BY MODELO

Negra Modelo™ La Crema Dela Cerveza.
1925.
Imported beer from Mexico. see more...

• What's the best Mexican dish that pairs with this beer?11 Answers
  • Is this any good?No reviews yet.5 Answers
Buy on Walmart
  • "Be sure to rim your glass with lime., I love this dark beer with Mexican food it is one of my favorites an it pairs great with summer," in 3 reviews
Sasha L.
Seattle
One of my favorite Mexican beers. Sometimes you want something a little darker and heavier than corona, Pacifico or tecate. This fits the bill. It’s not too bitter or heavy but has nice chocolate notes and is not hoppy at all. Even my mom who mostly likes fruity or light beers likes this beer. Ironically the filter will not let me say the name of the beer in the review.
Cricket K.
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
I LOVE this with any Mexican food. It's been my favorite for YEARS! It's a little heavier than a few others, but the flavor is so enjoyable and refreshing. It balances so incredibly well with the spices of any Latin dish. I LOVE IT! Though, I will only drink it with Mexican food. For some reason, when it's by itself, it's too heavy and too rich to fully enjoy. Next time you're at a Mexican restaurant, looking at what to drink with your Carne Asada or your Fajitas, get one of these. I promise you. It's PERFECT.
Jillian M.
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
Negra Moldelo is a great beer. It is crisp and fresh and the bottles are freaking adorable too. A guy I used to do theatre with always brought this to cast parties and he got me hooked. the value is excellent for the price and very tasty.
Amberjean G.
Kaplan
Pretty good but definitely not as dark as I was expecting. Yes darker than most big brand beers. First time buyers probably won’t buy again but I’d drink if it was at a party. I do like it better than original.
Mari G.
Dallas, TX
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
I love a strong dark ale. Negra Modelo not only satisfies this, it exceeds my every expectations me craving. Great price and high quality. This is a staple in my home when I just want to relax or when I'm having a party.
Mari M.
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
The best to make micheladas with. The bitter taste of the beer works great with the Clamato. When I use others beers the Clamato is too strong and the michelada ends up tasting like too much tomato.
Monica P.
This is my favorite beer i call it "the heavy duty beer" just because its strong but yet delicious. Love it! its super delicious with a Michelada it gives the michelada a twist on the flavor. I recommend this beer for people who like dark beer if refreshment you want then should go with something lighter!
Candace N.
Fort Wayne, IN
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
I really like it and it  has an amazing bold taste that I love and its a good value as well.  Es como una fiesta grande. Meaning , Its like a big party. Whenever I drink it I feel like I'm at a big fiesta in Mexico. It met all my expectations and I would buy it again and recommend it to others as well.
Sarah M.
Fairfield, CA
I grew up with a family that constantly drank this beer so it was only right when I became of age to grab a 6 pack. It is good but heavy. I feel that it stands up against its competitors in the cerveza category. I will always recommend this beer to friends if they have never tried it before!
C A.
Grand Rapids, MI
This beer has such a good flavor! I tried it a few months ago and now use it as my go to beer. It has a great flavor and is a little bit darker than the normal Modelo most people are used to. It is a great price for a quality beer and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys drinking beer.
What's the best Mexican dish that pairs with this beer?
Connie B.
Powell, TN
Happy Hour Expert Level 5
Is this any good?No reviews yet.