermostat but the savings are ultimately worth it. It's so convenient and easy to use. We travel a lot and the app lets us change the temperature when we leave and come home. The eco-settings help us save energy and cut down on our heating and cooling bills! We also love that we'll be able to take it with us wherever we move.
Jill S.
Alabaster, AL
I love my Nest thermostat for so many reasons. First, it is aesthetically stunning and I get so many compliments from friends. I love that the Nest learns your temperature preferences and eventually you don’t have to adjust it because it knows you. It also knows when you are away from home and adjusts accordingly and when you return home it recognizes that as well and gets the house to your preferred temperature. The fact you can control it from your cell on it’s app is impressive also. The cost is extremely reasonable as well and my power bill has been much lower since we installed the Nest!
Chessney R.
Knoxville, TN
This thermostat is so cool and super easy to install. I was worried it wouldn’t be compatible with my old thermostat since it was installed in 1993 but it was and Nest gave me the exact diagram on how to install it. The schedule is cool because I can have it cold at night and have it warm up around 6 which is 30 minutes before I get up. I love this little device so much.
Yvonny J.
Meridian, ID
I love my best thermostat!! The main reason why is because it saves money. I also love that you can control the temperature with your phone on their app. I would say this thermometer is pretty pricey but I think within a year or 2 years it pays itself off. I have noticed my bills aren’t as expensive! I recommend for sure.
Bradley R.
Sedalia, MO
The Nest is super easy to install. I couldn’t believe it. I am curious to see if it saves us money. I downloaded the app and am able to control it wherever I am, change settings, and many other things.
Anna A.
Washington, DC
After having the device for close to a year, the device has already paid for itself. My electric bill has drastically declined. Not only is the Nest sleek and modern, it’s easy to use and set up. Whether you use the device or the app, the Nest learns your habits.
Taylor C.
Navarre, FL
Home Sweet Home Expert Level 1
There are so many things I love about this thermostat. You can program a set schedule for the heat and air temperature and what time you wish for it to make different changes. The thermostat also can learn from your actions over time and adjust itself. I especially like the away settings so that if we are out of town our air conditioning will not turn down like it would if we were at home. Also, you can use the app to see if you had greater usage one day to the next and why that is such as weather changes or less or more away time. The Nest customer service team is amazing. Our thermostat has moved with us into 3 different houses and they have always been so helpful when we needed it. I absolutely recommend it!
Amy B.
Milwaukee, WI
We've had our Nest installed for about 6 months now and it seems to be working exactly as we expected it to. Installation was super easy (even on a 30+ year old thermostat) and only took about 20 minutes. Really the learning curve was in using the app and getting it connected to the Nest. We also have an Echo and so far have been unable to link it to our Nest. I'd say I'm upset about that but considering I can control the Nest from my phone it isn't that big of a deal. It does seem like it's truly learning our preferences, and I like that I'm able to adjust the temperature from my phone if I wake up in the middle of the night. So far so good! :)
Kym B.
Athol, MA
We love our Nest.
We have wanted one of these since they came out, and with the purchase of our new house, we thought it was the perfect time to finally buy one.
We bought a copper Nest and it's so beautiful and eye catching. It's cool that when you walk by, it senses you and the screen flicks on and tells you the temperature.
Our Nest was very easy to install and took less than half an hour. We have already noticed it paying itself off. You are also so much more mindful of how much you use the heat in your house. You can adjust the Nest with your phone when you are not home (or if you're simply too lazy to move from bed but it's getting too hot in the house! Lol!)
It learns and adjusts to you and can set temperatures for the night and for when you're away at work.
This is one of the best purchases we've made! We definitely recommend it. It is worth the price because it will pay itself off.
Megan S.
Home Sweet Home Expert Level 1
I absolutely love our nest. It has saved us a tremendous amount of money and energy. Extremely effective. Also it's very fun to use. You can control it by downloading their online app on your phone. On the app you can turn off your thermostat if you want or change the settings or temperature while laying in bed. Absolutely love it!!
Rachel C.
Austin, TX
Can this be used in an apartment or rent house, or is it more permanent?
Daniela c.
Budd Lake, NJ
People who don't own it are giving it an A. How is this possible? Someone who actually ownes one... Do you think it's worth the money?
Selena B.
Tacoma, WA
How would you compare the savings vs. the cost of the product? I have been looking into purchasing the nest but have hesitated because it is a bit pricey.
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
How much can you hope to save on your bill each month with this?
Chantal H.
Irvington, KY
Would you recommend this product?