Near East Couscous Mix Roasted Garlic & Olive Oil uploaded by JoHanna B.

BY NEAR EAST #56 in Packaged Meals & Sides

Smart Choices Made Easy With Other Natural Flavors 100% Natural Cooks In 5 Minutes With Other Natural Flavors. 100% Natural. Cooks In 5 Minutes. 800-822-7423 see more...

• Has anyone ever used this in a chicken and couscous casse...2 Answers
Noa S.
Raleigh, NC
Oldie but a goodie. If you're home from work, hungry but not feeling like really cooking this is a pretty good hack. It requires a pot, measuring cups and a lid for the pot, and that is it. Make sure you use the exact amount of water according to the instructions. Pro tip: add a bit of olive oil just before you add the spice mix. You're welcome.
JoHanna B.
Hanover, WV
My family loves couscous. It has a great flavor and the texture is different. We usually eat it with chicken. We buy it at Walmart and Kroger. My daughter made sesame seed chicken with the couscous and both together are amazing. The overall taste is satisfying.
Ashleigh S.
Adrian
I go through this healthy phase every once in a while and this is always on my list. This stuff is so delicious and pairs well with chicken or fish and of course many vegetables. Its not expensive at all and makes a good amount. It has a great flavor and texture to it.
Gabriella N.
Washington, DC
I really enjoyed this flavor, but couscous is not really my preferred choice. The garlic and oil combination was nice and went well with broiled chicken and some green veggies.
Melanie S.
Manchester, CT
Absolutely love rice and Near East has become a staple in my household. We love different flavors and NE provides a huge variety of quick, easy, and healthy options. The directions are beyond easy to understand and carry out -- and in less than 20 minutes from start to finish you have a perfect serving of delicious couscous! We use it as a side dish mainly but you can absolutely use it as a main dish and add shrimp, veggies, etc!
Emily G.
Buffalo, NY
Near East Couscous Mix is a staple in my college student kitchen. It compliments my busy schedule and leaves enough for leftovers throughout the week! The taste is delicious and authentic tasting and you can pair it with anything! Sausage, chicken, steak, fish! It's really a great versatile food.
Darlene R.
I like Near East couscous, but I'm able to buy large quantities of couscous for much less and add my own flavorings, and I prefer to do it that way. However, I find their boxed couscous mixes to be a good alternative to other boxed grains or pastas.
Kim G.
My favorite flavor of this couscous! This is super easy to make, takes less than 5 minutes. All you need is water and bit of butter/oil. Yummy and healthy alternative to a meal! Great side dish that can be paired with anything. Husband loves it too!
Jacqui E.
I love most grains and this is one of them. I like the fact that I can flavor it many different ways and it always comes out delicious. Sodium content is a little high with some of the flavors but overall I buy this brand fairly often.
Stephanie H.
Glendale, AZ
I love all the flavors of Near East Couscous, but this one may be my favorite. It's light and neutral flavor goes well with just about anything. I can make it and not have to worry about seasoning it. Fast, simple, delicious.
Tonia A.
Douglas, MA
Has anyone ever used this in a chicken and couscous casserole in the oven?