BY NATURE MADE #4 in Sleep & Snoring Aids

Dietary Supplement Helps Promote Sleep Melatonin is a natural hormone in the body. No Artificial Colors No Artificial Flavors No Preservatives No Yeast or Gluten For details call *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. see more...

• Sounds nice,would this be good for Fibromialgia?sometimes my brai...4 Answers
  • How did you choose how much?? Mg wise3 Answers
  • I always wondered if you'd feel the effects right away, do you?6 Answers
Nature Made Melatonin 3 mg
  • "Whenever my sleep schedule/cycle gets out of whack I take just one pill about an hour before I'm ready togo to bed and it helps me stay asleep through the night. " in 5 reviews
  • "I think I definitely fall asleep faster when I take 2 pills instead of 1 but it still isn't that great of a help." in 5 reviews
Amanda W.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Review for: Melatonin 3 mg more...
Melatonin is amazing. I was having a lot of sleeping issues when I first started college and all the sleeping pills I tried left me feeling awful the next day. Melatonin is the only sleep aid that doesn’t make me feel bad in the morning. You can buy this at any local grocery store or pharmacy!
Christel J.
San Diego, CA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I've tried other brands of melatonin and for some reason, this one doesn't leave me groggy in the morning. I do occasionally have vivid dreams as others have described, but I can't particularly attribute them to melatonin. I take this more regularly than I'd like, as I've suffered from insomnia for well over 20 years. Nothing has been as gentle, but also... I tend to gain tolerance kind of quickly. I go in a cycle where I start at one pill, stop having benefits, upgrade to 2, eventually those don't work and I upgrade to 3. That's a big down side, but with chronic insomnia, it is well worth it to me. Then I go about a week or two, suffering through insomnia or other medications to help me sleep, and start back with one pill again. I have noticed my 5 mg bottle doesn't seem the same as the 3mg. I prefer to go in 3mg increments. I love this stuff, but definitely check with your physician and pharmacist before adding any supplement to your regimen as there are contraindications.
Katelyn G.
Canoga Park, CA
Just a few tablets under the tongue and you are out like a baby! In less than an hour you get a great night sleep and you are not overly groggy in the morning. Since our body naturally produces this chemical, it enhances our natural bodies production. Works wonders.
Mini M.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I really like this supplement. I'm a night person and some days getting to sleep is not something my body is willing to cooperate with me on. These gently drag me into sleep within about half an hour and aren't rough on my stomach. (I use the quick release 10mg version.)
Brittany S.
Tifton
This is a sleep aid that my whole family takes. You can use this under the recommendation of your doctor for your little ones. You can find this in any drug store. I love this stuff. It gives you a natural sleepiness. Nothing too heavy like prescription sleep aid.
Marina D.
Newport News, VA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
READ: Do not take melatonin if you have an autoimmune disease(like rheumatoid arthritis, type 1 diabetes mellitus, inflammatory bowel diseases, multiple sclerosis, or systemic lupus erythematosus) Do your research before you start taking, and talk to a doctor. Don't listen to random reviews when it comes to vitamins you put in your body.

With that being said I used melatonin through a great deal of high school and college. It is habit forming, so I had some phases where I could not sleep without it. I would try to fall asleep without taking it and would be up for 3-4 hours after getting into bed. I would finally give in late at night, take it, and be groggy all day. It also gave me crazy vivid dreams/nightmares. However, if you can manage to only use it on occasion and don't have any of the diseases I listed above I think it can be beneficial.

jaime H.
I double up and take 2. But they help and you don't wake up drowsy or dazed. Try taking it a bit before you are ready for bed. Then relax and begin to unwind, this is when your body naturally realizes melatonin. Think of the supplement as a kick start 2 sleep.
Darby S.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I love melatonin I take some every night. When I'm stressed an cannot get to sleep or having those racing thoughts before bed this is my go to. Another great bonus about this product is there is no hangover or grogginess from it. So it is great for early birds!
Priya K.
Arlington, VA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Working a stressful job, at times, makes it difficult to sleep. Melatonin has helped me find a way to relax and get the peaceful night sleep I need! It is not addicting and doesn't give me any side effects, or cause me any groggy feelings in the morning!
Omeka E.
Eastvale , CA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
With sickle cell you're gonna deal with insomnia in this helps helps you relax helps you fall asleep faster that it does doing very affordable for what it doesare used it three times a week and if you have sleeping problems you should try it as well
Claudia C.
Maybe I am doing something wrong, but it didn't work for me! I am wondering if it worked for you?
kimberly s.
Irvine, KY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Does this really work for sleep?
Madelynne S.
Does this actually work? I've had troubles sleeping for years and it's gotten to be enough.
Jessie D.
Ive had this melatonin recommended to me by a friend and she says its a life saver on those nights you cant fall asleep, is this true or is she just pulling my leg?
Amy C.
Woodbridge, VA
What are folks' experiences with using this product? How soon before bedtime should they be taken?