BY NATURE MADE #4 in Sleep & Snoring Aids

Dietary Supplement Helps Promote Sleep Melatonin is a natural hormone in the body. No Artificial Colors No Artificial Flavors No Preservatives No Yeast or Gluten For details call *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. see more...

• Sounds nice,would this be good for Fibromialgia?sometimes...4 Answers
  • How did you choose how much?? Mg wise3 Answers
  • I always wondered if you'd feel the effects right away, d...6 Answers
Nature Made Melatonin 3 mg
  • "I think I definitely fall asleep faster when I take 2 pills instead of 1 but it still isn't that great of a help." in 5 reviews
  • "Whenever my sleep schedule/cycle gets out of whack I take just one pill about an hour before I'm ready togo to bed and it helps me stay asleep through the night. " in 5 reviews
Sarah G.
Joplin, MO
Okay here is the deal, folks. Melatonin is a hormone, it is not something that works better as you increase the dose. If the 3 mg does not work for you, that doesn't mean that taking two tablets will work better. These are marketed to help regulate your sleep-wake cycle, aka your circadian rhythm. I have struggled with insomnia on and off for years, and melatonin has never been something that worked for me. I know many people that it does work for, but if are trying to increase your dose because it's not working, you might as well try something else! I use Zzzquil as needed and it works great.
Myra H.
Since I discovered melatonin, my sleeping patterns have been much better. I used to try to work out because that is supposed to help you sleep better, but I always had trouble getting to sleep and then maintaining it through the night, even with exercise. Now with the melatonin added into my life, I can get to sleep within 30-60 minutes after taking it. If I am having a really rough time, then I'll take two or three but one normally does the trick. It's best to take no later than about 9 pm because taking it later can make you feel drowsy in the morning (at least in my experience).
Rachel G.
South Lyon, MI
I bought two of these buy one get one free at Walgreens. They really do work and put me to sleep. The reason I give four stars is because of you rely on this too much, it will affect the melatonin you produce naturally. I seem to never be able to sleep unless I'm worn out or have a sleep aid so I alternate between this and Benadryl. I'll keep repurchasing this, but I will wait for more BOGO deals.
Michelle R.
Midland, TX
My daughter had a hard time going to sleep. She other conditions that keep her awake. Whenever she just can not relax enough to go to sleep I give her a tablet. This is a sleep aide ,I do not use every night with her but I have found this works better than prescription. There is no hang over feeling.
JimiJo F.
Winston Salem, NC
Melatonin is a really great natural pill to take if you have sleeping problems. It usually takes me two to three pills for them to work on me. Just be warned that if you take it every night your body will get used to it and not affect it as much. Also, if you take too much of Melatonin it could possibly make you start to have that awful itch under your skin.
Brooke H.
Dickinson, ND
If you occasionally have problems falling or staying asleep melatonin is a life saver. I used to struggle both with falling and staying asleep but with the help of melatonin i was able to fix my sleep cycle. Upon taking only a 3mg i fall asleep within half an hour. and i stay asleep! I only take it on occasion now but any time i go on trips i bring it just in case! Melatonin is also naturally produced in the body so i much prefer taking it over tradition OTC sleeping pills. i would definitely recommend.
Jenna M.
Stress led to me taking Nyquil even when I didn't have a cold (and before they put out ZzzQuil) and I knew it wasn't healthy. A friend clued me in to melatonin. If I take it an hour before I would like to be asleep it works like a charm. It does seem to lose its effect after a couple days of consecutive use, so I only use it when my mind is racing.
Alli M.
Suwanee, GA
I rarely take melatonin, but when I do it works like a charm! It really is a life saver when you can't sleep at night. The only thing you have to be careful of is taking it too late at night. I notice that if I take it too late I wake up feeling sleepy and groggy. It helps if you drink a lot of water in the morning to get it out of your system!
Tonya L.
Pocahontas, AR
I always keep these on hands...because sometimes, ya just can't sleep. I don't like using other night time products as they always leave my foggy and dragging the next day. With these I don't have that problem whatsoever. Great for getting a solid, good nights rest. Taken about an hour before bed, I'm ready to hit the sack and wake up refreshed.
Felisha L.
Ogden, UT
Why I gave this a 3 is because main thing it does work but on the other hand it does you can leave a weird taste in your mouth or have a hard time going down your throat or can leave your mouth a little dry but it could be overlooked by drinking it with water or a little bit of milk and keeping hydrated if not they can be other things out there
Claudia C.
Maybe I am doing something wrong, but it didn't work for me! I am wondering if it worked for you?
kimberly s.
Irvine, KY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Does this really work for sleep?
Madelynne S.
Does this actually work? I've had troubles sleeping for years and it's gotten to be enough.
Jessie D.
Ive had this melatonin recommended to me by a friend and she says its a life saver on those nights you cant fall asleep, is this true or is she just pulling my leg?
Amy C.
Woodbridge, VA
What are folks' experiences with using this product? How soon before bedtime should they be taken?