Nature's Bounty Valerian Root

Are there harsh side effects or sleep walking due to this product reported? Sleeping medications and supplements scare me!
I am looking for something to help me with getting to sleep. I find that I have a hard time falling asleep during the work week and do not want to take PM type OTCs. Will this help me?
Is this just for sleeping, or for anxiety or depression? I have fibromyalgia and I have all three, so I am looking for something to help me sleep better and reduce those symptoms. Any insight?
Start your review of Nature's Bounty Valerian Root!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
I bought these because they say that they promote sleep, and I have trouble sleeping.in reviews
I wouldn't use it every day but its good every so often if you're feeling anxious before sleep.in reviews
Take 20-40 minutes before falling asleep and you'll get a deep, restful snooze with the occasional bizarre dream.in reviews
My mother-in-law got me started taking these and I would recommend them to anyone.in reviews
Kelley Anne G.
Haverhill, MA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Nature's Bounty Valerian Root uploaded by Kelley Anne G.
Purchased at: The Vitamin Shoppe
Natural sleep aid and very healthy for your body! I suggest you start at a low dose in MG and then if needed increase from there. I switch off between this and white tea chamomile to help me sleep better!
Kel W.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
Nature's natural anxiety relief and sleep aid! My mother always used this herb for anxiety or sleep and as an adult I've used this for years. It's helped me so much and I'm so thankful to Mother Nature for even caring about our stresses and anxieties. Be warned; this herb smells like an old hags nether regions. But you won't even care when you see how wonderfully it actually works. As an herbalist, I recommend this to most people who could use the healing power of this powerful yet gentle herb. Although this is t for those who are pregnant or breast feeding.
Kelly W.
East Amherst, NY
I use these pills for 2 different reasons. 1. when I'm having trouble sleeping and 2. if i have a pulled muscle. They really help your whole body to relax! They smell really bad though, so just wash your hands after!
Debra N.
This was recommended to me by my Dr. when I was having trouble sleeping. It helps me relax and ''turn off'' my mind. I like that it is natural and not a prescription
Jahmirca I.
First of all I do not like taking chemical basis pills unless its absolutely necessary. I've tried melatonin and I am not a fan. When I would take melatonin I would always wake up 2 hours after taking it; then I would find it hard to go back to sleep. I was looking for something more organic and stumbled upon this herb. Valerian Root is so good! Definitely something I would recommend to anyone! Its natural and it really helps you get a good night sleep. I would not wake until at least 8 hours of sleep. Whenever I take it I'm sound asleep and i don't even wake up once, unlike melatonin. I do agree with others it can be a bit pricey, but you can look for the sale deals either online or in-stores. If you are having trouble sleeping you should give this a try!
Christina B.
Cheyenne, WY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 6
VALERIAN ROOT...AWESOME SUBSTITUTE for... If you need a sedative sleep aid for help with sleep at night...Valerian root is a great substitute for Lunesta, REstoril, Unisom...etc. It also has an added bonus, for being reconized in aiding with stress management!!
Crystal F.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
This really helps insomnia. I trouble falling/staying asleep and usually take melatonin, but I've started using this and it works great!
Fawzia E.
I have anxiety and it used to cause me insomnia and I didn't want to used any habit forming sleep aids so I found out about valerian root and took it every night before bed when I couldn't sleep and helped a lot!
Deborah L.
ROCHESTER, NY
I really like this product. It helps me sleep and I don't feel groggy when I wake up. It does smell bad but it isn't something that I take every night. I only take it nights that I can't get to sleep.
Daniela A.
San Marcos, CA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I tried this at the recommendation of my doctor when I had trouble falling asleep but it never really worked. And the worst part? It stinks!