by Nature's Variety

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Nature's Variety Instinct Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, Chicken Meal Formula, 12.1-Pound Package!
How would you rate this product?
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My car loves this food and he seems to be at a healthy weight and grows a nice shiny fur coat. The packaging is great and easy to open. My cat would probably say it could be improved by adding more delicious freeze dried bites.
Leesburg, GA
Our elderly cat has digestive issues and tends to throw up whatever she eats. It took almost 10 years for us to find this cat food. No more vomiting! This is the ONLY cat food we’be found that won’t bother her sensitive stomach, as she can’t really have grains or fish. We gladly pay the slightly high price tag for her comfort and health.
Crowley, TX
This stuff is expensive but it has really good ingredients. I have a naked cat and his skin doesn't get oily or overly dry. Also with higher quality foods you don't have to feed as much. He's almost 2 years old and he's been eating this food since he was a kitten.
North Port, FL
We actually use this food for both our cat and our ferrets (as well the occasional few pieces that dog will find). We love that the product is very wholesome and they don't tend to get very hungry through the day. For the ferrets we mix it with another food, but for a time only maintained the one and for that span they all had such clean teeth and shiny, fluffy coats. Our cat is long haired so this seems to help his coat as well, plus he's a picky eater and this is pretty much all he will eat.
Mesa, AZ
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I have two older cats with kidney issues and last year we switched them both to a 90% wet food and 10% dry food diet. This is the only dry food my vet recommended because it is so low in grain and carbs. Grocery store pet food is so bad for our pets and I wish I had known that earlier. I spend more on my cats food now but I hope to get a lot of extra years with them. They both love this food, took to it right away and I am glad I made the change.
Whitinsville, MA
The quality of this food may be good and I don't doubt that this is a healthy choice for your cats. However, I can't recommend this simply because my cat refused to eat it. I bought a bag of this and was excited to let my cat try it. She doesn't like it all all, and has decided to starve herself instead of eating this. I put her back on Purina Beyond and she started eating again. I tried mixing both foods, but she would leave Instinct food pieces behind. I'm sure I can find other good quality foods that she likes.
Santa Rosa, CA
So far my cat is really liking this food. I notice it has a bit of a "meaty" smell that seems to really entice her to her bowl during feeding time. I have also noticed a distinct change in her fur, she has lost the dullness in her fur and hasn't had any teeth issues since starting a grain-free diet.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I purchased this for my cats when I began reading about the benefits of a grain-free diet. I immediately saw a huge difference in my 8 year old Persian mix! He is much more energetic and playful now! He also gained weight quickly, but lost his belly. His weight is more evenly distributed, and his coat is beautiful! My kitten who is under a year old also loves it!
Fresno, CA
I purchased this for my 7 year old cat and the first 3 days she refused to eat it. The ingredients are such a healthy alternative to many of the other brands, I figured it would be an adjustment period. She finally started eating and while I know it is better for her, the price and her lack of enthusiasm makes me wonder if I should try the rabbit one instead?
Manchester, NH
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My cats love this brand, currently we're feeding them the Ultimate Protein version. They get excited to eat it, always finish it, and have tons of energy! One of my cats tends to be pretty picky about what he wants to eat, when he wants to eat it, etc. and he devours this! If you are looking for a good food to feed your cats I would definitely try this out.

Looking for your answer?