Necco Tropical Wafers
Top Questions See all 72 Q&A
- "I love them they were so good , I love the flavors : Passion Fruit, Strawberry, Banana and Mango - I'm such as sweet person." in 38 reviews
- "They smell really good and the actual flavor is not bad... That being said, you do have to suck on them before you bite them or else you will completely hate them, and yourself for doing that." in 12 reviews
- "The subdued and subtle flavor of Necco wafers actually works well with these new tropical ones, they are pretty good." in 11 reviews
- "Also these candies are very chalky I prefer to let them melt on my tongue than chew them." in 11 reviews
- "I honestly couldn't figure out what it was) that I wasn't a huge fan of, but I surprisingly loved the lime and mango ones (and I normally hate those)." in 10 reviews
Let's start with the positive. The strawberry was pretty good. It reminds me of strawberry pez. Mango wasn't bad. Unfortunately that is about where I run out of positive to say. It isn't that they are terrible, it is more so that they just aren't something I enjoy. Ever have a stomach ache and pop some tums? That is pretty much what these are but they won't help your tummy. They are hard and crunchy, powdery and chalky, and the flavors are pretty fake tasting. The lime was by far the worst. It tasted like bathroom floor cleaner. I felt bad as I spit it out. The 2.2 oz package says that a serving is one whole roll. This packs 220 calories and 55 grams of sugar!
If you like crunchy fruity candy, or the original neccos, give them a try. If not, opt for a lifesaver or some chocolate instead.
The flavors are desirable. My favorite was mixing the strawberry and banana. I didn’t fancy the mango, but I also don’t like mango in the first place. I was afraid they’d be chalky but they weren’t at all. I’m probably going to buy these again when they hit store shelves. They retail for $1.25 each which is perfect for how many classes they get me through!
The simple packaging is cute, and I like tropical flavored candy so I thought I'd give them a shot. There's a good variety of flavors, as to be expected by Necco...but most of them don't amaze me. Lime tastes like dish soap. Coconut and Banana are actually pretty decent flavors. But the rest of them are just...meh. They still taste like chalk/conversation hearts and I don't think this new set of flavors is going to get me to like this type of candy. Bleh.
Necco wafers tend to be dry and powdery which wasn't all that great and they were crunchy when you bit them but I found them enjoyable when you allowed them to melt on your tongue.
For a college student I found that the fat free, flavorful, bite sized wafers were great to carry around for a quick treat when you're on campus.
They are overly sugary, chalky, and an awkward shape, but I think the biggest reason I probably won't repurchase them is because they are just not a very exciting candy.
I don't buy candy all that often, so when I do, it's got to be something that I die for. This mostly means chocolate.
Sorry wafers, you're not chocolate. I know there is a chocolate version, but that sounds gross.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos